Wiim Pro Airplay 2 NAS (network attached drives) Capabilities?

Starsick

I bought the WiimPro Airplay 2 specifically for streaming audio from my NAS (networked attached drive) that I use for streaming from my Cambridge Audio server. I use the Cambridge unit with my main system, and it found my NAS drive attached no problem. However, I cannot seem to figure out how to find it with the Wiim software via wifi, although it finds another media server I have but cannot connect to it. In my research, other users were able to connect, (they said the unit found attached network drives) which is why I bought this unit. Can anyone help? Give me a step but step, if it is indeed possible? (I hope so). I hope I didn't waste my money. Thank you in advance.

So - if and when I solve this Net Share issue - do I need to add the media server in the WiiM app so I can play through the WiiM Pro? How would the WiiM play the media files without some sort of config? I do understand Squeezelight is an UPnP service, but I just want to be sure I cover all of the steps.

So - if and when I solve this Net Share issue - do I need to add the media server in the WiiM app so I can play through the WiiM Pro? How would the WiiM play the media files without some sort of config? I do understand Squeezelight is an UPnP service, but I just want to be sure I cover all of the steps.
Squeezelite isn't a UPnP service, it's a custom protocol used by LMS.

You can't use the WiiM Home App with LMS as we told you previously, instead you'd:
Not exactly.

You can't use the WiiM App but you would be playing through the WiiM Pro
You use the browser or your phone and connect to LMS using its Material skin which looks like this

"Kitchen" is a WiiM Pro

View attachment 2783

Last edited:
Thank you. Do I need to configure anything with the WiiM Pro so it sees the server, is what I am asking. From my research Squeezelight DOES have a UPnP plugin service, would it be advisable to install it? So it could play through the WiiM Pro? I do apologize for being such a noob.

LMS (not squeezelite) does have a UPnP plugin so that it can talk to UPnP renderers, but it doesn't work particularly well with the WiiM products, which is why you'd use the squeezelite interface of the WiiM within LMS.

You don't need to do anything to the WiiM for LMS to see it.

LMS does have a UPnP plugin so that it can talk to UPnP renderers, but it doesn't work particularly well with the WiiM products, which is why you'd use the squeezelite interface of the WiiM within LMS.

You don't need to do anything to the WiiM for LMS to see it.
I see. Once I get this NET share issue straightened out, I will just fire it up to see if it plays. I have posted in the Logitech Forum to ss if anyone there can help me figure the NAS config out.

I see. Once I get this NET share issue straightened out, I will just fire it up to see if it plays. I have posted in the Logitech Forum to ss if anyone there can help me figure the NAS config out.
Are you sure the NAS folder isn’t mounted? Do you get an error message if so what?

Thank you. I have opened the MyBookLive Dashboard and see I have an admin account, but I honestly do NOT remember setting it up with a password at all. Should I create a new account for use with the Pi LMS with a password? When I try to add the share in LMS, it reports the drive mount fails, and when I scan for music (obviously) I get nothing. I added "admin" under user name and left password blank and configured as you showed above. I know I am missing something here. All I seem to remember is plugging it in to the network, and - for instance - with my Cambridge Audio Media Serve it simply found the share and it works flawlessly. Also, would I need to point to the folder that the music is in, or does LMS scan from the root of Public? Please see attached screencaps of the user list from my NAS, the path to the music folders and advise. It DOES indicate at the top of the USERS panel to "Secure my device" with an exclamation point, which leads me to believe I do not have a password, and I am still mystified as to why I am not getting the mount correct in LMS. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you and everyone here.
Answering the path question.
Once the Public folder is successfully mounted you need to go into LMS settings and set the music folder to be mnt/Public/Shared Music

Once the Public folder is successfully mounted you need to go into LMS settings and set the music folder to be mnt/Public/Shared Music
This what I get on saving the share. I cannot change the music folder, as when I hit apply it remains "/mnt/Public"

Attachments

• Share Boot.PNG
    Share Boot.PNG
    23.6 KB · Views: 11
  • LMS Share.PNG
    LMS Share.PNG
    37.3 KB · Views: 9

From your screenshots you can obviously login to the NAS web gui. What credentials do you use there?
I don't use any credentials. I don't ever remember setting a user account or password, from the screenshot up above it says secure this device with an exclamation point, that tells me that I've never logged into it. I did set the static IP address, and my other Cambridge audio media server found the share immediately and didn't ask for any login.

From your screenshots you can obviously login to the NAS web gui. What credentials do you use there?
Also, in Windows, I just set up my networking and never had to log into the drive. I thought about adding a user and setting a username and password just for the pi...... Is that a good idea? Thank you for your help.

I don't use any credentials. I don't ever remember setting a user account or password, from the screenshot up above it says secure this device with an exclamation point, that tells me that I've never logged into it. I did set the static IP address, and my other Cambridge audio media server found the share immediately and didn't ask for any login.
On all the NAS I know of the Public folder is normally read only to everyone but requires a logged in user to write to it.
We can see from an earlier screenshot that it is mapped to Z:\ on your PC - are you sure that there is no user / pass set for the share? I don't see how you could write to it otherwise.

I think we are at a stage where you are going to have to create a new user with read/write access to the Public share and use those credentials

I think it's Control Panel > Credentials Manager that will show you how shares are mapped and if they've been assigned a username and password, although it won't show the actual password.

On all the NAS I know of the Public folder is normally read only to everyone but requires a logged in user to write to it.
We can see from an earlier screenshot that it is mapped to Z:\ on your PC - are you sure that there is no user / pass set for the share? I don't see how you could write to it otherwise.

I think we are at a stage where you are going to have to create a new user with read/write access to the Public share and use those credentials
I added a new user, and password. Same result, not mounted. I went in to the WD control panel and even changed it twice, it saved the configuration successfully, and admin and "Rick" are listed as users to "Public". Here is a screenshot:

Attachments

• New User Password Share.PNG
    New User Password Share.PNG
    42.3 KB · Views: 7

Also - when I go in to change the password for "admin" and "Rick", it does not change in LMS. It keeps the previous passwords - I even tried to make them blank (I configured no password in WD Dashboard for the share) and LMS still keeps the password

Also - when I go in to change the password for "admin" and "Rick", it does not change in LMS. It keeps the previous passwords - I even tried to make them blank (I configured no password in WD Dashboard for the share) and LMS still keeps the password
Ok. Try removing the UID=etc bit entirely and keep Rick and password

The Network share shows in Explorer, and I read and write to it regularly. Similarly, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, my Cambridge unit found the NAS and attached to it immediately.

The Network share shows in Explorer, and I read and write to it regularly. Similarly, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, my Cambridge unit found the NAS and attached to it immediately.
Are you sure the IP address is correct? It’s an unusual sub net

Back