What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

I use the tablet app. The difference is like the difference between a CRT TV and an 85 inch TV.

There are dozens of ways to stream things, but it’s nice to have all services on one app, and no server required.

I also think it’s a major architectural innovation to have every device do its own streaming, while the app just initiates the transaction.
Some of the Sonos services, eg. BBC Sounds & Spotify are dreadful compared to the native apps.

Yeah. I doubt it would be easy for anyone taking on Sonos. For sure WiiM which are nowhere hardware speaker wise? Let alone the scaling pains for such a market. By the time any products are coming to market Sonos will have sorted out those app issues. Likely setting them up for next gen of hardware (not unreasonable pain/transition after being in the business for so many years with many active speakers of even first gen still functioning properly).

Personally the era100 look is a design mistake (probably functionally driven as it was designed to do surround sound/music better).

It should be decent sounding speakers, Sonos One design nailed it imo, WiiM full streaming/software functionality and undercutting the price by a bit as WiiM in the mass market is a unknown brand/beginner (so 150eur max?).

People here seem to think killing Sonos is an easy thing to do 😂

Some of the Sonos services, eg. BBC Sounds & Spotify are dreadful compared to the native apps.
If you set up Spotify playlists elsewhere, they show up on Sonos. When you have spouses and guests, it’s good to have one point and shoot app. I have lots of Sonos playlists that mix tracks from services and my local library.

Yeah. I doubt it would be easy for anyone taking on Sonos. For sure WiiM which are nowhere hardware speaker wise? Let alone the scaling pains for such a market. By the time any products are coming to market Sonos will have sorted out those app issues. Likely setting them up for next gen of hardware (not unreasonable pain/transition after being in the business for so many years with many active speakers of even first gen still functioning properly).

Personally the era100 look is a design mistake (probably functionally driven as it was designed to do surround sound/music better).

It should be decent sounding speakers, Sonos One design nailed it imo, WiiM full streaming/software functionality and undercutting the price by a bit as WiiM in the mass market is a unknown brand/beginner (so 150eur max?).

People here seem to think killing Sonos is an easy thing to do 😂
Killing them no but the business model of changing software and networking to make older products non functional is not very good imho
If they allowed the older devices to work like they did with S1 then I don’t have a problem but any product with no BLE is now listed by them as non supported but that’s by the way
I won’t be buying anymore but some will that’s the beauty of the free market 😊

Last edited:
Killing them no but the business model of changing software and networking to make older products non functional is not very good imho
If they allowed the older devices to work like they did with S1 then I don’t have a problem but any product with no BLM is now listed by them as non supported but that’s by the way
I won’t be buying anymore but some will that’s the beauty of the free market 😊
Implications

• These products will continue to work as they did before, but they will not receive new features or security updates.
  • If you have a multi-product system that includes unsupported devices and newer ones, the newer devices will not be able to take advantage of new features or updates.
  • Sonos offers a trade-in program and recycling options for these obsolete products.

I just want to say that Microsoft made possibly a billion PCs no longer supported, and crickets.

I just want to say that Microsoft made possibly a billion PCs no longer supported, and crickets.
Crickets? There was outrage when they excluded perfectly capable processors form Windows 11. The outrage will increase again when Windows 10 reaches end of life next year.

It is a standard pain for every small(er) player in IT. Compared to Oracle, Microsoft etc your life cycle is huge and your size compared to customers is not big enough to just push the next gen at the cost of your customer.

It is these type of things I have doubt WiiM should be willing to get into. A company like Sonos will kill you in the long run. The customers who are switching have these expectations 10 years from now (while buying now).

The HiFi audience is something else entirely imo. Who else is happy to buy the Ultra after the Pro Plus after the Pro after the Mini.

Does Sonos sell an Era100 and then come 1 year later with a 20eur more expensive version that does x,y,a?

Off course, now is the time to take X% of the sonos customer base and some of those multi-room audio enthusiasts might be pulled to the more HiFi direction. Not saying there isn't a time or opportunity.

It is a standard pain for every small(er) player in IT. Compared to Oracle, Microsoft etc your life cycle is huge and your size compared to customers is not big enough to just push the next gen at the cost of your customer.

It is these type of things I have doubt WiiM should be willing to get into. A company like Sonos will kill you in the long run. The customers who are switching have these expectations 10 years from now (while buying now).

The HiFi audience is something else entirely imo. Who else is happy to buy the Ultra after the Pro Plus after the Pro after the Mini.

Does Sonos sell an Era100 and then come 1 year later with a 20eur more expensive version that does x,y,a?

Off course, now is the time to take X% of the sonos customer base and some of those multi-room audio enthusiasts might be pulled to the more HiFi direction. Not saying there isn't a time or opportunity.
Multi-room audio is like multi-room air-conditioning. Or heating.

You get used to it, and it becomes a necessity.

I want a Speaker like Sonos One / Era 100 with Bluetooth, Line In, 5 Preset Buttons and a Remote.

As already pointed out by @Achim1811, WiiM gave us a not so subtle hint of what might be coming next ... ;)

Those wishing for a speaker or a soundbar might not get disappointed. However, I wonder why nobody jumped upon the subwoofer bandwagon, yet. So I will.

Yes, I'd be really interested in what WiiM engineers might come up with as a subwoofer. Would it support wireless operation and come with a transmitter dongle? Or would they rather make a totally stripped down version, fully relying on bass management being performed by the WiiM Amp, WiiM Ultra and WiiM Amp Pro? One size fits all or different models, of maybe even stackable for bigger rooms? Extra shallow form factor or more traditional looks?

As already pointed out by @Achim1811, WiiM gave us a not so subtle hint of what might be coming next ... ;)

Those wishing for a speaker or a soundbar might not get disappointed. However, I wonder why nobody jumped upon the subwoofer bandwagon, yet. So I will.

Yes, I'd be really interested in what WiiM engineers might come up with as a subwoofer. Would it support wireless operation and come with a transmitter dongle? Or would they rather make a totally stripped down version, fully relying on bass management being performed by the WiiM Amp, WiiM Ultra and WiiM Amp Pro? One size fits all or different models, of maybe even stackable for bigger rooms? Extra shallow form factor or more traditional looks?

This would definitely be very interesting to see.. The key winner point would be (besides price, build quality and medium to small size factor) would be a seemless integration to the rest of the streamers, specially the WiiM Amps and Ultra. Something like the quick connect from a Soundbar and its provided wireless Sub.

I would definitely get one of these..:D

Hi joentell, Team

I’d like to update you on the per-channel PEQ feature, which has now been released for Beta testing. We plan to make it available to the public within the next two weeks. Additionally, our room correction feature utilizes the per-channel PEQ to provide enhanced sound quality. Stay tuned for further updates!
This will be another blockbuster release to enhance what is already good on iOS. This will further make RC even better.

Surely you’ll have to replace your Amp with an Amp Pro. ;)
No, as this time ultra is end game for me as it can upgrade with better dac and able to use sub. The build in dac sounds good for most casual listeners but the most discriminating hard core audiophile,

A pre-amp stage with multiple digital and analog inputs including Phono, a sub out with bass management, hdmi arc, usb input, an upgraded dac and a streamer (of course) with AirPlay supported.

Back