What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

More important than the dac chip are the opamps or opamp in the output stage. They can considerably improve the sound. I do not Think Linkplay want's to just play to the needs of Audiophiles. That is too much of a niche. A Competitor to Blusound a half the price would sell a lot more than an device that needs another device to convert you digital streams.
Hi D1N0, Team

Besides the DAC, there are opamps in the output stage. It's an entirely re-designed audio path compared with the WiiM Mini and Pro. Besides, we compared it with many popular DACs objectively and subjectively, and we're quite satisfied with the outcome. Anyway, we'll be sure to hear from you when we're open for Beta testing and launch. Please stay tuned! Thank you!

Hi D1N0, Team

Besides the DAC, there are opamps in the output stage. It's an entirely re-designed audio path compared with the WiiM Mini and Pro. Besides, we compared it with many popular DACs objectively and subjectively, and we're quite satisfied with the outcome. Anyway, we'll be sure to hear from you when we're open for Beta testing and launch. Please stay tuned! Thank you!
good morning Wiim team, I would like to know if you will produce a pure streamer within this year.
Thank you very much

Hi D1N0, Team

but do you also think of carrying out a revision of the mini?

Who’s upgrading to plus? Anyone here?
In reply to @Smartplug I would like to have my say on what has become, it seems to me, an endless querelle.
I will put the real answer at the end of my thought.
So what do I think?
I think Linkplay is having a good laugh 😂 reading the thread. We look like a flock of geese squawking in the chicken coop. ;)
They have thrown the stone into the pond and are now watching the circles widen. We certainly gave them, if they want to take advantage of it, ideas for the next ten years of production.
The funniest thing then, always in my opinion, is that while we are hurting ourselves to say I would like this; no this other they have already taken their decision and already know how this new product will be made.
Our avalanche of ideas or not. So, cui prodest? :unsure: This puts an end, for my part, to this interminable dispute.
The answer to the question of @Smartplug .
Would i be willing to buy the new, let's call it that, WiiM Pro + because it has a new DAC? Certainly not. I already have mine which are certainly better. Let's also take into account that it's not just a matter of chips, Saber; AKM etc, but of all the architecture that revolves around the various chips.
Would i be willing to buy the Pro + if it had:
A less economic aspect (Metal body); a screen wouldn't hurt?
Better connections?
Updated outputs?
Certainly Yes
Dac or not, I don't care since I wouldn't use it anyway.
Sure, the absence of a DAC could decrease costs.
I've seen often mentioned here that not everyone has their own DAC, so an internal DAC would be important for them. The fact that an internal DAC would help newbies etc. etc.
But are we really that sure? :unsure: There is, just to give an example, the Fiio D03K Taishan which at the price of € 31.90 on Amazon has very good technical characteristics and a very good sound signature.
Could even a neophyte take advantage of it or not?
I think so, and....with excellent results.
I say this because I have personally experienced it.
Having said that, for my part, I have said all I could say. Further comments, again from me, would be superfluous.
Greetings to the nice and lively community :giggle:

Hi D1N0, Team

I will, that would be interesting.

My wishes for an upgraded wiim pro includes a sub-out and a HDMI in.
Other wishes would be a metal outside body/box, a better dac and maybe even a nice display that shows artis name/label

Do you want to know what are the real strengths of the WiiMs? Maybe not, but I'm telling you anyway. 😊
1- Unbeatable price
2- Have almost all streaming services included. This is really a big plus
3- Factor form
Major weakness?
It's too cheapish. Both to the eye and, above all, to the touch. Not even the best quality plastic.
For me, these are the points to maintain and those to improve.;)
For example, how much would a well-made metal body raise the price? I think of a trifle
The USB audio out would also cost very little. Everything else is debatable.
Taking the DAC. Needless, for me, to improve it much.
The purists would still not be satisfied and for others looking for an all in one a decent DAC would be more than enough.

Is product development for the audiophile product still at the stage that current requests/proposals can possibly be accommodated?

Is product development for the audiophile product still at the stage that current requests/proposals can possibly be accommodated?
I'd doubt that given they're mentioning availability of units (maybe just beta) in a few months. Adding new physical interfaces, for example, would no doubt mean circuit board changes and take you back to the start of the product development cycle

Do you want to know what are the real strengths of the WiiMs? Maybe not, but I'm telling you anyway. 😊
1- Unbeatable price
3- Factor form
Major weakness?
It's too cheapish. Both to the eye and, above all, to the touch. Not even the best quality plastic.
For example, how much would a well-made metal body raise the price? I think of a trifle
The purists would still not be satisfied and for others looking for an all in one a decent DAC would be more than enough.
Totally agree with 1 to 3 👏
For the rest: All my WiiM devices are invisible ...😉

1- Unbeatable price
3- Factor form
Major weakness?
I generally agree, but you seem to have forgotten the most important thing.

This is the most important strength of WiiM.

1: Frequent updates and support

With this, WiiM has succeeded in winning the hearts and minds of consumers. Consumers continue to look forward and aspire to this low-cost device. In general, the more expensive the product, the more satisfying the consumer. Wii M is a valuable exception.
(It looks to me. The eyes of everyone in this forum are sparkling🙂)

And support comes at a cost. With each additional feature, the cost increases.

The expensive part of a plastic case is the injection molding die. After that, they’re trivially cheap to mass produce. Metal cases add significantly to each product, especially the milled cases, which look impressive, but add nothing to device performance. Also, the WiFi and Bluetooth signals are extremely affected, requiring an external antenna with mount, adding more cost and inventory.

WiiM clearly knows its market far better than the armchair entrepreneurs.

Hans Beekhuizen did a review of the pro with an interesting look inside:
So, did I hear this correct in test #3 that he was somewhat critical of the Pro’s sound? The Pro’s delivering a bit perfect stream over spdif into his intervening DAC so isn’t the “sound” down to that, not the Pro?

So, did I hear this correct in test #3 that he was somewhat critical of the Pro’s sound? The Pro’s delivering a bit perfect stream over spdif into his intervening DAC so isn’t the “sound” down to that, not the Pro?
You know, it's a famous "microdynamics". And the equipment in the background he does not even use.

I can watch him sometimes when he just talks about the audio related things, but watching his reviews is a waste of time imo.

Back