WiiM Ultra 24/192 When playing...

jsoyoung

When I connect an external DAC to USB out to wiim ultra, I can't play Tidal 24/192 sound smoothly.
The sound is stuttering and disconnecting. Other sound sources are fine, but only 24/192 sound sources.
Is there a solution?

Have you tried a different cable?

If the problem persists, submit a ticket via the settings/feedback section in the app so WiiM can inspect your device logs

So it works fine if you use any other output, including rca, just not usb?
What dac? Although I'd probably expect those that top out at 96 via usb input wouldn't work at all with 192.

So it works fine if you use any other output, including rca, just not usb?
What dac? Although I'd probably expect those that top out at 96 via usb input wouldn't work at all with 192.
If it displays the same symptoms over other outputs then it could be a WiFi issue. 24/192 can be problematic on poor WiFi networks. Even 100% signal strength is not indicative of a good network.

When I connect an external DAC to USB out to wiim ultra, I can't play Tidal 24/192 sound smoothly.
The sound is stuttering and disconnecting. Other sound sources are fine, but only 24/192 sound sources.
Is there a solution?
I tried to replace the cable, different output connection, but it was the same symptom, but I reset the wifi receiver and wifi ultra and it works fine. thanks a lot.

Glad it's sorted!
Sounds like it could have been a wifi problem.
... or even just a matter with the router's Internet connection, even if WiFi is all well. Some routers really need a reboot from time to time.

Back