What are you listening to?

Daphile will include the necessary SMBclient files that will let you do it easily via its web interface as will piCorePlayer.

On a normal Linux you need to mount the share before LMS can see it. Depending on the flavour of Linux you may be able to do it via Linux desktop but always via terminal. What flavour are you trying to use? And why? Perhaps start a different thread
Sorry I see that’s it’s Mint. On LMS “Man in a Van” uses Mint. Post there in Linux/Unix

Daphile will include the necessary SMBclient files that will let you do it easily via its web interface as will piCorePlayer.

On a normal Linux you need to mount the share before LMS can see it. Depending on the flavour of Linux you may be able to do it via Linux desktop but always via terminal. What flavour are you trying to use? And why? Perhaps start a different thread
Indeed, I'll start another thread in a bit, thank you. 😃

Sorry I see that’s it’s Mint. On LMS “Man in a Van” uses Mint. Post there in Linux/Unix
Now, be nice. I have three other systems running Mint. My full size rig, which needs to be upgraded actually, a laptop, which I run headless for a dedicated Roon server and another laptop that was Dad's, that needed wiped. This laptop is running Win11, which I bought to stay up to speed on Microsoft OS, I am a technician after all, lol. Normally, I am quite anti Win/Mac. :sick:

Now, be nice. I have three other systems running Mint. My full size rig, which needs to be upgraded actually, a laptop, which I run headless for a dedicated Roon server and another laptop that was Dad's, that needed wiped. This laptop is running Win11, which I bought to stay up to speed on Microsoft OS, I am a technician after all, lol. Normally, I am quite anti Win/Ma
Well, I hope you were not waiting on me, but I have decided to give up on this Mate version of Linux and I'm reloading it with XFCE instead. It my first try of Mate and I have been fighting it the whole time, grrrr. So it's gone and I'm starting over on the mini PC project. I will still probably have some LMS questions a bit later, thank you. 👍 🤪

@Brantome
As far as I remember it all started with a version for two pianos named "American Rhapsody". Then Paul Whiteman's orchestra played it with GG as single soloist. They changed the name of the piece in "Rhapsody in Blue" and it became an international hit. Countless versions were played over the years and all could be named authentic. Brings me to a point where it could be fun to re-work my knowledge 😉
Well, you have the time :)

Maybe. But at twice the cost! Most would subscribe to one or the other.
Yeah, but I get a pretty hefty Military discount, so the pain is eased some what. 😥 Oh, I finally got that LMS/Linux issue figured out, what a PITA. It's doing the big scan now. I may write up my steps and post it for somewhere, eh? 😜🤪😳

Yeah, but I get a pretty hefty Military discount, so the pain is eased some what. 😥 Oh, I finally got that LMS/Linux issue figured out, what a PITA. It's doing the big scan now. I may write up my steps and post it for somewhere, eh? 😜🤪😳
The initial getting it working as a complete newbie can be complicated - particularly if you adding the complication of a NAS mount to the equation but I think if you persist you will see the value.

Totally must have plugins
Material

Must have plugins
Music & Artist Information (MAI)
LastMix - use in conjunction with Don't Stop The Music

Should have one of plugins
Qobuz
Tidal - needs a subscription to mysqueezebox.com
Deezer
Spotify - if you must

Recommended plugins
Radio Paradise - massively better implementation that WHA
BBC Sounds
Radio Now Playing - adds metadata and cover art to Internet Radio stations where it doesn't otherwise exist
What Was That Tune? - look back at your recent play history for that tune that you really liked but were too busy to note down
Playlist Manager
Group Players

Others
AirPlay Bridge - make any AirPlay speaker into an LMS player (AirPlay1 so capped at 16/44.1 but will sync with other LMS players
Chromecast Bridge - similar to above. 24/96 capable but will not sync
UPnP/DLNA Bridge - does the same with UPnP but very difficult to configure with some players. WiiM Mini however is out of the box ish. Will not sync.
UPnP

Still not able to listen to the vinyl version but at least I can Qobuz it

♪ Playing Angry by The Rolling Stones from Hackney Diamonds (2023) (Qobuz • 3234kbps, 24bit, 96kHz, -12.46dB, FLC)

IMG_6582.jpg

The initial getting it working as a complete newbie can be complicated - particularly if you adding the complication of a NAS mount to the equation but I think if you persist you will see the value.

Totally must have plugins
Material

Must have plugins
Music & Artist Information (MAI)
LastMix - use in conjunction with Don't Stop The Music

Should have one of plugins
Qobuz
Tidal - needs a subscription to mysqueezebox.com
Deezer
Spotify - if you must

Recommended plugins
Radio Paradise - massively better implementation that WHA
BBC Sounds
Radio Now Playing - adds metadata and cover art to Internet Radio stations where it doesn't otherwise exist
What Was That Tune? - look back at your recent play history for that tune that you really liked but were too busy to note down
Playlist Manager
Group Players

Others
AirPlay Bridge - make any AirPlay speaker into an LMS player (AirPlay1 so capped at 16/44.1 but will sync with other LMS players
Chromecast Bridge - similar to above. 24/96 capable but will not sync
UPnP/DLNA Bridge - does the same with UPnP but very difficult to configure with some players. WiiM Mini however is out of the box ish. Will not sync.
UPnP
Naw, newbie, I'm not. Been using, building and fixing computers since the early 80s, in fact. But getting network shares working in Linux has always been a PITA for me, lol. I think it ended up being a combination of questionable NAS user/passwd and the smb security level, all good now. LMS was never the problem and it's looking pretty cool as a possible Roon replacement. 👍

Last edited:
@Brown Sound
All for the sound, forget the optics 😉
Btw....my Denon is RIP. Not a single wire but the whole control board is down. Difficult and quite expensive to get and therefore only decoration yet. A simple and new Thorens fully automatic took over. You know, the tremor 😉
Oh wow, sorry to hear that, sir. I'm not sure what I would do if my Denon died!? I would probably get a Fluance RT-85, I guess.

Back