WiiM Pro Plus Firmware v4.8.625660 Update - Aug 8, 2024

Thanks for taking care of asking about airplay and by closing the tread as well as none related topic. Awesome work!!

I have to disagree. The new moderator summarily shuts any thread asking about Airplay and that is wrong. The drop of an advertised feature is a big deal for many customers. For the record, it doesn’t affect me but it affects many others. Yes, WiiM has posted about it but those posts are not definitive and because they are not persistent they are missed by many, especially if they are recent customers visiting the forum recently.

I have been a customer almost since the brand was introduced and use several of its products and I am also a beta tester, and as such I feel important to make this statement and call the moderator out. It’s not his job to shut down customers. @WiiM Support is the entity to address those questions and I am certain they are capable of doing that.

The two recent threads have been brought to the attention of the WiiM forum Admins, and we shall see if they respond to them.

I have to disagree. The new moderator summarily shuts any thread asking about Airplay and that is wrong. The drop of an advertised feature is a big deal for many customers. For the record, it doesn’t affect me but it affects many others. Yes, WiiM has posted about it but those posts are not definitive and because they are not persistent they are missed by many, especially if they are recent customers visiting the forum recently.

I have been a customer almost since the brand was introduced and use several of its products and I am also a beta tester, and as such I feel important to make this statement and call the moderator out. It’s not his job to shut down customers. @WiiM Support is the entity to address those questions and I am certain they are capable of doing that.
When you buy a piece of product and it did not meet your expectation, what would you do? You return it and move on. I don’t feel there’s point discussing the same issue over and over again. Like what the moderator stated, if they have questions, they can ask wiim directly. Those kind of tread lead to no where and creating hostile environment.

It is not your job to shut them down.
Yes his job to do so. I like what he does. Anything related to airplay or need explanations doesn’t need to be posted on forum instead message wiim to get direct answer.

When you buy a piece of product and it did not meet your expectation, what would you do? You return it and move on. I don’t feel there’s point discussing the same issue over and over again. Like what the moderator stated, if they have questions, they can ask wiim directly. Those kind of tread lead to no where and creating hostile environment.
That is nonsense. These fora exist to support products and be a conduit between customers and the company. One thing is to misbehave, another to ask questions and in this case express frustration regarding removal of a key advertised feature.

This thread has gone way off topic.

As previously mentioned, if anyone needs more definitive information about the Ultra AirPlay situation, please contact WiiM directly, as they are the only ones who know the answer.

Totally agreed!
The silence of WiiM on this pattern is simply cowardice. And painting cream around the new moderator's snout is wrong.
The "old" one was more present and had an answer for nearly every question asked. The new one Is most noticeable when closing threads.
@Brantome hasn't posted at all since taking off his moderator's hat. Hope he is OK.

Yes, but the release note on the todays announced 626448 version looks excatly the same as the release note in this thread (625660). My point is that it seems like the the version announced in the beginning of this thread wasn't the final one, and thats the reason we had to wait, but it seems like the waiting is over 😊

Back