WiiM Pro Firmware v4.8.626448 Update - Aug 16, 2024

Pro will play .dff DSD now? I have an external DAC on optical that supports DSD but all my DSD is in .dsf format. I would have to convert it to .dff to play it?

Only DFF mentioned in firmware pages

Ultra does, not sure about earlier models. If they do, it’ll be mentioned in the firmware release pages.
If the enhancement was that it now plays dff which are more rare than dsf it mist have already supported dsf I think.

Pro will play .dff DSD now? I have an external DAC on optical that supports DSD but all my DSD is in .dsf format. I would have to convert it to .dff to play it?
Hi khuntim,

It supports the DSF file format. Please give it a try and let us know if it works for you. If it doesn't, please submit a ticket through the WiiM Home App so we can address the issue promptly. Thank you for your assistance!

Hi khuntim,

It supports the DSF file format. Please give it a try and let us know if it works for you. If it doesn't, please submit a ticket through the WiiM Home App so we can address the issue promptly. Thank you for your assistance!
How do you input DSD to a Pro? Can you use DLNA as the input? If so, does the Pro convert to PCM for output, or does it output the DoP that it receives? Any clarification of the input/outputs and signal path would be helpful. Thanks.

Hi khuntim,

It supports the DSF file format. Please give it a try and let us know if it works for you. If it doesn't, please submit a ticket through the WiiM Home App so we can address the issue promptly. Thank you for your assistance

I cant believe it works! Last time I tried it didn't work and I read only the Pro Plus supported, so I ordered an Ultra to be shipped overseas here. didn't need it looks like. Says 88.2 (SACD Rip DSD64) works with outboard DAC

How do you input DSD to a Pro? Can you use DLNA as the input? If so, does the Pro convert to PCM for output, or does it output the DoP that it receives? Any clarification of the input/outputs and signal path would be helpful. Thanks.

I'm using the Wiim home app for Windows, works okay except reads tags strange. My DAC says 88.2 which is correct. (DSD64)

wiim_home_tags_2.jpg

Last edited:
I cant believe it works! Last time I tried it didn't work and I read only the Pro Plus supported, so I ordered an Ultra to be shipped overseas here. didn't need it looks like. Says 88.2 (SACD Rip DSD64) works with outboard DAC
Thanks for reporting that. What do you have your maximum PCM output sample rate set to? Is it set to 88.2 or is Wiim converting the DSD to that sample rate. Can you try DSD128 (2x) and DSD256 (4x) files and see if they work and at what sample rate they are output at? There are free sample files online. Thanks.

Thanks for reporting that. What do you have your maximum PCM output sample rate set to? Is it set to 88.2 or is Wiim converting the DSD to that sample rate. Can you try DSD128 (2x) and DSD256 (4x) files and see if they work and at what sample rate they are output at? There are free sample files online. Thanks.

I have output set to 24/192, all my files are DSD64 from ripped SACDs, I can try if you have a source for those files, seems a bit out of the scope of the Wiim, maybe not if you have those files and want to play them!

I thought the files were 24/88.2 and the Wiim was paying bitperfect (more or less) but mediainfo says this. Maybe this is Native, then it changes when played back as DoP?

dsd64.jpg

Not even sure if my cheap TV DAC supports DSD 256!

I have output set to 24/192, all my files are DSD64 from ripped SACDs, I can try if you have a source for those files, seems a bit out of the scope of the Wiim, maybe not if you have those files and want to play them!

I thought the files were 24/88.2 and the Wiim was paying bitperfect (more or less) but mediainfo says this. Maybe this is Native, then it changes when played back as DoP?

View attachment 11363

It looks like your file is 2.822 MHz sample rate DSD, which is also known as DSD64 (64*44.1). That is the original DSD format for SACDs. That is what Mediainfo is showing. I believe that Wiim is converting that DSD to PCM. If you are seeing 88.2 KHz on your DAC that means Wiim is converting the 2.822 MHz DSD to 88.2 KHz PCM. Wiim has said that they are converting DSD to PCM and your data seems to confirm that. The original reports I saw said that Wiim output the converted DSD at 192 KHz, but you are reporting 88.2 KHz, so that is interesting.

There used to be many free DSD downloads available but it looks like many of them have been removed. Let me look and see what I can find for free ones. I believe Blue Coast still provides free ones but need to check.

How are you sending the DSD file to the Pro?

Thanks for the info. Reports on DSD usage are pretty sparse here, so you have great information.

EDIT: Blue Coast does still have free DSD downloads, but you have to create an account to download them, which you may not want to do. Unfortunately, DSD files are too big to simply email them.

Last edited:
Using the Wiim Home app in Win11 for now. I have the Plex DLNA server, but looks like it doesn't support DSD, at least the files are not seen.

Thanks. My Pro is at my other home so I cannot test it. Thanks for your info.

You are using the DAC in your TV when you have a WiiM Pro Plus?? Or is it the Ultra?? Or have you found that WiiM Home App for Win11 connects directly to your TV via UPnP/DLNA/ChromeCast/other?? What TV is it??

You are using the DAC in your TV when you have a WiiM Pro Plus?? Or is it the Ultra?? Or have you found that WiiM Home App for Win11 connects directly to your TV via UPnP/DLNA/ChromeCast/other?? What TV is it??

I have a DAC plugged into in Wiim Pro (not Plus) optical out, then analog in to my powered speakers.

Sony X90L optical to Wiim Pro, just using the Wiim home app in Windows to play local files to the Wiim since Tidal doesn't have a chunk of my Classical stuff.

Streaming box is Onn 4k pro

I ordered a Wiim Ultra, one reason was that the Pro could not play DSD, then all of the sudden the Pro plays DSD, so Ultra not really needed for music.

For TV, I was hoping for a bit of improvement sonically I guess. dialog mainly. Not really sure if ARC will improve things, might be about the same. will probably upgrade the DAC soon.

Ultra should be here in a few days, see how it goes.

For TV, I was hoping for a bit of improvement sonically I guess. dialog mainly. Not really sure if ARC will improve things, might be about the same. will probably upgrade the DAC soon.
WiiM are (all of them) 2-channel devices. They are able to take 5.1 input from ARC, but they extract 2-channel stereo so the Center Channel Dialog Support is going to be lost. You'll need a device that supports 3.1 / 5.1 output if you really want to improve your TV Dialog.

WiiM are (all of them) 2-channel devices. They are able to take 5.1 input from ARC, but they extract 2-channel stereo so the Center Channel Dialog Support is going to be lost. You'll need a device that supports 3.1 / 5.1 output if you really want to improve your TV Dialog.

My Sony TV technically would not have to be set to PCM if using ARC as opposed to Optical?, I can leave the TV to spit out 5.1 signal and the Ultra will convert to 2.0 only taking the L+R channels?

Pretty sure last time I checked with my Pro I had no sound using Optical unless I set my Sony TV to PCM.

Sony Options are:
Auto 1 - Compressed audio without change
Auto 2 - Output only compressed audio for multi channel content without change
PCM

Maybe this has to do with Optical out only and not ARC out? not sure. I would leave eARC disabled since Ultra only support ARC.

Will be interesting to try the Ultra in a couple days. Maybe the output to the DAC will be a bit improved from Pro. Or even use internal DAC.

I remember listening to 2.0 material using a receiver and the dialog had rock solid center image. right now it is diffused and sounds out of phase or something. no phantom center.

Back