What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

I'd love to see Wiim produce a nice aluminium remote in the same colors as the Wiim Ultra. I'd buy a silver one.

You need a Pro Plus to complete the collection ;)
I have the ultra connected to 450 mono block. The sound is great till I get board or getting the itch that I may use external dac to see how it fair. I’m happy with the sound.

King Steve, what amp and speaker are you going to use on your ultra?

Emperor Smart, I have a Topping PA5ii and a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 12.1s. Sub duties are to be handled by a BK XLS200DF, though I might change that sub later on.

On the headphone front I have a Topping EX5 DAC/headphone amp, which I’ll initially be feeding from my WiiM Mini, using several headphones, including a pair of Sennheiser HD600s.

That's easy. A dedicated power amp that's the same form factor as the WiiM Ultra so you could create a stack. Probably class D with PFFB. It would need more power than the WiiM Amp Pro.

Down the line, a 16-channel AVR or pre-pro would be awesome, but you would need to make sure your room correction is top notch.
Yeah it is a bit odd that the ultra doesn’t fit with the amp’s dimensions and design. I wouldn’t doubt a power amp is in the works that would better complement the ultra and also doesn’t duplicate any of the ultra’s functions.

Yeah it is a bit odd that the ultra doesn’t fit with the amp’s dimensions and design. I wouldn’t doubt a power amp is in the works that would better complement the ultra and also doesn’t duplicate any of the ultra’s functions.

Some request bigger screen, more in/out etc for which the Ultra dimensions don't look to have the space.

Maybe time to widen and then "standardise" the width/height on the next streamer/preamp/amp/box..

No, also add I2S. For those, who got a superb DAC.
I2S has no standard pin-layout, so there is no guarantee that connecting two products with I2S from different manufacturers will work. Some use PS Audio’s pin-layout, but many choose their own.

AES/EBU in a standard with XLR-plug, and is universal no matter wich manufacturer 👍🏻

Could you also solve this on new products?

I've spent the last couple of hours retesting what was previously a poor combination - ultra analog out into smsl sh9 headphone amp.
The recess around the rca jacks were too small to fit my Nordost analog interconnects.
A power drill here, a grinding tool there, and the tiny holes in the aluminium case are now big enough to fit them.

Could you also solve this on new products?
This problem was first identified on the Pro, and as I understand it was fixed for the Pro Plus (I've not got a Plus to confirm that).
I was therefore quite surprised to see it repeated on the Ultra.

Very new to the WiiM products here. Only two days in with my Ultra and I love it as the centre of my hifi setup. We currently have an aging DAB Radio in the kitchen which gets daily use.

I'd love to see WiiM do a compact but 'decent-enough' sounding all-in-one to replace our Radio. A decent compact two-way speaker system, touch-screen (a'la Ultra), preset buttons (very important, don't want to have to rummage around on a touchscreen to just flick on the radio). Alexa would be nice too if possible.

Built-in Tidal, Spotify, Bluetooth, all the other stuff the Ultra can do. Internet Radio etc...

Very new to the WiiM products here. Only two days in with my Ultra and I love it as the centre of my hifi setup. We currently have an aging DAB Radio in the kitchen which gets daily use.

I'd love to see WiiM do a compact but 'decent-enough' sounding all-in-one to replace our Radio. A decent compact two-way speaker system, touch-screen (a'la Ultra), preset buttons (very important, don't want to have to rummage around on a touchscreen to just flick on the radio). Alexa would be nice too if possible.

Built-in Tidal, Spotify, Bluetooth, all the other stuff the Ultra can do. Internet Radio etc...

I have a Denon M39 in kitchen living area with a WiiM Pro which gets much the same use as your radio by all accounts, if it ever broke as I already have the Pro I'd replace it with a Fosi Audio ZA3 using the trigger out on the Pro and preset the radio stations so you can just press one button on the remote.
I also have an Echo Dot and have set the WiiM as my preferred speaker for anything music related so I can just ask Alexa to play whatever I want and it comes through the stereo, would be better with the Pro / ZA3 setup as wouldn't even have to find the remote to turn the stereo on.

This has probably been said before but what I want is an Ultra with USB input and it must have airplay support. Until this happens none of the new WiiM offerings are of any interest to me.

This has probably been said before but what I want is an Ultra with USB input and it must have airplay support. Until this happens none of the new WiiM offerings are of any interest to me.
The Ultra already has a USB-input, so you are only missing AirPlay then 👍🏻

Back