What are you listening to?

I had other ideas, but some suggestions of @Achim1812 made me change my mind. So I'll follow him in his footsteps.
I start with an album of Mike Oldfield with his sister Sally Oldfield. Nothing to do with Tubular Bells, but i liked this album when it came out and i still like it.
Immagine 2023-08-08 075556.jpg
Now things get a little more difficult. I don't really like contemporary composers/musicians, but there are some exceptions. Philip Glass. So here are two works. Probably not for everyone and quite "difficult", but I like them.
One note, I didn't find them on Qobuz, but they are on Amazon Music Unlimited.

Immagine 2023-08-08 080115.jpg
Immagine 2023-08-08 080308.jpg
Now a couple of "my" suggestions. A relaxing album.
Immagine 2023-08-08 081107.jpg
And something more lively. A great Italian trumpeter. He has played with many notable artists such as Uri Caine, Dave Holland, Gerry Mulligan, John Abercrombie, Toots Thielemans.
Immagine 2023-08-08 081721.jpg
That's all ;)

The next very often re-listened record.
One of my favorite orchestras and his conductor the Dutch Joos van Immerseel. He is also a well regarded pianist. Here with a collection of some of the most popular Russian (show)pieces. Sounds great, but even greater with not so low volume 😉.

IMG_1436.jpeg

During the day, while I am working, I can't really listen to albums. Instead I usually choose one from a Random Albums menu in LMS and then let Don't Stop The Music and an LMS plugin called LastMix do its stuff. Using the initial album as a "seed" it then uses the LastFM database to find similar music from either my local library or from Qobuz. Here's a short example of the sort of playlist it produces.

This is being played on a WiiM Mini using the LMS UPnP/DLNA Bridge plugin.

1691485517349.png

For me the most important bass player today. His Kiesel BB Signature comes with 4 or 5 strings.

IMG_1440.jpeg

Last for today.
Verdi operas, never ending love, suicide, tears, murderer, jealousy and even more love. Every emotion a human being can feel 😉
Also a teaser for listeners who never tried operas. Quite sure you have heard a lot of this melodies before.
Orchestra and Choir of La Scala, Milano. Italian as Italian can be. And Maestro Abbado. More Italy is hard to imagine. May be @Maurizio, but I could not find a recording featuring him.

IMG_1441.jpeg

Some of you seem to like classical piano music. So you have to suffer my next recommendation 😉
This debut album from Argentinian Marta Argerich was from day one a sensational (for classical music) economical success. Starting point for an unbelievable world career. Not only as pianist, but as mentor, teacher and door opener for so many talents. Her festivals are still exciting events.
Worth a try!
Here was headphone afternoon with KA5, Sundara and the Qobuz stream/UAPP

View attachment 1823.
Thank you for this; beautiful music

Yeah - breakthrough hit Sometime Around Midnight is still brilliant played loud ;)
Sad...from tomorrow morning I am divorced from any stereo. For at least four weeks hordes of workmen will flood the house 🤨
Thanks heaven there are headphones. Advantage: Loud is no problem..

Last for today.
Verdi operas, never ending love, suicide, tears, murderer, jealousy and even more love. Every emotion a human being can feel 😉
Also a teaser for listeners who never tried operas. Quite sure you have heard a lot of this melodies before.
Orchestra and Choir of La Scala, Milano. Italian as Italian can be. And Maestro Abbado. More Italy is hard to imagine. May be @Maurizio, but I could not find a recording featuring him.

View attachment 1875
May be @Maurizio, but I could not find a recording featuring him.
Mhhh i think i have not understood. What recordings are you talking about? One of mine? ;)  Or, may be, Verdi's recordings directed by Abbado? :unsure:

Sorry, mate. My line was a little bit weird. I am sure that you are the most Italian Italian around. But I can not find a record with you as an artist 😎 So what was meant as joke fails....

Sorry, mate. My line was a little bit weird. I am sure that you are the most Italian Italian around. But I can not find a record with you as an artist 😎 So what was meant as joke fails....
Hehehe, mate. My ones are secret recordings. You have to pay to listen to 😂 😂 ;)

For me the most important bass player today. His Kiesel BB Signature comes with 4 or 5 strings.

View attachment 1873
Regarding your suggestions. BB passed my tough test. ;)
I wouldn't say the same for Marc Ribot. A real noise guitarist!! :eek:
Not my cup of tea. 😂;)
Four weeks with ordes of workmen? But…it’s terrible 😝
Goodbye peace! Luckily, as you say, there are headphones.
To survive you'll need a few beers and some Armagnacs.;)
No coffee because it could make you nervous.😂😂

@Maurizio and sorry to the others, it is off-topic.
Believe me or not. I drink my last coffee on the way to the bathroom before I go to bed! Tea would make me nervous, coffee calms me down.

Bowie Hunky Dory off WiiM 16/48, that’s right, I have an old Cal Audio sigma, I’ll appreciate presence over sterile high resolution from time to time. Also I recently checked out again, Bowie, Aladdin Sane half speed master vinyl (Music Hall MMF 7). The mood struck for that recently.

Back