Google Cast speaker doesn't see Spotify Connect streams

gurmukh

Coming from a Bose speaker, I'm really impressed with the quality of the Wiim, it's responsive, the app is better and for the most part, it just works.

That being said, there's one feature that I'm missing and that is the ability to ask Google to stop playing music if the current stream is via Spotify Connect.

For example:

- start music playback via Spotify connect
- open Google home and see that the Wiim device is shown as "not playing".
- open the Wiim app, music is playing and can be controlled.
- ask Google to stop music (fails)

Would it be possible to ensure the Google Cast speaker knows about all playback on the Wiim? This would ensure reliable control via Google Assistant.

Coming from a Bose speaker, I'm really impressed with the quality of the Wiim, it's responsive, the app is better and for the most part, it just works.

That being said, there's one feature that I'm missing and that is the ability to ask Google to stop playing music if the current stream is via Spotify Connect.

For example:

- start music playback via Spotify connect
- open Google home and see that the Wiim device is shown as "not playing".
- open the Wiim app, music is playing and can be controlled.
- ask Google to stop music (fails)

Would it be possible to ensure the Google Cast speaker knows about all playback on the Wiim? This would ensure reliable control via Google Assistant.
Hi,

I remember being able to do that when I tested it on my Google home mini before.

Are you connecting to your WiiM with Google Cast instead of Spotify Connect?
Can you try connecting to Spotify Connect again?

Your WiiM may need to be in a room group in Google home. Then you should be able to stop the music with "Stop room music".

Definitely connecting with Spotify Connect.

Google Cast speaker in Google Home app doesn't reflect the speaker as playing music.

Back