What external DAC to improve the Ultra?

We've had that before, more than once.
I know Hans personally and I also know that his knowledge about the relevant things is superior to most people here and even more of the remaining YT Mafia.
But his fanbase wants to see him exactly the way he does it. Not grabbing a cup of coffee and so on. And THEY are important for him. Not the people with the empty pockets and high demands. It is simply business, nothing else. None of those YTers have a serious interest in really enlightening people or do it for a "Vergelt's Gott" and thanks heaven no one is forced to follow. And he thinks the never changing devices behind him are still a good decoration. And there I fear he is resistent for advice 😉.
But they all have their target groups. The Cheap, the Glossy, the Boring and all the others. And your mentioning him here will create a few more clicks for him. Job done.
Fair enough.

So why doesn't he simply run the tests and show the results?

Hans B. seems like a decent bloke. I’ve watched his videos where he asserts that audible differences between digital transport devices are not only present but may be clearly heard. He then follows up with what seems like a loose justification based on the fact that digital bits are represented in analogue transmissions, subject to noise and therefore sound data is susceptible to corruption/mistiming.

What he says about the sound may be true, but I haven’t heard it yet and I don’t find his explanations convincing.

In answer to the original question I have hooked up the ultra to my deniafrips ares ii r2r dac via optical out, sounds bloody good to me ears, but they are my ears off course so subjective 🙂🙂

In answer to the original question I have hooked up the ultra to my deniafrips ares ii r2r dac via optical out, sounds bloody good to me ears, but they are my ears off course so subjective 🙂🙂
Same combo here, although I'm running through the USB. Don't know if I can tell any difference between the optical and USB, but other's have indicated a preference for the latter.

Same combo here, although I'm running through the USB. Don't know if I can tell any difference between the optical and USB, but other's have indicated a preference for the latter.
I can also recommend the Denafrips as well.
I have always used USB but for some reason I like the Coaxial digital better with the Ultra.
I also use balanced cables to my power amp as it eliminates all hisses which I did get with rca cables.

Thanks will have a play around myself using the usb to see, cheers

Back