WiiM Pro Firmware v4.8.626448 Update - Aug 16, 2024

I’m on same boat as you reduce WiFi to -6db or otherwise too loud.
Room Correction max gain at one frequency is 6dB, causing the OVR lights to flash on the RME often, so cutting preamp gain by 6dB should fix the issue and avoid distortion.

Room Correction max gain at one frequency is 6dB, causing the OVR lights to flash on the RME often, so cutting preamp gain by 6dB should fix the issue and avoid distortion.
Since I don’t have rme to see that, if one of the rc band boost let say 10db cut WiFi to 10 db to avoid distortion?

I wonder what’s in store for us on next update in term of features. The only thing I can think of that’s in roadmap that wasn’t released yet was dlna cast.

I wonder what’s in store for us on next update in term of features. The only thing I can think of that’s in roadmap that wasn’t released yet was dlna cast.
Persistent groups is the only other function that springs to mind

Since I don’t have rme to see that, if one of the rc band boost let say 10db cut WiFi to 10 db to avoid distortion?
They are additive. I’m guessing the negative gain amount right now, but will find a good tool to calculate it correctly. Maybe WiiM will automate it eventually.

L/R PEQ is a really cool feature but for me it‘s hard to use since it‘s quite buggy.

When I create a new L/R PEQ setting and save it, then switch between other settings back and forth it keeps over-writing my left PEQ values with the right ones.

When I select the saved L/R PEQ setup, close the app and open it again it says „custom“ instead of the saved name and when I tap on the saved slot it also overwrites the left side with right values.

Quite frustrating tbh since I enjoy switching between different saved PEQ settings.

L/R PEQ is a really cool feature but for me it‘s hard to use since it‘s quite buggy.

When I create a new L/R PEQ setting and save it, then switch between other settings back and forth it keeps over-writing my left PEQ values with the right ones.

When I select the saved L/R PEQ setup, close the app and open it again it says „custom“ instead of the saved name and when I tap on the saved slot it also overwrites the left side with right values.

Quite frustrating tbh since I enjoy switching between different saved PEQ settings.
It confused me at first. You need to save the Left PEQ as one name and the Right PEQ as another name. It doesn't save them both under one name.

It confused me at first. You need to save the Left PEQ as one name and the Right PEQ as another name. It doesn't save them both under one name.
Thank you!

That‘s quite confusing tbh and should be reworked in my opinion since it‘s not self explanatory

Am I right that pregain is not stored? When you get out and go back it's always back at 0db...or am I missing something/doing something wrong?
This has been reported before. The Pre-gain is still applied but you can't tell by looking at the settings. Hopefully it will be fixed. When my amp gets the latest update with Pre-gain I'll check for this.

This has been reported before. The Pre-gain is still applied but you can't tell by looking at the settings. Hopefully it will be fixed. When my amp gets the latest update with Pre-gain I'll check for this.
Thanks. Yes, I just figured it out that it was just the settings that were incorrect but pregain was still applied.

Am I right that pregain is not stored? When you get out and go back it's always back at 0db...or am I missing something/doing something wrong?
For me this behaviour (pre-gain stored but not displayed) is still the same with firmware 5.2.626448 and Android WHA 2.11.3, unfortunately.

FW 5.2.627135 hasn't landed here, yet, but there's no mention of pre-gain improvements in the release notes.

Edit:
Above applies to the WiiM Ultra, obviously. :)

Back