What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

So what do you expect in such a forum? Objectivity all around? Trust your ears and your bank account. My personal experience is that a music enthusiast is mostly more happy and satisfied and an ASR adept is in permanent search for "better graphs, numbers (and nonsense like jitter). The founding fathers of jitter are all dead in the meantime. It popped up shortly after the availability of CD players. Each and every serious today gear will send this miracle where it belongs. In the bin.

I want a room in next high end Munich that has equipment approved by ASR as perfect or best . And then I want to see people ‘s reactions

@canard
I thought it was obvious. The majority of DACs today have a USB audio input and only with this connection you get the maximum
more bit perfect than perfect...
more jitter would exist on the coax toslink?
the 1-0 will be less badly treated in usb?
;-)

more bit perfect than perfect...
more jitter would exist on the coax toslink?
the 1-0 will be less badly treated in usb?
;-)
You do realize that coax/spdif is limited to 192khz while usb can support the maximum dac that support up to 768khz. Even no human can hear that range but it’s good to know your system can support it.

You do realize that coax/spdif is limited to 192khz while usb can support the maximum dac that support up to 768khz. Even no human can hear that range but it’s good to know your system can support it.
hihi...
somes streaming etc at more of 192k?
I really like talking about these topics.
but that is really too much argument for me
;-)
end for me
come back to the bedside lamp
;-)

hihi...
somes streaming etc at more of 192k?
Lol the fact of matter, I like the sound of 16/44. The higher resolution is just to soft for me that I have to turn volume up and sound dull to me. I think all these fiasco of high resolution are just upsampled contain no information paddled them with 1 and 0.

Lol the fact of matter, I like the sound of 16/44. The higher resolution is just to soft for me that I have to turn volume up and sound dull to me. I think all these fiasco of high resolution are just upsampled contain no information paddled them with 1 and 0.
ps..
I was the one who, as early as spring 22, showed in asr the jitter measurements of the mini pointing to a very high jitter.. much more than an old and modest chromecast audio...
I they are making fun of me...
the jitter this bullshit etc.. is bitperfect etc for a long time...
So I laugh when we talk about these topics..
;-)))

Last edited:
me...
and all the people who don't have a mini or a pro...
or with mini waiting for a significantly better pro in dac..
;-)
(
and yet I have a few dacs
;-)
)
and besides, I never hid from preferring the internal dac of the old and modest chromecast audio from 2015 to that of the mini..
sad

Last edited:
More important than the dac chip are the opamps or opamp in the output stage. They can considerably improve the sound. I do not Think Linkplay want's to just play to the needs of Audiophiles. That is too much of a niche. A Competitor to Blusound a half the price would sell a lot more than an device that needs another device to convert you digital streams.

More important than the dac chip are the opamps or opamp in the output stage. They can considerably improve the sound. I do not Think Linkplay want's to just play to the needs of Audiophiles. That is too much of a niche. A Competitor to Blusound a half the price would sell a lot more than a device that needs another device to convert you digital streams.
Both the Wiim Mini and Pro already have DACs to convert a digital stream to analogue, so I’m not sure what you mean by saying they need another device. It may be true that other DACs perform better but that doesn’t negate the fact that WiiM’s do the same job just maybe not as well as other more expensive devices.

Both the Wiim Mini and Pro already have DACs to convert a digital stream to analogue, so I’m not sure what you mean by saying they need another device. It may be true that other DACs perform better but that doesn’t negate the fact that WiiM’s do the same job just maybe not as well as other more expensive devices.
I am not saying that they need another device. I was talking about the DACless streamer with USB and I2S people are asking for. I do not think that is wat Linkplay is aiming for. That being said I do think the DAC in the WIIM is too weak for Audiophile use. I Also have a Argon SOLO network player, that has a well implemented Sabre SS9018 DAC, much better than the one in the WIIM.

if wiim will not make a streamer with USB/I2S out and improved clock, it will remain one of the many products, easily outclassed over time by the Chinese competition..... sooner or later..... Also the people who want a pure streamer it's not that limited, it seems strange to me that one thinks of the mass when there are plenty of economic proposals. Moreover, again in my humble opinion, the future will be that of pure streamers.

The "mass" will never be the target group for something like a higher-class-streamer (the expression "audiophile" gets more and more an invective for me 😉).
The "mass" will stay with these Alexa or Google toys.
A little smaller "mass" will get better sound but will hold it convenient and cheap and in only one box. This is in my opinion the target for the WiiM Pro.
Why a change and two versions? Even if the DAC will be not necessary for the majority HERE, which are the more or less nerdish, it makes no harm. Being a nerd for me starts with entering a forum. And do not tell me the smaller price target will make the difference. It doesn't cost a fortune.
Sorry, I didn't quite understand your concept but I think the $250-300 target represents a watershed between the masses who also want the DAC and those who could potentially get a more complete and well-finished streamer with the same money. It would be fantastic to have an excellent streamer for that amount, without necessarily going to bother the high end.

Back