WiiM Amp

I have a powered sub for each side...L & R. I am trying to figure out how I could hook them into this amp. Right now on my Marantz amp I have them hooked to the B speaker terminals. I guess I could run the mains from the subs, but would not using the sub out hinder the sound?

I have a powered sub for each side...L & R. I am trying to figure out how I could hook them into this amp. Right now on my Marantz amp I have them hooked to the B speaker terminals. I guess I could run the mains from the subs, but would not using the sub out hinder the sound?
Hi goodmore,

You can utilize an AUX splitter cable to connect to both of your subwoofers. Alternatively, you have the option of connecting another WiiM device to your second subwoofer. By grouping them together, they will play in sync. Essentially, you can transform your subwoofer into a wireless one using a WiiM device and freely group it with any speakers.

Run a Y rca splitter.

Will the power output have an adjustable hi pass filter, in order to well coupling with the sub woofer output?
Since amps with sub out, usually miss such fundamental feature, it would be a game changer and I'll buy one for sure...
Hi Merifon,

Once the sub-out is connected, you have the ability to set the cut-off frequency. This adjustment will subsequently impact the powered output to align with the chosen cut-off frequency. Thank you!

Is this really correct? Right now I see an iec320 figure8 Jack, which is indeed a mains level cord. But, assuming this is class d amp with all the streaming stuff, did you also manage to stuff a full power supply into it? Or, should it be a DC barrel type connector?
It's 100~240v AC power input.

Hi Wiimer,

Thanks for your feedback.

Regarding your comments about 'volume knob', we can't use the touch buttons like we do with our other devices because the device case is aluminum. The volume knob serves a dual purpose, allowing you to control the volume by turning it and to play or pause by tapping it.
Plus very stylish retro

Please, let this have a comprehensive Bass management and 100watt 4ohms…. I’m very excited for this product. Dirac or any room correction would be a dream…

Hi Merifon,

Once the sub-out is connected, you have the ability to set the cut-off frequency. This adjustment will subsequently impact the powered output to align with the chosen cut-off frequency. Thank you!

WiiM Support,

Will the sub-out also have distance and level adjustment capabilities?

Will there be any video lip sync issues if the HDMI or optical input is connected to a TV for audio from video content?

A general comment - it would be nice if the WiiM Amp (and Pre-amp, if you ever make such a product :)) had multiple HDMI inputs and an output, as well as multiple optical and/or coax inputs to provide more source connection options.

WiiM Support,

Will the sub-out also have distance and level adjustment capabilities?

Will there be any video lip sync issues if the HDMI or optical input is connected to a TV for audio from video content?

A general comment - it would be nice if the WiiM Amp (and Pre-amp, if you ever make such a product :)) had multiple HDMI inputs and an output, as well as multiple optical and/or coax inputs to provide more source connection options.
Hi ADS2434,

I can confirm that the level is adjustable. I'll need to verify whether the distance setting can be modified as well. We might incorporate this feature in a future software update if it can't.

As for A/V sync, rest assured, there are no issues with either HDMI or optical input.

Your insights on multiple source inputs have been well noted.

Nice to see a separate thread for the Colour options.

Also, indicate the internal components or power of the Amp, DAC to be expected .....etc

I really think this amp will be a hit. Especially if it incorporates bass management so that it can send the bass frequencies only to the subwoofer and the mid/high frequencies to the main speakers. This characteristic is not even present by the big brands. Likewise, the digital domain of the Wiim Pro Plus ensures quality in the processing of the source. If the power of this equipment is around 80 watts per channel in 8 ohms, it will surely be a sales success.

Hope this to be Class D and based on my priority, listed the modules to be seen in it.

1. Hypex NCore
2. Purifii
3. TI TPA 3XXX
The chassis is way too small to fill any nCore (NC-MP or separated module) or Purifi modules + SMPS. ;)

Reactions: SiR
It looks quite compact - it would be nice if it could wal–mount, with directly or with a bracket. That would align with the trend of moving A/V into the main living area, where tidy and compact installations are important.

Also, I would like to see support for Wifi 6E and even the early 7 spec if you can. 95% of streaming is happening wirelessly so a successful streamer should really focus on providing the best possible wireless performance and the 6Ghz band is mostly interference-free right now. It would help future-proof the product, such a shame to have have all this capability and not get the best possible wireless streaming performance.

Please don’t take away the Coax Out!

I assume that this will carry a Class D amp. Will it be Infineon, ICE or something better?

Back