WiiM Pro setup problem

Have you tried a router reboot? Nothing in your firewall that suggests wifi traffic to the WiiM is being blocked?
router rebooted a few times. If firewall blocks, why didn't it happen yesterday?

Still, I'll try a lower security level of my routers firewall.
If that doesn't work, and you know how to use Wireshark (or have a friend who does), you'd probably be able to identify the root cause in no time at all. It's almost certainly something with your network configuration that changed overnight. If your network infrastructure firmware wasn't updated, and you made no config changes, I'd be a little concerned that the changed behavior could be a byproduct of something nefarious.

Thanks. What is 'nefarious'?
This morning I tried with the lowest security level of firewall of the router and the firewall switched off at all, but no 'streaming' music. Playing music with BT over the WiiM works normal. And my old device (using the same router setting), a Gramofon, still works normal (wifi streaming of Spotify). I start to wonder if something in my new WiiM pro+ broke over night (maybe while in stand-by)? I wondered also a bit how warm it was (top back) after a night of stand-by, and then when I wanted to stream Spotify over wifi it didn't connect/play. For this very reason I also reinstalled my old Gramofon, which still works properly. But I want to ve sure I don't do anything wrong before I contact WiiM or the shop where I bought it. But right now I'm out of option to check if it is set-up properly or if it works properly.
Again, if I put in an ethernet cable (from the same network) it seems to work properly...

If that doesn't work, and you know how to use Wireshark (or have a friend who does), you'd probably be able to identify the root cause in no time at all. It's almost certainly something with your network configuration that changed overnight. If your network infrastructure firmware wasn't updated, and you made no config changes, I'd be a little concerned that the changed behavior could be a byproduct of something nefarious.
I see your point, but it would be a great coincidence that my network properties/infrastructure changed overnight, the night after I installed the WiiM.

I see your point, but it would be a great coincidence that my network properties/infrastructure changed overnight, the night after I installed the WiiM.
Maybe time to submit a ticket to WiiM thru the feedback section of the WiiM home app to see if they can anything wrong in your device log.

Over the last few months my WiiM Pro is constantly moving off Ethernet and back to WiFi. It was fine initially - I guess a firmware update (about 3 or 4 ago) seems to have regressed things.

I have two WiiM Pro, both do the same, one is a bit worse than the other. Usually I've not even used my WiiM since the reboot, and then later find it's moved.

On a reboot both will work with Ethernet fine for a while, then at some point (even though I switched WiFi off in app) they go back to connecting to WiFi. There is no way to clear the WiFi settings, or return to Ethernet - you have to reboot.

Is anyone else getting this? Are WiiM aware of this?

Over the last few months my WiiM Pro is constantly moving off Ethernet and back to WiFi. It was fine initially - I guess a firmware update (about 3 or 4 ago) seems to have regressed things.

I have two WiiM Pro, both do the same, one is a bit worse than the other. Usually I've not even used my WiiM since the reboot, and then later find it's moved.

On a reboot both will work with Ethernet fine for a while, then at some point (even though I switched WiFi off in app) they go back to connecting to WiFi. There is no way to clear the WiFi settings, or return to Ethernet - you have to reboot.

WiiM will be aware of it if you or others have sent in a ticket thru the feedback section of the app when it happens - that way they can look for clues in your device logs.

Is there any way you can block the devices’ wifi interface at your router (or change your wifi password) so that wifi access is denied to see what would happen?

Hi garysargent,

Please send us a ticket, we'll troubleshoot this for you right away. Thank you!

Back