What products you'd like to see WiiM produce?

Ich würde gerne ein Streaming-Laufwerk mit hochwertigen Linearnetzteil (vielleicht in Zusammenarbeit mit Lhy Audio) unf nur mit digitalen Ausgängen sehen. Vielleicht sogar mit 2 Coax-Ausgängen um 4 Kanäle bedienen zu können.

Front R/L und 2x Subwoofer. Wandeln tut dann externe DACs.

A Wiim mini with cheap mono amp so that it can be put inside or beside any normal (bookshelf) speaker to compete with Sonos one or IKEA symfonisk. WIIM will still make money even if they sell it at say 80 Euros. IKEA sold the symfonisk for 99€ in the beginning and it includes room correction, two power amps, AND a speaker. Image the reduced cost of shipping a mini (amp) vs a symfonisk and not having to pay for the box and tweeter woofer.

New video from Darko, and he points out what I have been saying the whole time:
An HDMI-output for a playscreen is a much better solution than a small touchscreen standing in the rack 2-4 meters from You.

The only wishes for upgrading my Pro are that HDMI-output, a aluminium-casing and internal powersupply ⭐

Last edited:
New video from Darko, and he points out what I have been saying the whole time:
An HDMI-output for a playscreen is a much better solution than a small touchscreen standing in the rack 2-4 meters from You.

The only wishes for upgrading my Pro are that HDMI-output, a aluminium-casing and internal powersupply ⭐

Yes he definitely has a point, as a WiiM Amp user I don´t miss any screen however the HDMI out feature to TV screen Now playing would be a nice to have.. not sure if that can be achieved through a software update though.

Yes he definitely has a point, as a WiiM Amp user I don´t miss any screen however the HDMI out feature to TV screen Now playing would be a nice to have.. not sure if that can be achieved through a software update though.
It would be a fairly large waste of power just to show a now playing screen.

It would be a fairly large waste of power just to show a now playing screen.
The Sony UBP-X800m2 using a maximum of 15watts working with 4K-material and Atmos-soundtracks. So a playscreen for coverart etc cant be more than max 5 watts..

But HDMI ARC is only a audio-input, so pretty sure its impossible to make it an output.

Last edited:

It would have to be HDMI (e)ARC and HDMI out for now playing. Separate hdmi cables. I doubt a single connection would be technically possible but we shouldn't be required to switch cables between a TV and a display in the reading/listening nook for example a few metres away. (yes that's how my living space is organised 😅 flee away from that TV...).

The entire point of this feature is the ability for customers to choose how and how big to display. A TV, a tablet, a pc display... and no screen at all a.k.a. just don't use it. The ability to not use will appeal to the "no screen lovers" more than the build in Ultra as well.

The Sony UBP-X800m2 using a maximum of 15watts working with 4K-material and Atmos-soundtracks. So a playscreen for coverart etc cant be more than max 5 watts..

But HDMI ARC is only a audio-input, so pretty sure its impossible to make it an output.
Isn't that a Blu-ray player? You still need aTV.

It will use more power than that. Plus why would I wear out my oled, screen burn risk as well?

power usage of 65" oled is 100W-200W

Isn't that a Blu-ray player? You still need aTV.
Yeah, its a Blu-ray player. You said it was waste of the WiiM Amps power if it had to use some of it to show a playscreen via HDMI-output.

But you meant the TVs power? The TV is always powered on anyway. Only a microscopic part of the electrical bill.

Yeah, its a Blu-ray player. You said it was waste of the WiiM Amps power if it had to use some of it to show a playscreen via HDMI-output.

But you meant the TVs power? The TV is always powered on anyway. Only a microscopic part of the electrical bill.
A TV isn't normally always powered on and can easily be 200W for a large screen OLED when it is on. That isn't a microscopic part of the electrical bill.

How about an updated set of manuals and a check for update button that actually checks for the latest version of firmware and installs it!

Buy a plugin power usage block plug it in line with the OLED, and watch a 4K UHD HDR movie.

Come back with power usage, and look up a few countries watt per hour.

Having a OLED on 24/7 is nuts, not only wasting power, but wearing out the TV, and useless amount of draw on national grid.

A TV isn't normally always powered on and can easily be 200W for a large screen OLED when it is on. That isn't a microscopic part of the electrical bill.
Ok I dont have a OLED, so maybe their powerconsumption are high. Only have a two year old 65’’ Samsung 80-series QLED.

But anyway, just because some users dont want to see a playscreen doesnt mean that a future streamer can’t support it.

I see no need for a built-in-screen, phono- and line-input - but if my Pro dies, i will still buy the Ultra. WiiM cant customize a streamer to fit everybodys opinion - thats impossible.

Ok I dont have a OLED, so maybe their powerconsumption are high. Only have a two year old 65’’ Samsung 80-series QLED.

But anyway, just because some users dont want to see a playscreen doesnt mean that a future streamer can’t support it.

I see no need for a built-in-screen, phono- and line-input - but if my Pro dies, i will still buy the Ultra. WiiM cant customize a streamer to fit everybodys opinion - thats impossible.

A screen like the Rose is ideal, big enough, and whole width of a full size component.

It's plenty big enough and not needing an external screen

Not mentioning the price lol

Oh you're wearing out your LED's . Have they gone blue/purple yet? ;)

A screen like the Rose is ideal, big enough, and whole width of a full size component.

It's plenty big enough and not needing an external screen

Not mentioning the price lol

Oh you're wearing out your LED's . Have they gone blue/purple yet? ;)
Yeah Rose 150b screen would be fine, but not the 5.000$ asking-price here in Norway.

I dont think they will wear out on the 5 hours a day the TV is on. Still crystal clear 😉

But TV-talk is off topic - back to future WiiM-products 👍🏻

Back