WiiM Amp

A rack is just a shelf unless there is a way to secure the device onto it (screws, brackets, etc). Being so light, it can move around a lot. Plus I don’t think many people are using rack mounted equipment in their homes these days. But if you could mount it behind a TV or on the wall behind a couch or credenza, you could really take advantage of the small size to create a neat install.

I'm also interested in wall mounting, but I think you can probably use a general-purpose hook like this. 🙂

1000003456.jpg

As far as the rendering is concerned, there are no screw holes on the bottom of the AMP.

It is also unclear whether exhaust heat during vertical placement is taken into account.

I'm also interested in wall mounting, but I think you can probably use a general-purpose hook like this. 🙂

View attachment 2521

As far as the rendering is concerned, there are no screw holes on the bottom of the AMP.

It is also unclear whether exhaust heat during vertical placement is taken into account.
Sure, where there is will there is a way. You can mount anything if you are handy and willing to put the time in. But since they are asking for a wish list, a custom mounting solution would be on mine.

You're right. The class-D amplifier chip is TPA3255.
It's an excellent choice, I believe it's the best one.
If I can suggest one thing, but perhaps it's too late because I imagine the project has already been frozen, it's to purchase a Fosi V3 and an Aiyima A07 to understand the difference in sound based on the type of output filter.

If possible, try to power the 3255 at 48V. It's not that compared to the standard 32V, it changes overnight, but the improvement is still noticeable even at low power."

Ok - given that the Aiyima A07 is ~$80 & Fosi Audio BT20A Pro is ~$90 both run around $100, what are the chances Wiim offers this around $325 and later, a higher SINAD amp, USB out, balanced out, and a few more PEQ bands for $425-$475? (a guy can dream, right?)

Maybe I missed the specific post: it is known which is the type of DAC that will be present in the Wiim Amp? The TI PCM5121 we find in the Mini/Pro or the AKM 4493SEQ now in the Pro Plus?

Maybe I missed the specific post: it is known which is the type of DAC that will be present in the Wiim Amp? The TI PCM5121 we find in the Mini/Pro or the AKM 4493SEQ now in the Pro Plus?
Yeah, it‘s been said that the WiiM Amp is an evolution of the Pro Plus so will share its DAC.

Is the volume control in the digital domain or is it analog? I'm old-fashioned and like a volume knob, so thanks for that.
That's not as silly a question as it first sounded!
The streamer part would, presumably, be able to have fixed / variable (digital) volume, just like the pro plus.
But there's also a big knob on the front of the amp, which surely is a volume control, and would surely be for the amp section... ?

That's not as silly a question as it first sounded!
The streamer part would, presumably, be able to have fixed / variable (digital) volume, just like the pro plus.
But there's also a big knob on the front of the amp, which surely is a volume control, and would surely be for the amp section... ?
Could be either - my Linn amp has a volume control but the changes are all done in the digital domain.

Could be either - my Linn amp has a volume control but the changes are all done in the digital domain.
Yes, but isn't that 'cos your linn converts all inputs to digital?

In my head I literally have a picture of a pro plus dropped inside the amp casing ;)
i.e. the plus's analog out into the amp stage.
But it's probably not like that at all!

Back