What are you listening to?

Good morning.

This is my alarm today.
Summer in Japan is very humid and spicy, but today it is a little cooler.
Have a good day. 😉

Rachel Platten / Girls
Screenshot_2023-08-09-09-23-35-470_com.linkplay.wiimhome~2.jpg

It was only recently that I came across ZAZ.
I want to know more about her.

Screenshot_2023-08-09-11-22-59-293_com.amazon.mp3-edit.jpg

I found a live album of Japan tour.
This song (Si jamais j'oublie) was used as the theme song for a Japan TV drama and attracted a lot of attention.

"Je veux (Japan version)" also sings in Japanese. I'm sure she trained hard.

IMG_20230809_112521.jpg

"Electro Pop" is the label for this record in a German hifi magazine. Normally I do not read the following review 😉
But in the first line they named it an extremely well recorded album. That changed my mind..
Splendid start for the headphone weeks!

IMG_1442.jpeg

Okay, I can still insert an album. An interesting saxophonist from Argentina Immagine 2023-08-09 070837.jpg
And now I'm really going. 😊

At least one "difficult" daily recommendation from here.
Ligeti was one of a few entry points for me to dig a little bit deeper in modern classical. Some people will call it even Avantgarde 😉 and I will not stop teasing you with such music as long as I do not read STOP!
Not for background or easy listening. One must take time. A brilliant young pianist with terrible pianistic challenges.
Such recordings are my personal instrument to get me an impression what the hifi is possible to deliver. Every single tone has to be identified.

Screenshot_20230809_091803_USB Audio Player PRO.jpeg

@Yanto
Bruno Walter is a giant! I love his Mahler and his Mozart.
But although I am a German there are problems with two of the four "great Bs" in our musical history.
Bach and Beethoven can not be praised enough.
Brahms and Bruckner wrote some of the most boring music I know. 😉 Never found a way and I tried hard.
(One exception is Brahms Violin Concerto. Even this was named "Concerto against the Violin". The only melody is heard from the?? Hautbois! 😂)

@Yanto
Try Mahler's First, the "Titan".
Bruno Walter was a friend and student from Mahler. So he is always a good and authentic choice with this composer. Or try Bernstein with Mahler. Concertgebouw or Vienna Philharmonic. The recordings are younger and from sound better. May be you can leave the choral symphonies for the later times 😉

Forget about "understanding" operas. Take it as romantic or crime novels with some people singing. And keep in mind: An opera is only finished when the big lady is dead. 😉
And for Mozart's Requiem try Jordi Savall. Available everywhere.

Was lucky enough to see Southside back in the day. A one day festival at Crystal Palace. Headliners were Santana IIRC.

FLAC from my original vinyl copy

♪ Playing I Don't Want To Go Home by Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes from I Don't Want To Go Home (Vinyl) (1976) (Local • 837kbps VBR 16bit 44.1kHz FLC)

IMG_6401.jpg

Another band I was lucky enough to see a number of times back in the day!

FLAC from Vinyl.

♪ Playing White Honey by Graham Parker & The Rumour from Howlin' Wind (Vinyl) (1976) (Local • 874kbps VBR 16bit 44.1kHz FLC)

IMG_6405.jpg

I don't know why but everyone, me for the first, has always and only proposed female singers. But men can sing too, so I propose something different. Sorry for @Wiimer ;)
In these cases I choose the "Best Of..." because you have a broad idea of what the singer does. If you like it, you can learn more with the Albums.
From French cousins
Immagine 2023-08-10 062751.jpg
and
Immagine 2023-08-10 062926.jpg
I wrote here somewhere that I don't like Italian music. However, this singer/composer/musician must be reported.
He has had different periods, from the experimental beginning (a great friend of Stockhausen) for example the album "Fetus" to other things. Much loved and followed in Italy. He died in 2021. I heard him live. Memorable.
Not a "cultural" purpose. ;)
Immagine 2023-08-10 063646.jpg
To close a great classic
Immagine 2023-08-10 061519.jpg

Next headphone day. Faced some trouble with my internet for this side. My IT detectives found the reason and we will strike back 😎
As usual good choices @Maurizio
One of my many favorite singers is Robert Plant. There was a life after Zepp!
The duets with Alison Krauss are also worth a reminder!

IMG_1445.jpegIMG_1444.jpeg

I don't know why but everyone, me for the first, has always and only proposed female singers. But men can sing too, so I propose something different. Sorry for @Wiimer ;)
In these cases I choose the "Best Of..." because you have a broad idea of what the singer does. If you like it, you can learn more with the Albums.
From French cousins
View attachment 1908
and
View attachment 1909
I wrote here somewhere that I don't like Italian music. However, this singer/composer/musician must be reported.
He has had different periods, from the experimental beginning (a great friend of Stockhausen) for example the album "Fetus" to other things. Much loved and followed in Italy. He died in 2021. I heard him live. Memorable.
Not a "cultural" purpose. ;)
View attachment 1910
To close a great classic
View attachment 1911

Hi. @Maurizio

I was checking out most of the artists posted here. I enjoy myself regardless of gender.
Although, of course, it goes without saying that I love women. 😜

Many Many Thank you 😉

Back