Firmware 5.2.625555. Any update notes?

Longfellow78

I got a new firmware update today. I don't see anything about it?
Still waiting on being able to select USB device as an input.
Any hope of being able to navigate the screen menus left and right with the forward and backward button when music is not playing?
Thanks.

I got a new firmware update today. I don't see anything about it?
Still waiting on being able to select USB device as an input.
Any hope of being able to navigate the screen menus left and right with the forward and backward button when music is not playing?
Thanks.
Usually the release notes appear before and after the update. Did you miss it? Please take a screenshot next time. 🙂

It may take a little while for the support team to notify us of updates here.

Usually the release notes appear before and after the update. Did you miss it? Please take a screenshot next time. 🙂

It may take a little while for the support team to notify us of updates here.
Oh I didn't notice! I just saw update and said omg yes. Do they do a staggered roller out? I presume you didn't get it yet then?

Oh I didn't notice! I just saw update and said omg yes. Do they do a staggered roller out? I presume you didn't get it yet then?
Yes, it is not a simultaneous update. I have the beta firmware and probably will not be updated.

But it won't happen, only the output is possible.
I think the request is ambiguous: it could simply be a request to set the Ultra’s input on the touchscreen to USB to access the usb drive as happens in the app along with the other common inputs like optical, phono etc. However, it might have little point on the touchscreen as that doesn’t have the ability to access the usb drive content as happens with the app, nor do I think that’s necessarily feasible or desirable on a screen that small.

On the other hand, it might be a request for USB Audio in which WiiM already state in their Ultra FAQ isn’t available, and as you say, might never happen due to hardware limitations.

So I guess either way it’s a no.

I think the request is ambiguous: it could simply be a request to set the Ultra’s input on the touchscreen to USB to access the usb drive as happens in the app along with the other common inputs like optical, phono etc. However, it might have little point on the touchscreen as that doesn’t have the ability to access the usb drive content as happens with the app, nor do I think that’s necessarily feasible or desirable on a screen that small.

On the other hand, it might be a request for USB Audio in which WiiM already state in their Ultra FAQ isn’t available, and as you say, might never happen due to hardware limitations.

Ok, maybe I simply misunderstood the request. I agree with your explanation anyway.

Because acting as the USB dac requires different hardware support.
I don't think we are talking about the same thing. I mean you can select the usb storage device as in from the app. I'm using a 128gb USB. I'm asking to be able to select it as the source from the screen instead if only via the app

I don't think we are talking about the same thing. I mean you can select the usb storage device as in from the app. I'm using a 128gb USB. I'm asking to be able to select it as the source from the screen instead if only via the app
Now it's clear for me that you meant selecting the USB drive.

Yes I meant the first one. I have no idea about technical requirements. I'm sure I saw on some thresd they said they were looking at this but I may have been wrong.

Anyway if anyone else gets the update don't do like me and just click yes if it has notes. See what it does! Haha

Anyway if anyone else gets the update don't do like me and just click yes if it has notes. See what it does! Haha
Since there is no official announcement yet it is very likely a beta firmware to address one or more of the issues you (and potentially others) have been reporting to WiiM by sending feedback.

It's pretty common for WiiM to roll out new firmware releases to those with specific issues first and than either release it to the public or contain the fixes in the next regular updates. And yes, firmware updates are done in waves.

Yup. But Burnside says not possible.
Not from the screen no, but yes from the app. There’s be little point in selecting it from the screen as that doesn’t (yet?) support browsing the contents of the usb drive. To be honest, I think it’s strange to select it as an input as it seems more at home under Home Music Share as a resource for all your WiiM devices, but I guess that’s semantics

Back