WiiM Ultra Firmware v5.2.624365 Update - Jul 26, 2024

Isn't that one of the features that also requires a new WiiM Home app version?
Hi harkpabst, team

As the release note stated, the screen-off option only works in standby mode. We'll add the standalone trigger for screen off in a future update. Thank you for your feedback.

"3) Option to turn off screen display in standby mode (requires app version 2.10.7)."

Not that there's anything wrong with the DAC on the Ultra, I think it sounds terrific, but I would like to try attaching a DAC to it so I could run balanced XLR out to my V3 mono blocks that just arrived.

How does the USB sub out work?
There is no USB sub out.

Now everyone can try digital USB out to an external DAC. Choose the USB output on the app (not yet on the screen).

1) Screen now turns off/on with the remote's power button.

How can I toggle the screen on/off?

In my experience, pressing the power button on the remote control only turns standby on/off.

Also, how can standby be turned on/off if this feature is enabled?🤔

How can I toggle the screen on/off?

In my experience, pressing the power button on the remote control only turns standby on/off.

Also, how can standby be turned on/off if this feature is enabled?🤔
Don't know how you've got yours set up, but pressing the power button on the remote does indeed tutn my screen off / on.
Previously it seemed like it didn't do anything at all!

Don't know how you've got yours set up, but pressing the power button on the remote does indeed tutn my screen off / on.
Previously it seemed like it didn't do anything at all!
Yes, so the screen disappears almost as soon as the power button is pressed and standby on. But is this an updated feature?

I thought it was a feature to turn on/off the "Screen Display" in the screen settings. I guess I am mistaken, but the explanation is confusing. 😞

Hi harkpabst, team

As the release note stated, the screen-off option only works in standby mode. We'll add the standalone trigger for screen off in a future update. Thank you for your feedback.

"3) Option to turn off screen display in standby mode (requires app version 2.10.7)."
Ah, yes, 2.10.7 is the current WiiM Home version for Android, already.

I'm still on the 2.10.6 beta "Room Correction for Android". Don't know about @adias . Downloading firmware v5.2.624365 right now.

Ticket No.508301

With the new firmware for the Ultra, the screen turns off as soon as I put it into standby with the remote's power button. However, the clock will not be able to be displayed during standby.

If the "Turn Off Screen in Standby Mode" setting in the WHA screen settings is off, the clock must still be displayed during standby. However, when I press the power button on the remote, the screen disappears and the clock is not displayed after that.

Ticket No.508301

With the new firmware for the Ultra, the screen turns off as soon as I put it into standby with the remote's power button. However, the clock will not be able to be displayed during standby.

If the "Turn Off Screen in Standby Mode" setting in the WHA screen settings is off, the clock must still be displayed during standby. However, when I press the power button on the remote, the screen disappears and the clock is not displayed after that.
I think this should be optional. IE the settings should allow the user to choose what to display in standby: off or clock. I personally would prefer the screen completely off. I might have a guest sleeping in that room and wouldn't want the light pollution for example.

I think this should be optional. IE the settings should allow the user to choose what to display in standby: off or clock. I personally would prefer the screen completely off. I might have a guest sleeping in that room and wouldn't want the light pollution for example.
Yes, that feature is already in place.🙂

The "Turn Off Screen in Standby Mode" setting in the WHA screen settings.

If this setting is turned on, the screen will be off during standby.

I am referring to the problem that the clock, which should be displayed when this setting is off, disappears with the power button on the remote.

Yes, that feature is already in place.🙂

The "Turn Off Screen in Standby Mode" setting in the WHA screen settings.

If this setting is turned on, the screen will be off during standby.

I am referring to the problem that the clock, which should be displayed when this setting is off, disappears with the power button on the remote.
Oh I see ! Sorry for the misunderstanding

Not that there's anything wrong with the DAC on the Ultra, I think it sounds terrific, but I would like to try attaching a DAC to it so I could run balanced XLR out to my V3 mono blocks that just arrived.

How does the USB sub out work?
For the last few years I had balanced output to my amp from my Gustard DAC and had the sub wired in parallel from high level speaker terminals. But skipping a preamp occasionally brought forth distortion problems (as my volume control was with the DAC or with Roon) with the lower voltage of the DAC (compared to a preamp) on high dynamic range recordings like Tubular Bells. I was pleasantly surprised when I played the same recording with the Ultra. It was like a new day. I didn’t know what I was missing. In my case - I’m sticking with the unbalanced out to the mains amp and low level sub.

From my tests it appears that there is really only one problem: Pressing the power button on the remote does not obey the setting "Turn Off Screen in Standby Mode". It always turns the screen off.

Auto standby works as expected. It either displays the clock (option disabled) or turns off the screen (option enabled).

And let me repeat one more time that you do need WiiM Home version 2.10.7 or higher to enable or disable "Turn Off Screen in Standby Mode". Older versions may be able to display this option but not to change it.

Last edited:
From my tests it appears that there is really only one problem: Pressing the power button on the remote does not obey the setting "Turn Off Screen in Standby Mode". It always turns the screen off.

Auto standby works as expected. It either displays the clock (option disabled) or turns off the screen (option enabled).

Andlet me repeat one more time that you do need WiiM Home version 2.10.7 or higher to enable or disable "Turn Off Screen in Standby Mode". Older versions may be able to display this option but not to change it.
Yes, that is exactly what I meant.🤗
Perhaps I explained it poorly.

Yes, that is exactly what I meant.🤗
Perhaps I explained it poorly.
Just after I reported this as a bug through the feedback form I'm staztonghink if it might be a cool feature. 😂

You want the screen to be off? Hit the button on the remote.
You want the clock being displayed? Just let the Ultra go into standby on its own.

I can't think of any configuration that would make this decision easier to accomplish. 🥳

Just after I reported this as a bug through the feedback form I'm staztonghink if it might be a cool feature. 😂

You want the screen to be off? Hit the button on the remote.
You want the clock being displayed? Just let the Ultra go into standby on its own.

I can't think of any configuration that would make this decision easier to accomplish. 🥳

I was thinking the same thing as you later.😳
Exactly, this may be a miracle borne of a bug. In other words, should I destroy the ticket. 😂
@WiiM Support, @WiiMTeam,

Ticket No.508301

Off is off, no display, no clock.

For the last few years I had balanced output to my amp from my Gustard DAC and had the sub wired in parallel from high level speaker terminals. But skipping a preamp occasionally brought forth distortion problems (as my volume control was with the DAC or with Roon) with the lower voltage of the DAC (compared to a preamp) on high dynamic range recordings like Tubular Bells. I was pleasantly surprised when I played the same recording with the Ultra. It was like a new day. I didn’t know what I was missing. In my case - I’m sticking with the unbalanced out to the mains amp and low level sub.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

I'll play around with things, that's part of the fun, but if I can get away with using the Ultra as a preamp/DAC/streamer without additional components, that would be ideal (y)

I updated my Ultra and WiiM Home app to the latest and greatest and have been testing the Ultra playback with Amazon Music Unlimited which had been stopping or not playing at all, often with no recovery.

It's not completely fixed, it still got stuck a few times BUT unlike previously, after some number of seconds, it recovered and continued playing. Previously, it would simply go into limbo, with the Ultra/Home app indicating that music was playing, although no time was accumulating as it had stopped, or was stuck. If you played the same music straight from a phone on the Amazon Music app on the same network, same location, it would play flawlessly.

It seems that WiiM support has mostly resolved the Amazon Music playback issue that some of us were having, although perhaps it could be optimized further? Overall it's light years ahead of where it was prior to the SW update.

Thanks WiiM support for taking the heat, and the quick turn-around on the SW patch which has significantly improved Amazon Music playback stability. The Ultra sounds great, hopefully WiiM support will further optimize the Amazon Music playback to further enhance the overall user experience.

Casting, a crucial WiiM function, needs to be addressed and WiiM is working on it.

Back