WiiM Pro Plus Firmware v4.8.625660 Update - Aug 8, 2024

We all think devices get updated in batches. Is this actually true? When the amp was last updated nobody reported receiving the update until a few days after the release date when people started to report receiving it. After seeing the reports I checked mine and the update was available. I only bought it in April so wouldn't expect to be in the first batch of updates but nobody reported receiving it earlier.

My Pro Plus is also still on that version, which is the DLNA Cast Beta that isn't marked as a Beta.
It won’t update if you’re in beta. Send message via app and ask them to remove your beta firmware and from there it will update. I have been situation like that before beta tester don’t get updated on official firmware.

It won’t update if you’re in beta. Send message via app and ask them to remove your beta firmware and from there it will update. I have been situation like that before beta tester don’t get updated on official firmware.
I'm eagerly awaiting the third DLNA Cast Beta if it ever appears.

I'm eagerly awaiting the third DLNA Cast Beta if it ever appears.
They have lots of thing going on such as features sets, bug fix and chromecast issue. The feature I’m waiting for that was mentioned before auto phase sub, auto level and auto crossover and independent channel peq rc.

They have lots of thing going on such as features sets, bug fix and chromecast issue. The feature I’m waiting for that was mentioned before auto phase sub, auto level and auto crossover and independent channel peq rc.
Yes, I'm aware that there are rather too many things being worked on at any one time, but it would be better to concentrate on one feature update until it is ready for release, and then concentrate on another feature likewise, rather than seemingly abandoning some features without giving any feedback to the individuals attempting to test them.

Yes, I'm aware that there are rather too many things being worked on at any one time, but it would be better to concentrate on one feature update until it is ready for release, and then concentrate on another feature likewise, rather than seemingly abandoning some features without giving any feedback to the individuals attempting to test them.
Yeah, it would be good to know the status of all the current betas whether they be public like DLNA casting or private like Persistent Groups. I’m sure there are others going on too with new hardware etc like happened with the Ultra.

When they released their previous devices, they did not have much issue but ultra are all over the place. I think they should have 2 different team one dedicated just bug fixing and other feature set team. We don’t know how many team engineers they have so it may not be possible if just couple.

Thanks, I looked to see if I was still on a beta version but didn’t see any indicator that I was.

When they released their previous devices, they did not have much issue but ultra are all over the place. I think they should have 2 different team one dedicated just bug fixing and other feature set team. We don’t know how many team engineers they have so it may not be possible if just couple.
There's also more devices now with differing firmware to handle, despite overlap between them, which means more work for developers and testers.

Thanks, I looked to see if I was still on a beta version but didn’t see any indicator that I was.
Check your firmware version and see if that match on previous release notes. If none match, you’re in beta.

It's probably worth sending a ticket anyway just in case. I signed up for a Beta but I'm not on a Beta firmware which still may be blocking the OTA updates!

Back