WiiM Pro Plus Firmware v4.8.625660 Update - Aug 8, 2024

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Please review the WiiM Pro Plus update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

4.8.625660(In Progress)

Release date:

8 / 8 / 2024

What's New:
  1. Per-Channel EQ: Set parametric EQ settings for left and right channels individually (requires app version 2.10.7 or later).
  2. Refined Input Auto-Sensing: Enhanced for smoother audio transitions with reduced delay.
  3. Output Change Enhancement: Preserves the playing queue when switching audio outputs.
  4. Stabilized Wi-Fi Connection: Updated the Wi-Fi driver to enhance connection stability.
  5. Bluetooth Playback Upgrade: Enhanced Bluetooth playback to reduce latency and eliminate stuttering issues.
  6. DSD Playback Enhancement: Now supports playing DSD audio tracks in DFF format.
  7. Soundtrack SDK Enhancement: Upgraded for a better listening experience.
Bug Fixes:
  1. Playback Enhancement: Minimized playback latency.
  2. Squeezelite Enhancements: Resolved issues with artwork display and connectivity with the latest Logitech Media Server (LMS).
  3. Pop Noise Fix: Reduced pop noise for Spotify Connect and TIDAL Connect.
  4. General Enhancements: Various bug fixes and performance improvements for a smoother experience.

Shoot, I was hoping to get the update today as I am in need of this (Per-Channel EQ) feature ASAP 😅

Last edited:
Shoot, I was hoping to get the update today as I am in need of this feature ASAP 😅
There’s an update on my ultra but its not my device turn. Maybe it would come in a day or two. You will see green arrow or just update itself. Happy listening!

Am I the only one that thinks It is odd to have a Check for Updates function in the WiiM app that does not download and update one's WiiM when an update has been released?

Am I the only one that thinks It is odd to have a Check for Updates function in the WiiM app that does not download and update one's WiiM when an update has been released?
That's what I'm used to with smartphone firmware ... Android Auto ... pretty much everything receiving OTA updates.

Nope.
I once joked that the code behind it was 'Sleep 1; Print Your device is up to date'.
But I have had it work once or twice! Maybe I was just lucky with the timing.
Your turn will come...

Nope.
I once joked that the code behind it was 'Sleep 1; Print Your device is up to date'.
But I have had it work once or twice! Maybe I was just lucky with the timing.
Your turn will come...
Well, this AM, I got the Update Rocket popup for v4.8.623 (7/17/24) in the WiiM Home App - for one of my Pro+ that was already updated over two weeks ago. (So, you're going to need to add a "rnd(0);" to your proto-code...)

The update was on August 8th and I still haven't received it. Wiim Home doesn't find it. I don't understand why this is happening.

Please review the WiiM Pro Plus update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

4.8.625660(In Progress)

Release date:

8 / 8 / 2024

What's New:
  1. Per-Channel EQ: Set parametric EQ settings for left and right channels individually (requires app version 2.10.7 or later).

1. Does this involves RC as well?
    If not, how should it be applied?
    Any official view (from WiiM) on this?

1. Does this involves RC as well?
    If not, how should it be applied?
    Any official view (from WiiM) on this?
As far as I know automatic RC doesn't use per-channel PEQ on any other WiiM device, yet. I'd be surprised if the WiiM Pro Plus was the first to get it ... but let's see and wait.

As far as I know automatic RC doesn't use per-channel PEQ on any other WiiM device, yet. I'd be surprised if the WiiM Pro Plus was the first to get it ... but let's see and wait.

Well then I wonder how you would sensibly apply it?

Yep. Automatic RC using per-channel will need a modified measuring process, naturally. Each channel must be measured individually.

By measuring in an external app and manually entering the values perhaps ? Or, if you can, run it for both channels then manually tweak each?

I don‘t understand the 2. sentence.
Measuring one by one channel is one thing, but the combination of the two, including the combined mods of the room/sidewalls/furniture is a completly different story.

I guess you would need to measure each channel, and the combined (in REW etc.), adjust each channel, then do a new combined measurement to see the effect of you adjustments. And then keep tweaking until you get your wanted result.

Last edited:
Back