Beta Test: TIDAL Hi-Res (i.e. Max)

If for some reason I will want to exit from the beta releases and to get only official releases, how can I do it?

Normally when user ask for beta and when official firmware get release they also get the official release.

Normally when user ask for beta and when official firmware get release they also get the official release.
Yes understood, but if I just want to get only the official releases from some point of time… so I will need to exit from the beta program

It was mentioned before that they might incorporate room correction using peq that’s already in the system.

Hi Team,

We'll convert your Beta firmware to public release when it's available. It'll be done automatically by our system now. In the future, we'll offer the option that you can exit the Beta from the App. Please stay tuned!

Hi Team,

We'll convert your Beta firmware to public release when it's available. It'll be done automatically by our system now. In the future, we'll offer the option that you can exit the Beta from the App. Please stay tuned!
In-app option should greatly reduce your manual workload! Glad someone there is thinking long term!

how long does it takes from the moment that I gave my details in the form, to the moment ill get the beta version?

No idea, but it's only a few more days until the public rollout, assuming it goes to plan...
I’m not sure that the last feature of playing Hires Flac on Tidal will be release in the next official version… but who knows?
They don’t mentioned it in their roadmap

I’m not sure that the last feature of playing Hires Flac on Tidal will be release in the next official version… but who knows?
They don’t mentioned it in their roadmap
Post #82 in this very thread...
(Tidal Connect)

Sorry I'm late to the comments. As far as Tidal goes, all of the various ways to play it, (e.g. Connect and normal, from both PC and Android), they all seem to work just fine. Unfortunately, it does put a spotlight on my issues with Tidal's interface, which is why I normally use Roon as my Tidal frontend (and Qobuz also, for that matter.) Good to go, guys! 👍

Only for my understanding, had a chat yesterday with two different meanings.
Being Beta tester with no MQA DAC AND MQA disabled in WHA one would either get "HiRes" flac or simply CD quality "only".
Or does anyone has clear knowledge that for CD quality also the MQA files are send through the air?

While playing around with Tidal and Tidal Connect via the WiiM (with Beta firmware) I played Graham Nash's youngest album "Now".
In Tidal connect (WiiM MQA off) I got three different resolutions shown on my DAC. 96, 48, 44,1 on one single album. In Tidal app it was named FLAC from first to last track.*
Same album on Qobuz, offered as HiRes I got 44,1/24 from first to last track. Confirmed by DAC.
(In Apple Music using a dongle DAC and headphones it is simply "lossless" what I guess means CD quality (shown by the DAC))
One for the road: I do not recognize the slightest sound differences and one could say: Than why do you care about? and he would be right. But what does Tidal here?

*edit: When using the Tidal app with a mobile DAC and headphones it shows detailed 192, 48 or 44,1 kHz/ 24-bit.

Last edited:
Tomorrow is the day to get release hopefully on the weekend I get the update to test drive tidal flac.

Back