Wiim Pro Airplay 2 NAS (network attached drives) Capabilities?

Starsick

I bought the WiimPro Airplay 2 specifically for streaming audio from my NAS (networked attached drive) that I use for streaming from my Cambridge Audio server. I use the Cambridge unit with my main system, and it found my NAS drive attached no problem. However, I cannot seem to figure out how to find it with the Wiim software via wifi, although it finds another media server I have but cannot connect to it. In my research, other users were able to connect, (they said the unit found attached network drives) which is why I bought this unit. Can anyone help? Give me a step but step, if it is indeed possible? (I hope so). I hope I didn't waste my money. Thank you in advance.

If you know absolutely nothing you may be better off with piCorePlayer and LMS - all set up and config is via a browser
I understand. From what I have gleamed from this thread, I cannot use LMS in the WiiM app of play through the WiiM. I don't want to go that route.

I understand. From what I have gleamed from this thread, I cannot use LMS in the WiiM app of play through the WiiM. I don't want to go that route.
Not exactly.

You can't use the WiiM App but you would be playing through the WiiM Pro
You use the browser or your phone and connect to LMS using its Material skin which looks like this

"Kitchen" is a WiiM Pro

1696856436231.png

While there’s not a current supported means of access to an LMS server from WiiM, you can use an LMS client/ browser access to play to the WiiM Pro or Pro Plus due to recent support of the Squeezelite client on those WiiM devices. It’s a very nice solution

@Starsick, what Cambridge Audio player do you have?

You may find once you have the server up and running that the browsing experience offered through MinimServer is better than that by the Cambridge player itself. I don't have any experience of it myself but there's certainly a lot of Cambridge Audio users on the forums.
I assume you're using the StreamMagic app, in which case it should appear as another source.

Just something else to have a play with ;)

Last edited:
Not exactly.

You can't use the WiiM App but you would be playing through the WiiM Pro
You use the browser or your phone and connect to LMS using its Material skin which looks like this

"Kitchen" is a WiiM Pro

View attachment 2783
I see. How would I connect to the media server, would that be through the app? And I then would just use the web browser and pointed to the IP address of the Pi, Right?

I see. How would I connect to the media server, would that be through the app? And I then would just use the web browser and pointed to the IP address of the Pi, Right?
There is no setup of the WiiM Pro required. The Squeezelite client is simply detected by LMS. Inside LMS I have renamed “Jim’s WiiM Pro” to be Kitchen

iOS - you open Safari to http://ipaddress:9000/material then immediately do Add To Home Screen and close it. There will be a new icon that opens Material with no menu bar

Android - you can use any browser or download the APK from Fdroid

I also meant to ask, my dear friends, in "audio output" in LMS, do I need to set it to anything so the WiiM Pro can see it as a server? Again, sorry for being such a newbie.

Within LMS Net share, how would I configure it to see this share?

I also meant to ask, my dear friends, in "audio output" in LMS, do I need to set it to anything so the WiiM Pro can see it as a server? Again, sorry for being such a newbie.
You do not need any "audio output" setting to make WiiM Pro work with LMS

EDIT
Have realised that the piCorePlayer documentation is for NFS

This is more relevant for your use case

1697193318884.png

Last edited:

You do not need any "audio output" setting to make WiiM Pro work with LMS

EDIT
Have realised that the piCorePlayer documentation is for NFS

This is more relevant for your use case

View attachment 2829
Thank you. I have opened the MyBookLive Dashboard and see I have an admin account, but I honestly do NOT remember setting it up with a password at all. Should I create a new account for use with the Pi LMS with a password? When I try to add the share in LMS, it reports the drive mount fails, and when I scan for music (obviously) I get nothing. I added "admin" under user name and left password blank and configured as you showed above. I know I am missing something here. All I seem to remember is plugging it in to the network, and - for instance - with my Cambridge Audio Media Serve it simply found the share and it works flawlessly. Also, would I need to point to the folder that the music is in, or does LMS scan from the root of Public? Please see attached screencaps of the user list from my NAS, the path to the music folders and advise. It DOES indicate at the top of the USERS panel to "Secure my device" with an exclamation point, which leads me to believe I do not have a password, and I am still mystified as to why I am not getting the mount correct in LMS. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you and everyone here.

Attachments

• WD.PNG
    WD.PNG
    15.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Network.PNG
    Network.PNG
    69.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Once had a mybook nas....login was admin as user and also as password. Two times admin 😉
Thank you so much. I tried that, and got a mount error. I also tried it blank with same result. My guess is I MUST have set a password but for the life of me cannot and do not remember it. Would it be best - through the WD Dashboard - to add a "new" user and password for that "user" for the LMS to log in to?

Attachments

• Share Boot.PNG
    Share Boot.PNG
    23.6 KB · Views: 2
Thank you so much. I tried that, and got a mount error. I also tried it blank with same result. My guess is I MUST have set a password but for the life of me cannot and do not remember it. Would it be best - through the WD Dashboard - to add a "new" user and password for that "user" for the LMS to log in to?
Have you tried the share (in LMS) without a username and password?
The admin account will be for managing the NAS not for authenticating the share - unless you set that yourself of course.

Have you tried these suggestions to retrieve the admin password?

The admin account will be for managing the NAS not for authenticating the share - unless you set that yourself of course.
Yes the "Public" area which he has used doesn't need any credentials for reading but it will for writing which would also be the case for a Windows user to be able to get data on there!??

Yes the "Public" area which he has used doesn't need any credentials for reading but it will for writing which would also be the case for a Windows user to be able to get data on there!??
For playlists? I assume all the scraped metadata - by default at least - stays on the Pi?

Have you tried these suggestions to retrieve the admin password?
I tried leaving the user name and password fields blank and still get the mount error. This is a dumb question, I am sure, but do I check the "enabled" box in LMS in regards to the net share? Here is a screenshot of the User panel with the "Secure your device" message above.

Attachments

• WD User.PNG
    WD User.PNG
    177.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
For playlists? I assume all the scraped metadata - by default at least - stays on the Pi?
Yes for playlists (and potentially some other stuff) but my point is that there must be a Windows user as how did the files get there otherwise? Normally the admin user can be used for smb as well as NAS management.

Back