WiiM Amp

It can do white, and the other colors don't look like "simple" LEDs, so I think it's an RGB LED, and if I were a bit less lazy, I'd open a feature request to make it configurable ;p

Thanks for making this clear. Officially, Denon only ever sold the bundle. But Hi-Fi Klubben - being the major player they are - might have had a separate deal or might have sold the speakers separately.

After all, Peter Lyngdorf is the founder of Dali and of Hi-Fi Klubben (plus a number of other companies like the self-named Lyngdorf and Steinway-Lyngdorf and NAD, to name just a few )

seems to be sold (maybe at the end of the product's life or end of stock etc.) also without speakers in France...
;-)

I just got my WiiM amp and am trying it out in the bedroom system. I was previously running an Apple TV into an SMSL SU-9 DAC and 40W tube amp. The DAC doubled as a volume control so I wasn't using a preamp. I'm repurposing the SU-9 and amp.

So what's the best way to hookup an Apple TV with the WiiM amp. The TV has HDMI eARC and optical out. Right now I have the Apple TV HDMI out into the TV and am running the optical out from the TV into the WiiM. To switch between TV and music on the WiiM app I have to dig a few clicks into the menu to change audio inputs. Is this best practice given my parameters, or is there something slicker?

I just got my WiiM amp and am trying it out in the bedroom system. I was previously running an Apple TV into an SMSL SU-9 DAC and 40W tube amp. The DAC doubled as a volume control so I wasn't using a preamp. I'm repurposing the SU-9 and amp.

So what's the best way to hookup an Apple TV with the WiiM amp. The TV has HDMI eARC and optical out. Right now I have the Apple TV HDMI out into the TV and am running the optical out from the TV into the WiiM. To switch between TV and music on the WiiM app I have to dig a few clicks into the menu to change audio inputs. Is this best practice given my parameters, or is there something slicker?
When you turn on auto-sensing for WiiM amp, does it automatically switch inputs?

When you turn on auto-sensing for WiiM amp, does it automatically switch inputs?
Ah, yes it does! I set it to WiFi for music. Shut down the app, shut down the amp. I then turned the amp back on, waited for the connect chime, turned on the app and it still said WiFi. Then I selected Netflix on the Apple TV and the app came on, but without the normal Netflix bong. The WiiM app still said WiFi. But by the time I had selected something to watch it had switched to optical and I was getting Apple TV sound. Nice.

I read a rumor that the RCA inputs can be switch to preamp outs? Is that true?

Ah, yes it does! I set it to WiFi for music. Shut down the app, shut down the amp. I then turned the amp back on, waited for the connect chime, turned on the app and it still said WiFi. Then I selected Netflix on the Apple TV and the app came on, but without the normal Netflix bong. The WiiM app still said WiFi. But by the time I had selected something to watch it had switched to optical and I was getting Apple TV sound. Nice.

I read a rumor that the RCA inputs can be switch to preamp outs? Is that true?
I don't have a WiiM amp, but auto-sensing may not be perfect yet.

Even if you connect the WiiM amp to the ARC of your TV, it will switch automatically when you turn on the auto-sensing of the optical input. You might want to give it a try. 😉

I don't have a WiiM amp, but auto-sensing may not be perfect yet.

Even if you connect the WiiM amp to the ARC of your TV, it will switch automatically when you turn on the auto-sensing of the optical input. You might want to give it a try. 😉
But then how do I get Apple TV on my tv. Would I plug the Apple TV hdmi into the regular hdmi on the tv, then the hdmi eArc into the WiiM amp for sound? I’m not sure how HDMI arc works. Is it hdmi out?

Nvm…got it!

Last edited:
This thing is giving me a headache.

Streaming YouTube Music over WiFi buffers between each song. Haven't had this issue on any other devices on my network. Also general connectivity issues. Any suggestions?

When you say buffer, do you mean that there are gaps between songs? If you are using Chromecast (Googlecast) with YTM, you will not be able to play gaplessly.

I wanted to try just pairing my phone with Bluetooth to play that way, but I have no clue how. I've searched to no avail. Is this possible, or can the Amp only output to a Bluetooth speaker/headphones?

You can. After switching the input of the Wiim app to Bluetooth, pair the WiiM in the Bluetooth settings of the phone. Bluetooth allows for gapless playback of YTM.

I toggled between my 2.4 and 5 wifi networks (which are set up separately) to see if that helped buffering. Apparently the only way to change networks is to hold the button on the amp to enter set up? Why??

Hoping most of this is user error and I just suck at searching.
Yes, the only way to change the SSID of your Wi-Fi is to reset it.

But then how do I get Apple TV on my tv. Would I plug the Apple TV hdmi into the regular hdmi on the tv, then the hdmi eArc into the WiiM amp for sound? I’m not sure how HDMI arc works. Is it hdmi out?
You right.
With ARC, all audio from the TV is played by the WiiM.

However, if you change the way you connect, you may need to change the settings on your Apple TV or TV. That may be a little troublesome.

When you say buffer, do you mean that there are gaps between songs? If you are using Chromecast (Googlecast) with YTM, you will not be able to play gaplessly.

You can. After switching the input of the Wiim app to Bluetooth, pair the WiiM in the Bluetooth settings of the phone. Bluetooth allows for gapless playback of YTM.

Yes, the only way to change the SSID of your Wi-Fi is to reset it.

Was I talking to ghosts?😳

In Apple TV settings if you select >Video and audio >Audio output >Temporary audio output >WiiM amp I’m assuming it’s connecting via Airplay. The advantage is now you can control volume with the Apple TV remote.

In Apple TV settings if you select >Video and audio >Audio output >Temporary audio output >WiiM amp I’m assuming it’s connecting via Airplay. The advantage is now you can control volume with the Apple TV remote.
If the apple TV remote has volume control, and the apple TV handles HDMI CEC, HDMI CEC and ARC are enabled on your TV, it should all be controllable with only the apple TV remote

- turning on the apple TV should turn on the TV, set it on the correct hdmi input, turn on the wiim amp and set it to the hdmi input
- audio should be played back on the wiim amp, transported via hdmi (not airplay), volume buttons on the remote control volume on the amp directly (tv and apple tv volume are fixed)
- same thing, turning off the apple tv turns off the tv and wiim amp

Also, to start playing music, it might require less clicks: with spotify, I just have to select the wiim amp in the spotify app ans start playing, the amp switches on automatically (of course, then, volume can't be controlled with the apple tv remote ;) )

If the apple TV remote has volume control, and the apple TV handles HDMI CEC, HDMI CEC and ARC are enabled on your TV, it should all be controllable with only the apple TV remote

- turning on the apple TV should turn on the TV, set it on the correct hdmi input, turn on the wiim amp and set it to the hdmi input
- audio should be played back on the wiim amp, transported via hdmi (not airplay), volume buttons on the remote control volume on the amp directly (tv and apple tv volume are fixed)
- same thing, turning off the apple tv turns off the tv and wiim amp

Also, to start playing music, it might require less clicks: with spotify, I just have to select the wiim amp in the spotify app ans start playing, the amp switches on automatically (of course, then, volume can't be controlled with the apple tv remote ;) )
I did not know that turning on and off the Apple TV will turn on and off both the TV and the amp. That is awesome. Before, I had the DAC and tube amp that had to turned on and off so separately so everything was connected through a wemo. Now I don’t need it anymore.

The new wiim app has enhanced fixed resolution option but I can’t find it in 3 of my wiim, wiim amp, pro and mini. Can someone take a picture what’s look like?

The new wiim app has enhanced fixed resolution option but I can’t find it in 3 of my wiim, wiim amp, pro and mini. Can someone take a picture what’s look like?
As WiiM replied perhaps in another thread the associated firmware is currently in beta for the Pro but should be released next week. They didn’t mention other models at this point but I’d expect it to be rolled out to the mini and pro plus in due course

Back