Beta Test: TIDAL Hi-Res (i.e. Max)

Does anyone with mqa dac works ok? Many of tidal music still on mqa and it’s not bit perfect prior to update under mqa. If set no mqa on wiim app the app shows 96khz but dac display shows 44.

you need to cancel the decoding or MQA, and try to stream with Tidal Connect (not from the WiiM Home application).
try - Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here, you will get 24bit / 192khz.
for some reason, the WiiM Home is not ready to play HiRes FLAC from its user interface, but only with Tidal Application using Tidal-Connect.

you need to cancel the decoding or MQA, and try to stream with Tidal Connect (not from the WiiM Home application).
for some reason, the WiiM Home is not ready to play HiRes FLAC from its user interface, but only with Tidal Application using Tidal-Connect.
The reason why the Wiim home app can’t play hi res flac yet is rather simple - the firmware for that hasn’t yet been released but hopefully will be in the coming weeks as previously stated by Wiim. The same happened for the first MQA unfold - it arrived in stages too.

Is Pink Floyd mqa? I’m using tidal connect.

On TIDAL site… HiRes FLAC is not currently supported by TIDAL Connect. Support will be added soon, in 2023

On TIDAL site… HiRes FLAC is not currently supported by TIDAL Connect. Support will be added soon, in 2023
Outdated site, flac on new update tidal connect works fine but the mqa file has the issue.

ok thanks! where can I download the beta?
Not sure you still can given the public version is rolling out. The Pro and Pro Plus updates are rolling out, and I'd expect the Mini version to follow soon as I haven't seen anything to suggest it won't

Anyone have some information regarding the WiiM Home application that will support the playing of HiRes Flac from tidal? Because currently it supports only using tidal connect from the Tidal Application to the WiiM …

Anyone have some information regarding the WiiM Home application that will support the playing of HiRes Flac from tidal? Because currently it supports only using tidal connect from the Tidal Application to the WiiM …
Forgive me, I'm just curious. Why use WiiM app for Tidal, when Tidal connect already offers more features? I was thinking that WiiM app is useful for those services, like Qobuz or Deezer, still ignore that a "connect" like feature, would push many more to suscribe.

Forgive me, I'm just curious. Why use WiiM app for Tidal, when Tidal connect already offers more features? I was thinking that WiiM app is useful for those services, like Qobuz or Deezer, still ignore that a "connect" like feature, would push many more to suscribe.
Because WiiM Home has a great user interface, and also a great centralized app for all my music services (I have Tidal, Qobuz, Amazon Music…)
and I enjoy using it sometimes more than the official music services’ apps

Just back from a trip and was excited to upgrade. Now my Pro is running version 4.8.534064 - I see release notes saying latest is ending 065 (maybe that's for Pro Plus).

I understand I need to use Tidal Connect, but should MQA toggle be on or off in the Wiim app?

Just back from a trip and was excited to upgrade. Now my Pro is running version 4.8.534064 - I see release notes saying latest is ending 065 (maybe that's for Pro Plus).

I understand I need to use Tidal Connect, but should MQA toggle be on or off in the Wiim app?
Since not all hi-res has been set available in Flac and even some new releases are posted in MQA only, you should keep it on, at least until further developments.

I think tidal must provide a flac only option . If selected the user will receive hi res flac (assuming subscribed in the highest tier ) and if high res flac is not available , he should get cd quality flac

I think tidal must provide a flac only option . If selected the user will receive hi res flac (assuming subscribed in the highest tier ) and if high res flac is not available , he should get cd quality flac
You could leave off the MQA switch on WiiM preferences and the system will delivers as you stated.
Don't know if really all MQA will be replaced, in the near future.
I would even say that MQA is not evil as stated. In order to save band with selective compression, it was effective and first unfolding is not that bad. If only they didn't ask for so expensive royalties and they didn't try to slide to mystical and quite religious side it had reason to be...

Last edited:
Actually, if you leave it off, and you have a DAC that knows how to deal with MQA via Toslink, you will get the MQA format when you will play a Master quality in the WiiM Home, and in case that the specific song that you playing has two tracks which one of them is MQA and the other is FLAC, you will see the HiRes FLAC only if you play it via Tidal Connect.
probably as said, in November they should release a WiiM Home app that knows how to deal with playing HiRes FLAC using the WiiM Home interface. I hope they also update their applications on iOS, Android and also their client for Mac :)

Actually, if you leave it off, and you have a DAC that knows how to deal with MQA via Toslink, you will get the MQA format when you will play a Master quality in the WiiM Home, and in case that the specific song that you playing has two tracks which one of them is MQA and the other is FLAC, you will see the HiRes FLAC only if you play it via Tidal Connect.
probably as said, in November they should release a WiiM Home app that knows how to deal with playing HiRes FLAC using the WiiM Home interface. I hope they also update their applications on iOS, Android and also their client for Mac :)
Yes, is true, I have a non MQA dac so I didn't post myself this question.
Consider also, that CD version of majority of MQA tracks, are derived from it. At the moment maybe is better to let the first unfold happens.

Back