What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

Yeah Rose 150b screen would be fine, but not the 5.000$ asking-price here in Norway.

I dont think they will wear out on the 5 hours a day the TV is on. Still crystal clear 😉

But TV-talk is off topic - back to future WiiM-products 👍🏻

Some LED's in my monitor have gone blue, and I've hardly used it.

It's a samsung

I'd like to see a WiiM Ultra 2, wider/full size, full front screen, no volume knob, or central ONE, with HIGH quality potentiometer, or rotary decoder, must FEEL right. Small LED light behind the glass to show standby mode / power on. stereo VU options, with a community submitted themes. ALL device options available via the app, not split between app and touch screen (as present on WiiM Ultra).

Also like the concept of the old Logitech Transporter with the two screens, I want a serious looking component, if that can be done at a fair price (£699).

20240814_144410.jpg

Last edited:
I still would like to see a beefier Wiim Amp, not counting the Amp Pro, as I've not heard enough about it to make a judgment, but something that is more comparable to my class a/b amps. Until then, my Wiim Amp as much as I love it, will only ever be a second system amplifier.

I still would like to see a beefier Wiim Amp, not counting the Amp Pro, as I've not heard enough about it to make a judgment, but something that is more comparable to my class a/b amps. Until then, my Wiim Amp as much as I love it, will only ever be a second system amplifier.
How beefy would it need to be to make it comparable to your class AB amps then?

100W should be plenty, real sustained output not the hypex "peak" amount
That wouldn't be much louder than 60W. The main reason for lack of volume is that the amp has been designed to never clip with full scale signal. If your signal isn't full scale or replaygain is being used you can never even get close to the rated 60W.

It's not about wattage, but how it sounds, even my 40w class a/b (I have a few) has a larger sound than the WiiM amp.

More bass (without needing a sub), more precise treble, more volume, etc..

Wattage is not the important number.

As hinted at the Munich Show WiiM may well release a further amp later this year (or early next) combining the Amp Pro and Ultra (more likely to be called the Amp Ultra I’d guess rather than Amp Pro Plus) with hopefully more power akin to the 110w CI version of the Amp that was mooted a year ago.
Post in thread 'Ultra and amp pro and prices..'
https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/ultra-and-amp-pro-and-prices.3485/post-52251

I'd like to see a WiiM Ultra 2, wider/full size, full front screen, no volume knob. Small LED light behind the glass to show standby mode / power on. stereo VU options, with a community submitted themes. ALL device options available via the app, not split between app and touch screen (as present on WiiM Ultra).

Also like the concept of the old Logitech Transporter with the two screens, I want a serious looking component, if that can be done at a fair price (£699).

View attachment 10394
With a chassis that size, it could be a dual-monoblock Class D amp

With a chassis that size, it could be a dual-monoblock Class D amp
Yes a true flagship product, though with balanced pre outputs, though I use powered speakers now (Kali IN-8), a combination of everything they have created so far taken to the next level
👌

I know I expect too much probably. I want to see WiiM expand to suceeed further, they've become a household name in my setup.

I would like to see in the Wiim Home App the ability to change the interface color from Green to other colors. That would be really cool))

For amp products, I wonder if they couldn't move into a second market by doing something PURIFI/Hypex based.

It goes against affordability approach they currently have but they should keep the TI amp chip approach for budget amp and could do a higher cost version with PURIFI. I guess this should still be possible seeing WiiM cost efficiency at <1500EUR?

Integrated boxes with streamer/dac/amp all in one still sell fairly well in that higher price class. We are not yet necessary talking all separates.

This also gives some differentiation between secondary listening positions and more expensive main tv/listening positioning.

So I have been hating a bit on WiiM for not being fully transparent with AirPlay on Ultra. However now that I have been using it I find it to be so much more stable and responsive over distance and over a sometimes overloaded Google mesh compared to Sonos so that I will probably sell most or all Sonos units and get WiiM instead. For the bigger livingrooms where I have a stereo setup and subwoofers(s) I will get an WiiM amp but for bathrooms and bedrooms where I have a Sonos One or a IKEA Symfonisk (also Sonos) I would like to get something from WiiM. Please make something that matches or beats IKEA Symfonisk at the same price point or lower. It does have room correction and dual amp and it actually sounds very decent when playing at low volumes. The Sonos loudness works superbly (again at lower volumes). Thanks

If we are allowed to dream here, I'd love to have a kind of WiiM Matrix Streamer™️.

Like a WiiM Pro, but with six discrete outputs and six triggers. The device would expose six AirPlay targets.
I would not mind being able to have a miximum number of concurrent streams though, like two or three.

I've read about the upcoming (when ?) CI series but it looks like it's architectured as multiple devices inside the same chassis. Right ?

Now that Bluesound has announced their Nano streamer, I think it's time for another simplified product. Maybe a streamer transport with only COAX and USB output? My preference would be to have two USB ports. One to play music from a USB storage device and another for digital output.

I'd buy the WiiM Ultra but I really only need USB digital output. I don't need touch screen display, HDMI-arc or et cetera. I think a dedicated streamer transport would really corner and secure a decent part of the market segment.

Back