What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

I would like to see a pure streamer without an analogue part, but with a good touch screen from a smartphone, not necessarily high resolution about 7", on which it would be convenient to control playback and presets, so that there would be no need to reach for a smartphone. Or with a simple matrix a screen that will display the name of a song or radio station large and on the body so that you can quickly select 10 presets. Perhaps it should look like a small 7"-8" tablet with an aluminum body with an adjustable angle, something like a Yoga Tablet. a tablet but with a streamer inside and that’s it. Wi:Fi, Ethernet for connecting to the network and an optical output and that’s it. Now there are a lot of active acoustics with digital inputs; they only need a digital streamer, there is no point in spending money on the analog part and analog connectors.
For example, pure digital streamer FiiO SR11
1719941430629.png

Hello everyone,

I'm searching infos for the Wiim Ultra and i find a new video but at the end, i found a picture.
Could you help me to know what is this wiim family ?

At 1min25sec, i see :

? / Wiim Amp / Wiim Amp / Wiim Ultra/ Wiim Mini / Wiim Remote / ? / Wiim Pro / Wiim pro +

Thank you :)

(Sorry for my english..)

Hello everyone,

I'm searching infos for the Wiim Ultra and i find a new video but at the end, i found a picture.
Could you help me to know what is this wiim family ?

At 1min25sec, i see :

? / Wiim Amp / Wiim Amp / Wiim Ultra/ Wiim Mini / Wiim Remote / ? / Wiim Pro / Wiim pro +

Thank you :)

(Sorry for my english..)
The first is for the CI (custom installation) market and is likely a version of the Pro or Plus

WiiM please roll out a CD player or Transport at a decent price please!! There is a big hole in the market as the cheapest new cd players start from $350 used or more plus very expensive shipping rates.. A very good competitively priced cd player or transport to pair with a Wim amp, Pro, Ultra etc would make some of our lives a lot happier and easier..

I really believe that as Cds are grabbing traction worldwide, this would be a good market opportunity.

WiiM please roll out a CD player or Transport at a decent price please!! There is a big hole in the market as the cheapest new cd players start from $350 used or more plus very expensive shipping rates.. A very good competitively priced cd player or transport to pair with a Wim amp, Pro, Ultra etc would make some of our lives a lot happier and easier..

I really believe that as Cds are grabbing traction worldwide, this would be a good market opportunity.
FYI Fosi is working on one...

FYI Fosi is working on one...

Or maybe not anymore, looking at the very limited feedback ... :)

The predictions for the future of the CD are not very optimistic, indeed. If one, like me, still owns a lot of CDs and for what ever reason likes the format and want to stay happy with it he or she should look at the 2nd hand market. Hardware AND software. It is still possible to get really good stuff for small money but the prices are increasing. Slowly, but steady. If one decides to stay solely with streaming he has not to care. But care is possibly not the core competence for streamers only.

The predictions for the future of the CD are not very optimistic, indeed. If one, like me, still owns a lot of CDs and for what ever reason likes the format and want to stay happy with it he or she should look at the 2nd hand market. Hardware AND software. It is still possible to get really good stuff for small money but the prices are increasing. Slowly, but steady. If one decides to stay solely with streaming he has not to care. But care is possibly not the core competence for streamers only.
Real time playing of CDs is problematic. There is no error correction built into the codec. When a player encounters an error it has no choice but to mute the sector or fill in.

If you rip a CD with EAC or dbpoweramp, you can guarantee a bit perfect result, which will remain perfect, even as you copy it from drive to drive. And no jitter.

Last edited:
Real time playing of CDsi is problematic. There is no error correction built into the codec. When a player encounters an error it has no choice but to mute rhe the sector or fill in.

If you rip a CD with EAC or dbpoweramp, you can guarantee a bit perfect result, which will remain perfect, even as you copy it from drive to drive. And no jitter.
Ripped CDs for decades. And never had a faulty error correction in my hardware players. Sometimes CDs are scratched or so and went straight to the bin. Today it is a question of convenience if I play the stored files or the CD.
And to be honest, bit perfectness or jitter (which shouldn't be a problem for decent today's gear) isn't really a quality sign for me. My targets are different. But anyway, thank you for your response.

Or maybe not anymore, looking at the very limited feedback ... :)
Or maybe still?

Or maybe still?

A little more activity over there, but still no clear picture what people would prefer, I guess.

For me, I'd be happy to see a well-made usb front-loader available in silver/white/black (with small remote). Lyrion can provide remote control and disc indexing. Perfect.

Ripped CDs for decades. And never had a faulty error correction in my hardware players. Sometimes CDs are scratched or so and went straight to the bin. Today it is a question of convenience if I play the stored files or the CD.
And to be honest, bit perfectness or jitter (which shouldn't be a problem for decent today's gear) isn't really a quality sign for me. My targets are different. But anyway, thank you for your response.
You bring up an interesting point. You never heard a fault on a CD unless it was so bad you considered it defective. That does not mean the player wasn’t silencing small defects.

There’s a lot of perfectionist BS in the audio hobby, but I think it’s reasonable to switch to newer technology when it adds value. Modern file formats, NTFS and such, eliminate copying and playback errors. And ripped files can be perfectly played with inexpensive equipment. So it’s a cost and convenience issue.

I understand there’s value in the process of handling objects. Books are nicer than Kindle.

When I was using Tidal I would sometimes buy second hand CDs if the version on Tidal sounded worse. An example would be "Even In The Quietest Moments - Supertramp". Not really a fan of most remasters.
I would still rip the CD as my CD player is in the loft 🤣

You bring up an interesting point. You never heard a fault on a CD unless it was so bad you considered it defective. That does not mean the player wasn’t silencing small defects.

There’s a lot of perfectionist BS in the audio hobby, but I think it’s reasonable to switch to newer technology when it adds value. Modern file formats, NTFS and such, eliminate copying and playback errors. And ripped files can be perfectly played with inexpensive equipment. So it’s a cost and convenience issue.

I understand there’s value in the process of handling objects. Books are nicer than Kindle.
My way is going backwards. Streaming and fluid music is only a nice side aspect for me. The targets for me are my old and new turntables and their surrounding stuff. Mechanics and electronics I can adjust, repair or tweak with some screw drivers, the circuit plan, a multimeter and a soldering iron. An old vinyl with a few cracks is nicer than the best measured, bit perfect or jitterless digital device. Let every man seek heaven in his own fashion.😉

My way is going backwards. Streaming and fluid music is only a nice side aspect for me. The targets for me are my old and new turntables and their surrounding stuff. Mechanics and electronics I can adjust, repair or tweak with some screw drivers, the circuit plan, a multimeter and a soldering iron. An old vinyl with a few cracks is nicer than the best measured, bit perfect or jitterless digital device. Let every man seek heaven in his own fashion.😉
I rip vinyl as well. Only my old vinyl though. I haven't bought new vinyl since the 80s.

Back