WiiM Amp

Is there going to be a remote control for the amp or can the streamer control be used? Or is it App only?

Will the power output have an adjustable hi pass filter, in order to well coupling with the sub woofer output?
Since amps with sub out, usually miss such fundamental feature, it would be a game changer and I'll buy one for sure...

Last edited:
Will the power output have an adjustable hi pass filter, in order to well coupling with the sub woofer output?
Since amps with sub out, usually miss such fundamental feature, it would be a game changer and I'll buy one for sure...
It says that high pass and low pass will be available in the future.

"High Pass and Low Pass Filters: (Will be supported in the future) Eliminate frequencies above or below a selected point."

"High Pass and Low Pass Filters: (Will be supported in the future) Eliminate frequencies above or below a selected point."
I didn't mean part of PEQ but separate filters on specific outputs, low pass on woofer output and hi pass on amp side.
Probably PEQ wiil affect overall response in not separate ways and that's not what is needed for sub woofer use.

I didn't mean part of PEQ but separate filters on specific outputs, low pass on woofer output and hi pass on amp side.
Probably PEQ wiil affect overall response in not separate ways and that's not what is needed for sub woofer use.
I think this PEQ is planned for subwoofer output in the future. So, in my opinion, the low pass can be applied to the sub out (or the RCA out of the Wiim Pro), and the high pass can be applied to the speaker out (or the digital out of the WiiM Pro).

Edit:
If not, There is no point in adding high and low passes to the PEQ.

Last edited:
When it will get release?
They've said Q4- so between October and December in theory. These dates can slip, and I wouldn't be surprised if stock arrives in the US before reaching other territories. If it arrives in Europe this year I'll be surprised (and delighted).

I think the point is that it is a one box (plus speakers) minimalist offering. It will appeal to a lot of people because of this.
Given the proliferation of good quality active speakers (and subs) of various dimensions in the marketplace, I think WiiM has a product opportunity for a streamer/DAC/preamp with a physical volume knob and a sub-out. Retaining the multiroom capabilities of their existing products but foregoing the analog-in stuff.

It has a voice remote like the WiiM Pro Plus. You can also use the current voice remote to pair with it. Thank you!
Please, please, please provide an open and very rich API such that it can be easily integrated with and controlled by home automation solutions like Home Assistant. And across your whole product line, of course, not just the amp.

If @onlyoneme hasn't already provided a wish list, I'm sure he'll be happy to do so. :)

Given the proliferation of good quality active speakers (and subs) of various dimensions in the marketplace, I think WiiM has a product opportunity for a streamer/DAC/preamp with a physical volume knob and a sub-out. Retaining the multiroom capabilities of their existing products but foregoing the analog-in stuff.
Totally. I have a system where a " WiiM Pre-Amp" could slot in nicely (and another where a WiiM amp with USB_in would work perfectly).

Totally. I have a system where a " WiiM Pre-Amp" could slot in nicely (and another where a WiiM amp with USB_in would work perfectly).
As do I. A couple in fact. One is a set of bedroom monitors where a choice between remote and knob-on-device would be ideal, and the other a desktop audio system where just a volume knob would work best. Obviously volume control should occur in the post-DAC analog domain. Both setups have active speakers with amps well-matched to the speakers. It would be good to have at least 2 or 3 switchable inputs for digital media. Now give me that and Qobuz Connect, and I'll be a very happy camper. :)

I have to think there are LOTS of people in the same boat!

Hi Smartplug, Team

We're excited to announce our upcoming product, the WiiM AMP! Scheduled for public release in Q4 this year, it's sure to impress. Here are some sneak-peek pictures to whet your appetite. Cheers!

View attachment 1930
View attachment 1931
Nice looking HDMI, possibly the USB would allow the ability to stream from a music library on a disk? A Pre-out to connect a Zone 2 amp would be pretty sweet. I will likely buy one or two.

possibly the USB would allow the ability to stream from a music library on a disk
I think so, as Wiim already stated "the USB now functions as a host for connecting disk storage, rather than for a USB DAC".
Although many seem to be hoping that the usb port can be turned into an output via a fireware upgrade.

I think so, as Wiim already stated "the USB now functions as a host for connecting disk storage, rather than for a USB DAC".
Although many seem to be hoping that the usb port can be turned into an output via a fireware upgrade.
Bluesound node has a function that can turn usb into in or out. It was the most requested feature user ask for. If wiim can give a choice on usb via firmware update, I will buy it as soon it become available on Amazon.

Sorry for the misleading power socket silkscreen. It should be AC power input with 100~240v. Thanks for pointing this out.
Is this really correct? Right now I see an iec320 figure8 Jack, which is indeed a mains level cord. But, assuming this is class d amp with all the streaming stuff, did you also manage to stuff a full power supply into it? Or, should it be a DC barrel type connector?

we can imagine that the product is sufficiently successful to just indicate the on-board amplification option? and if the same base dac as the pro plus?
;-)

Back