Issues with the LS and HS in PEQ?

Late to the party but I will only say that variable Q using shelving filtering is one of the best options in the WiiM streamers !:)

Dont take away the opportunity for high Q values when using shelving !

You can easily use this dsp to make the bass much better from your speakers .

Read more here :

Late to the party but I will only say that variable Q using shelving filtering is one of the best options in the WiiM streamers !:)

Read more here :

thank you for this super document...
(damn language barrier)

Read more here :

To me, overshoot is simply an accident, not a superior feature. I don't agree with your method at all because I have experienced terrible distortions, but I enjoy the fact that everyone has their own methodology. 😃

To me, overshoot is simply an accident, not a superior feature. I don't agree with your method at all because I have experienced terrible distortions, but I enjoy the fact that everyone has their own methodology. 😃
Its not my method, its professional loudspeaker builders that use it when developing modern active speakers.
I guess you havent read the document ? Its a variant of Linkwitz transformer for ported loudspeakers . Here it is again:

How is that different to entering Frequency, Gain and Q?
A biquad (IIR filter) requires 6 coefficients (5 if normalized). Depending on the filter type, it can be used for low-pass, high-pass, all-pass, notch, peak, low-shelf, high-shelf and etc. If WiiM allows these filter types other than those already implemented, that is another way. One can use combination of biquads to increase crossover slopes for example.

Back