Beta Test: Plex

I am a little late to the party. Just want to +1 on the full Wiim as a full Plexamp renderer implementation, because:
  • Gapless, gapless, gapless. Wiim already does for the other services. Plex can Chromecast to Wiim, sure. But not gaplessly.
  • Sweet fades! Plex does crossfades like no one else, AFAIK.
  • All the autoDJ candy available from Plexamp.

I am a little late to the party. Just want to +1 on the full Wiim as a full Plexamp renderer implementation, because:
  • Gapless, gapless, gapless. Wiim already does for the other services. Plex can Chromecast to Wiim, sure. But not gaplessly.
  • Sweet fades! Plex does crossfades like no one else, AFAIK.
  • All the autoDJ candy available from Plexamp.
This is why it has to be Plexamp client the fades are unreal and the DJ's are so very good.

I've got Beta access for a few days on my Pro Plus.

I must say I'm disappointed :
  • I was expecting Plexamp support, I have no value for Plex standalone. DLNA was enough for my local use.
  • I experienced some random jump. For instance, I played Telepgraph Road by Dire Straits (14min track, FLAC) and it randomly jumped to the next track. It reiterated once more and I stopped playing
  • The track played doesn't show on Plex Dash.

I've got Beta access for a few days on my Pro Plus.

I must say I'm disappointed :
  • I was expecting Plexamp support, I have no value for Plex standalone. DLNA was enough for my local use.
  • I experienced some random jump. For instance, I played Telepgraph Road by Dire Straits (14min track, FLAC) and it randomly jumped to the next track. It reiterated once more and I stopped playing
  • The track played doesn't show on Plex Dash.
Screams of an implementation planned by someone who doesn’t understand Plex.

Back