WIIM amp compared to Sonos Amp, Bluesound Powernode, Volumio Integro

Having used WiiM for nearly 3 months, I can cleary tell, that it has some nice features which my previous Sonos Amp was missing, BUT: The stability of the WiiM is lousy. Lost connections with the router, lost presets, lost connection with the iPad. Have to restart the WiiM Amp alt least every 3 days.

BUT: The stability of the WiiM is lousy. Lost connections with the router, lost presets, lost connection with the iPad. Have to restart the WiiM Amp alt least every 3 days.
Were you running it over WiFi?
If you consider the sales volumes I've not seen too many issues, but WiFi performance and the onboard media server (USB connectivity) stand out.

Were you running it over WiFi?
If you consider the sales volumes I've not seen too many issues, but WiFi performance and the onboard media server (USB connectivity) stand out.
Problems with WiFi and Ethernet!

Still there are those who don't experience "lousy stability".

Not even discussing WiFi issues, Ethernet should be rock solid. If it is not and the Amp is still under warranty, complain to your dealer.

Did you ever file a ticket through the WiiM Home app?

I have been using the WiiM amp for 3 months and have never had a music interruption. My amp is connected to the router with a 15m LAN cable.

I agree with @harkpabst. Also, you may need to look into other causes of the problem besides amp.

Having used WiiM for nearly 3 months, I can cleary tell, that it has some nice features which my previous Sonos Amp was missing, BUT: The stability of the WiiM is lousy. Lost connections with the router, lost presets, lost connection with the iPad. Have to restart the WiiM Amp alt least every 3 days.
Hi RogerXmas,

Please submit a ticket so we can follow up with your issues immediately. If the hardware is defective, we'll send you a replacement unit. Thank you!

Currently i also have a Wiim Mini and also problems with the connection. I stream via my Iphone to the Wiim Mini but mostly the song won't start right away or it drops out. Can't test with ethernet because the Wiim Mini only has wifi. I hope there will be no such problems with the Wiim Ultra.

I used wifi? Tidal connect but also Tidal in the Wiim app itself.
If it's Tidal Connect then you are technically not streaming via your iPhone. The phone is just a remote in this case. This is very much different from using AirPlay or Bluetooth and might be important for fault finding. It's the WiiM Mini directly communicating with Tidal's servers.

Back