WiiM Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated on 5/25/2024

Check out this fuller thread about our official announcement of the WiiM Ultra - https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/meet-wiim-ultra-the-digital-hub-for-your-music.3487/

Updated on 4/19/2024

Hi Team,

We're excited to give you a sneak peek at the WiiM Ultra, your future go-to digital hub for all things music! We're putting the final touches on this innovative product and are on track for a Q2 release. Stay tuned for more updates as we gear up for launch!

1713556429155.png
1713556558651.png

Original message by Brantome:
As mentioned in a user reply from the WiiM/Linkplay CEO on the WiiM Fan Page on Facebook, WiiM are developing a new device called the WiiM Ultra which will have a screen, aluminium case and USB audio output. It should be available Q2 2024, so a good five to six months away.

Guess @Smartplug is due a prize (e.g. I'll lay off gently ribbing them about their constant 'when' questions) as I think they first suggested that name a while ago ;):ROFLMAO:

That's the entirety of the information I have, but WiiM do say they'll release more details in due course.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm concerned that

- Darko missed USB when he ran down the list of output options. He's human but isn't known for his mistakes. Please tell me it really was a miss.

- the room correction requires an iPhone. I get that there needs to be some standardization but it leaves calibrated mic owners wondering if that was completely necessary. Not good (for me).

- "the Ultra’s operating system effectively ports (parts of) the Wiim Home smartphone app". Not sure how I feel about 'parts of'. Was thinking this would be 'all of' and then some. What's missing?

Without an iPhone, turntable, need for a headphone amp sitting six plus feet away, the desire to 'hi-fi' my TV audio, I'm scrambling for justification to maybe get USB out capability for $329 when I already have a Pro.

All I want is a WiiM streamer that I can also attach external media to to play local files too. This is my only option right? (I already have an amp with a good phono stage). I was all set to grab the WiiM Pro Plus, especially with the AKM DAC, until I noticed there was no USB input option.

If the company is offering discounts for that service, sure. Some companies even send free products out to people to encourage the market. However unless WiiM has said to you "Provide feedback for reward" any such scheme is strictly off the table.

WiiM is a great company making disruptor products, if any of our posts help them succeed in achieving this goal, that to me, is reward enough.
I don't agree with you, but hey, they are different points of view. I understand that marketing is not an exact science. Many brands of different products use tools to penetrate the market. They do not necessarily have to guarantee that they will reward those who give their opinion.

I sometimes doubt my own memory, but haven’t WiiM been clear that the phono input is both MM and MC?

Darko (to me fair to him, like so many others) only lists MM.

Yeah, specs in the Ultra Q&A spreadsheet. It’s clear many reviewers take only a helicopter view and don’t have the time or inclination to search out more detailed info such as discussed here and in other forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back