What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

My TV's one of the old but iconic at the time Pioneers so I doubt it has this feature but as mentioned in the quote below

Whilst I can get myself in the position as mentioned above, due to room layout the other seating areas aren't and a centre is much easier to direct to give "a happy medium" option for all without moving them out of place for my stereo listening.

Certainly if you have the ideal room layout then no it's probably not necessary and whilst it's not an essential feature that some may find beneficial ........ just leave it off for those that don't require it.
Buy a fire tv stick or similar - they have it ;)

I’m

It is something to note with WiiM, they do appear to be able to take an existing model and upgrade it - presumably saving a bag of cash by using the old model as a starting point, rather than starting from scratch.

So when people say the Pro is great but the DAC isn’t good enough, we get the Pro Plus. When people say the Amp is great, but the amplification stage needs PFFB, we get the Amp Pro.

People say they like the Ultra, but would have like balanced outs…
What’s so special about PFFB?

It makes the amp less speaker load dependent, allowing it to comfortably drive a wider range of speaker impedances.
Isn’t the amp rated high dynamic power low impedance drive? 120 watt on 4 ohms which double from 8 tells you it has strong power supply.

Isn’t the amp rated high dynamic power low impedance drive? 120 watt on 4 ohms which double from 8 tells you it has strong power supply.

More to do with allowing a flatter FR and lower distortion across the audio band under varying loads.

What streamers are available which don’t have any DAC?
there are a few pure network streaming digital transports out there: (don't crucify me - i don't set the prices :LOL:)

- Lumin u2 and u2 mini (also the luxman models based on these)
- Holo Audio RED
- HiFi Rose RS130
- Aqua LinQ
- Aurender ACS100 (and many other models)
- Esoteric N-03T
- PS audio Airlens
- Taiko audio SGM extreme

they all seem to be in the high end - where many buyers are likely to have a preferred DAC i guess. but i agree with what others have said in this thread - the active speaker crowd is growing rapidly and tbh from what i can see - the lower end HiFi separates market is also gaining traction...

there is definitely a space in the market for a reasonably priced pure networked digital transport.

there are a few pure network streaming digital transports out there: (don't crucify me - i don't set the prices :LOL:)

- Lumin u2 and u2 mini (also the luxman models based on these)
- Holo Audio RED
- HiFi Rose RS130
- Aqua LinQ
- Aurender ACS100 (and many other models)
- Esoteric N-03T
- PS audio Airlens
- Taiko audio SGM extreme

they all seem to be in the high end - where many buyers are likely to have a preferred DAC i guess. but i agree with what others have said in this thread - the active speaker crowd is growing rapidly and tbh from what i can see - the lower end HiFi separates market is also gaining traction...

there is definitely a space in the market for a reasonably priced pure networked digital transport.

In a way, there’s not a lot of point.

Putting a cheap DAC in a product costs just a few £, it’s really not saving you a lot, and can be convenient even if you’re ultimately going to use an external DAC.

Back