How to use RC ?

If you care about hi fi and you are on a budget should take a look at these kali in8 v2 and later add a sub ( kali ws12)
Why buy studio equipment for home? This is unnecessary inconvenience.

Most studio monitors produce background noise when there is no signal, plus there is no digital input (which is always better than analog)

Ah OK can you force it to use HS Q filters for the curve matching since it always seems to use fixed Q (without telling you what the Q is)?
Can't remember from the top of my head. I will have to look up if and what data I stored to disk the last time.

Trying to be helpful and I appreciate the attached probably has way too much detail, but if you look at the graph your Polk T15 already start to roll off at 100Hz and have a big dip in the 3-6k range. So I’d suggest you are more realistic and look at low of 90Hz to 4-6Khz range see how that works, the speakers cannot handle corrections down to 40Hz.

As another member mentioned, to be honest for a 40Sqm room you are asking a lot.

I tried the RC feature 2 more times, adjusting the settings from 60hz to 4khz as the manual indicates and changed the target curve to Harman, and results are much, much better! I actually kept this new curve which provides much wider range, better bass and doesn`t kill the treble like the previous exercises. :). Considering my very open living room and my entry level speakers, this is a considerable upgrade. thanks for the Forum members for your patience and wise suggestions.

I tried the RC feature 2 more times, adjusting the settings from 60hz to 4khz as the manual indicates and changed the target curve to Harman, and results are much, much better! I actually kept this new curve which provides much wider range, better bass and doesn`t kill the treble like the previous exercises. :). Considering my very open living room and my entry level speakers, this is a considerable upgrade. thanks for the Forum members for your patience and wise suggestions.
Thanks for the friendly feedback! 👍🏻☺️

Observations from the sideline (since I remain in a purely Android household):
  1. Every post (or at least those with odd graphs) should be asked: How did you orient your phone?? The main microphone on all modern iPhones is on the bottom beside the Charging Port. So, shouldn't one be holding the phone glass-up with top pointed at your chin and bottom pointed at the center between the speakers?? Not even WiiM's Room Correction FAQ shows this...
  2. The same FAQ reminds user to take Phone Case off (but should list this in ALLCAPS).
  3. For iPads, all bets are off...

1. Every post (or at least those with odd graphs) should be asked: How did you orient your phone?? The main microphone on all modern iPhones is on the bottom beside the Charging Port. So, shouldn't one be holding the phone glass-up with top pointed at your chin and bottom pointed at the center between the speakers?? Not even WiiM's Room Correction FAQ shows this...
  2. The same FAQ reminds user to take Phone Case off (but should list this in ALLCAPS).
Until WiiM provides the ability to connect a normal omnidirectional measuring microphone, you will continue to struggle with the orientation of the phone, all these endless questions about cases and other nonsense

If you do RC it shows you in the process what and how you should do it…

If you do RC it shows you in the process what and how you should do it…

Probably a good idea to use a clamp tripod, not holding phone/tablet with your hands, to get your body interactions out of the way of measurements.

Why? Your body is there when you listen (albeit not clamped ;) ) , surely measuring its impact is important?

afiak the body can interfere with microphone reading heartbeart etc? I noticed slight difference with a spl meter a while back so I just used a tripod.

Could be verified with tripod/human frequency response...

It depends on the phone, for example for iPhones 12 or later they also have mics at the top of the top of the screen so for these you can hold the phone any way you like.

Why? Your body is there when you listen (albeit not clamped ;) ) , surely measuring its impact is important?
It makes a big difference from my experience, readings using locked off mic with me out of the way made a big difference to how it measured and how it sounded after correcting. With me out of the picture better all round.

It makes a big difference from my experience, readings using locked off mic with me out of the way made a big difference to how it measured and how it sounded after correcting. With me out of the picture better all round.
Someone must have answered this already, but are you supposed to move the phone/mic around to multiple points?

Someone must have answered this already, but are you supposed to move the phone/mic around to multiple points?
Yes not sure what the Wiim one does as I have not used it as it’s in a room I don’t use a lot but I use RC via other means and it’s always multiple readings to get a more balanced view of the room. You should take measurments from a number of different locations around the sweet spot usually basing it on a cube. Main listening position first then rest at same distance around it if possible. Dirac asks for about 9 but you can get away with less. I usually do 6.

Back