What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

Ultra does NOT have USB in. The Ultra USB can only kinda/sorta read an external drive. It can't accept input from a computer source.
Oh ok, you meant USB in the way to hook it up as a DAC for a computer. I misunderstood.

You want this one, right?
IMG_5543.jpeg

Last edited:
Ultra does NOT have USB in. The Ultra USB can only kinda/sorta read an external drive. It can't accept input from a computer source.
USB on streaming are meant for storage or external dac. What are you trying to connect?

The Ultra is literally hundreds of pounds cheaper than the competition, and the competition isn’t as good.

You can buy a USB-to-optical converter for very little. You can buy an AirPlay device with digital out and feed the digital input with it.

Now would it be better if the Ultra could do all this without anything additional? Yes, of course.

But it doesn’t, so the option is the Ultra + one or two additional, cheap boxes, or something else costing far more.

The Ultra is literally hundreds of pounds cheaper than the competition, and the competition isn’t as good.

You can buy a USB-to-optical converter for very little. You can buy an AirPlay device with digital out and feed the digital input with it.

Now would it be better if the Ultra could do all this without anything additional? Yes, of course.

But it doesn’t, so the option is the Ultra + one or two additional, cheap boxes, or something else costing far more.
Totally agree. Its already unbelievable how much WiiM has managed to put into the Ultra for that very low price. If they should put even more in for the same price, it would have to decrease the quality on other parts. There is still no free lunch out there, even dough WiiM has made it doable for most musiclovers 👍🏻

Totally agree. Its already unbelievable how much WiiM has managed to put into the Ultra for that very low price. If they should put even more in for the same price, it would have to decrease the quality on other parts. There is still no free lunch out there, even dough WiiM has made it doable for most musiclovers 👍🏻
I read that node will get Dirac room correction you know how that goes not free. License is expensive.

USB on streaming are meant for storage or external dac. What are you trying to connect?

If Wiim is only interested in being a streaming platform so be it, but they are so close to being a decent preamp platform with streaming, it seems a shame to not raise the bar a little more. But it seems to me that the WiiM amp shows they are looking to be more than just another streamer.

If Wiim is only interested in being a streaming platform so be it, but they are so close to being a decent preamp platform with streaming, it seems a shame to not raise the bar a little more. But it seems to me that the WiiM amp shows they are looking to be more than just another streamer.
As with any business, they are targeting what the majority of people want and invest into those area. Many people have said that they want streamer only like ifi streamer but what wiim did was to develop streamer that include dac at higher performance and at same time it’s upgradeable for those who seek greater performance. Its win win situation who want simplicity and upgrade ability for audiophile.

As with any business, they are targeting what the majority of people want and invest into those area. Many people have said that they want streamer only like ifi streamer but what wiim did was to develop streamer that include dac at higher performance and at same time it’s upgradeable for those who seek greater performance. Its win win situation who want simplicity and upgrade ability for audiophile.

The pro plus can already do most of what the ultra can do minus the screen and the volume knob. I'm using one now with an external DAC and it sounds very fine but I feel no need to upgrade until I can put it all in one package and eliminate some cables and complexity ;-)

Getting back to the idea that Wiim has to target the wireless speaker market, such as Sonos, I think a killer product would be something like the Sonos Move 2, with wifi, bluetooth and that can seamlessly integrate with an existing ecosystem. I have a terrace with no roof so it would be an ideal solution for me. Inside the house it could act as a surround speaker and outside as a stand-alone wifi speaker or even bluetooth if Im leaving home.

Maybe a little smaller and lighter than the Sonos Move 2, but bigger and more robust than the Roam. This would be a hit.

Bass Management with HP and LP filters, in all appropriate products, or a separate "mini dsp" competitor product.....

Well that's your opinion and you're very welcome to keep it.

No, it’s not an opinion.

I have yet to see any reports that there are any issues with the Ultra reading an external drive, other than the odd one we get with any such device, such as long reading times for a large number of files.

Not opinion.

The pro plus can already do most of what the ultra can do minus the screen and the volume knob. I'm using one now with an external DAC and it sounds very fine but I feel no need to upgrade until I can put it all in one package and eliminate some cables and complexity ;-)

You forgot sub out and bass management.

You also forgot the phono input.

You also forgot the HDMI input.

You also forgot about the USB (strange, as we were just discussing it).

But that aside, yes.

Apart from the screen…

…the volume knob…

…subwoofer out…

…bass management…

…phono in…

…HDMI in…

…and the USB port…

…yes, apart from those, the Pro Plus and Ultra are pretty much identical.

Damn! I forgot the improved build quality.

:ROFLMAO:

Some day go very high end with an streaming integrated amp with screen. It should be at least 100 wpc into 8 ohms and 150-200 wpc into 4 ohms and contains the highest level of DAC chip available. For the vinyl folks an input for an external phono connection. A true high end, yet affordable Wiim all in one.

No, it’s not an opinion.

I have yet to see any reports that there are any issues with the Ultra reading an external drive, other than the odd one we get with any such device, such as long reading times for a large number of files.

Not opinion.
I don't argue with fanboys...waste of my time. This will be my last reply to you.

I think you’re wasting your time collecting countless songs you won’t able to listen aside from few songs you really like.

Back