WiiM Ultra Firmware v5.2.625032 Update - Aug 2, 2024

I got the update this morning and the Ultra appears in Roon Ready !!! But when I went to play, the 12V trigger had my amp off. I rebooted the WiiM and all was well.

Update Now Roon Ready !!! Now test and compare Cambridge CXN V2

Attachments

• IMG_6598.png
    IMG_6598.png
    295.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6603.jpeg
    IMG_6603.jpeg
    666.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
This has probably been answered to death, but can the ultra emulate a NAS, using the USB drive?

Specifically, SMB.

Last edited:
This has probably been answered to death, but can the ultra emulate a NAS, using the USB drive?

Specifically, SMB.
The Ultra's USB connected scanned music does show up for use on other Wiims devices. I've just confirmed that my Pro Plus can see and use the Ultra's attached storage music.

The Ultra's USB connected scanned music does show up for use on other Wiims devices. I've just confirmed that my Pro Plus can see and use the Ultra's attached storage music.

That's pretty cool, so it's acting as a host device.

Thats what it looks like. Nothing else on my network can see it, hence looks like its limited to just WiiM to WiiM connectivity.
No, it isn't. Check your network settings if there is any form of isolation in place.

I can see the DLNA server running on my WiiM Amp and on my WiiM Ultra e.g. on my Lyngdorf. No problem playing completely different songs from one of the WiiMs on the other clients.

You could try clients like BubbleUPNP or Hi-Fi Cast (if you are on Android) to check if the DLNA server shows up on your phone.

No, it isn't. Check your network settings if there is any form of isolation in place.

I can see the DLNA server running on my WiiM Amp and on my WiiM Ultra e.g. on my Lyngdorf. No problem playing completely different songs from one of the WiiMs on the other clients.

You could try clients like BubbleUPNP or Hi-Fi Cast (if you are on Android) to check if the DLNA server shows up on your phone.
Thanks for confirming. Now time for a little network sleuthing.

MIne update finally dropped!

@Abdo - Hope the Roon setup works well for you.
Thank you, for now I'm leaving it on permanently to test connectivity, if it doesn't stop in the middle of playback, etc...
For now it's been running for over 12 hours without any problems.
Then I'll do listening tests, using AB, I know a lot of people criticize this type of test, but for me it's what works... they're the ones my ears like and that's it.
I'm also interested in testing the WiiM's Phono input compared to the input of the 30-year-old MC 6800.
Thank you.

Hello,

I've noticed a small bug with the display of a radio station image on the screen. After a while the image disappears from the screen and the screen remains blue. No problem with the album image. Thanks in advance.

Back