Dolby Digital

Last edited:
Ideally needs to support DTS. For multi media use, ARC sources will have DTS content.

Is it Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital+?
I have not checked it because the Fire TV audio output was set to "auto" in my test. I will test tomorrow if I have time. However, I have not heard Team mention Dolby Digital+.

Also, Ultra can receive TV bitstream signals, but on my TV I got a popping noise when switching sources when I selected "Digital Through". With "Dolby Audio Convert" it played fine with no noise.

Reactions: DRC
Is it Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital+?
Sorry for the delay, but I checked.

I set the TV to bitstream.
1000006542.jpg
And FireTV stick 4k max (1st gen) to Dolby Digital plus.
65f5368c-9126-4393-9b10-4bb3b1927dff-1_all_6130.jpg

The result was no problem, and audio was output from Ultra. However, the volume is significantly lower than PCM. Also, there was no problem with the TV's bitstream setting set to digital through in this test. (It may have been the optical output that caused the problem.)

<FireTV audio output display>
1000006540.jpg

<Screen display during playback>
1000006541.jpg

🙂

Thanks. I am not sure that this conclusively shows that the output is Dolby Digital Plus, which is Enhanced AC3, rather than Dolby Digital, which is AC3.

Sorry for the delay, but I checked.

I set the TV to bitstream.
View attachment 9639
And FireTV stick 4k max (1st gen) to Dolby Digital plus.
View attachment 9640

The result was no problem, and audio was output from Ultra. However, the volume is significantly lower than PCM. Also, there was no problem with the TV's bitstream setting set to digital through in this test. (It may have been the optical output that caused the problem.)

<FireTV audio output display>
View attachment 9643

<Screen display during playback>
View attachment 9642

🙂

Check your TV colour tempeture, it looks too blue.

Back