WiiM Ultra Firmware v5.2.625032 Update - Aug 2, 2024

Has anyone been able to see the latest firmware Per-channel PEQ on the Android version of the app?

I have the beta firmware so can't check that.
Thank you.

Yes, I have.
I'm starting to suspect that my update is strange, because I haven't been able to do it yet. I'm starting to imagine that the schedule was released by region, like North America, Europe, Asia... I'm in Brazil, Latin America, since the product isn't even available here yet and I bought it in Miami, but I'm in Brazil... they'll leave it for the last one...

I'm starting to suspect that my update is strange, because I haven't been able to do it yet. I'm starting to imagine that the schedule was released by region, like North America, Europe, Asia... I'm in Brazil, Latin America, since the product isn't even available here yet and I bought it in Miami, but I'm in Brazil... they'll leave it for the last one...
It is common for there to be a delay of about two days after someone first gets it.
After 72 hours, you should be a little worried. 🙂

This seems to be WiiMs process, they don’t update all units at the same time, it can take some days before you get the update.

It takes a day or two. Mine hasn’t updated yet either.

I’m much more interested on the next enhancement of rc which wiim stated to be coming soon. Auto phase, auto level, auto crossover on sub and individual channel peq. I heard node is adding Dirac room correction just wondering if it’s free update or not.

I’m much more interested on the next enhancement of rc which wiim stated to be coming soon. Auto phase, auto level, auto crossover on sub and individual channel peq. I heard node is adding Dirac room correction just wondering if it’s free update or not.
I'm looking forward to the RC update that does the subwoofer. Given the WiiM Amp already has this RC feature, should be a super easy SW port for them, so hopefully next update or two...still waiting for the current one to "drop" or whatever it does :sleep:

Please review the WiiM Ultra update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

5.2.625032 (In Progress)

Release date:
8 / 2 / 2024

What's New:
  1. Roon Ready: Official Roon Ready certification achieved, enhancing audio integration and performance.
    Note: Should the WiiM Ultra not appear as 'Roon Ready' in the Roon app, please restart the app for accurate display.
    View attachment 9814
  2. Per-Channel EQ: Set parametric EQ settings for left and right channels individually (requires app version 2.10.7 or later).
  3. USB Disk Manual Scan: Improved USB media library scanning process.
  4. DSD Playback Enhancement: Now supports playing DSD audio tracks in DFF format.
  5. Screen Display Enhancements: USB output is now shown on the Input screen for easier control.
  6. USB Output Behavior: Device remains in USB Output mode when a USB sound card is connected.
Bug Fixes:
  1. Pop Noise Fix: Reduced pop noise for Spotify Connect and TIDAL Connect.
  2. General Improvements: Various bug fixes and performance enhancements for a smoother experience.

Is the DSD playback limited only to DFF files? I think the more commonly used file format for DSD is DSF, which supports both metadata and album art.

Doesn't it already play DSF files?

I'm not sure, I don't yet have an Ultra, but I thought to date that WiiM had only provided a feature that transcoded DSD to PCM on the Pro Plus. Presumably it was compatible with DSF files, but they were transcoded on-the-fly. I'm thinking this recent feature added to the Ultra is the first it can play any DSD, but again I'm not entirely sure since I don't yet have one in hand.

I'm not sure, I don't yet have an Ultra, but I thought to date that WiiM had only provided a feature that transcoded DSD to PCM on the Pro Plus. Presumably it was compatible with DSF files, but they were transcoded on-the-fly. I'm thinking this recent feature added to the Ultra is the first it can play any DSD, but again I'm not entirely sure since I don't yet have one in hand.
I think it might be the same on the Ultra, transcoded to PCM.

Is the DSD playback limited only to DFF files? I think the more commonly used file format for DSD is DSF, which supports both metadata and album art.
We are excited to announce that our latest update now supports both DFF and DSF formats. We encourage you to give it a try and share your experience with us. If you encounter any issues, please don’t hesitate to submit a ticket. Thank you for your support!

Back