My Ultra tests

You do a little false all I'm afraid .. a "plus" and its AKM will be around '113-114db' in SINAD 1K with its 5534 output (for -115db it seems ultra). it is first due to the limits of these chip akm and ess ...;-)

in the case of the "plus" these 5534 (which has equipped most of the pro machines from the 1980s until very very recamation..) we can imagine that for a cost story....
(will become sensitive by cascading these output AOPs....otherwise on just a 5534 facing a 1611...you risk being disappointed by the differences observed on just a sinad 1k )
;-)
Canard : CMMR is the ability to supress noise from the power supply - its not a complete description of a streamers SINAD performance .

A ne5532 will show very good results with a noise free powersupply , almost as good as an opa 1612 with the same supply. In this case a high CMMR doesnt matter.

But with a bad powersupply - the opa1612 will show a 20 dB better result than the ne5532.

So it’s the conditions you’re testing, not the device.
No. It's a device under some test conditions.
What's the difference if test conditions looks like full audio volume applied for a typical sinad test?

If I get a low-powered amp and try to get it to drive in efficient speakers, I’ll get distortion.
Really? Could you please explain it?

You’re constantly trying to test things in situations for which they weren't designed, and/or won’t be used in, to produce results which you feel are relevant, just because they show any difference at all.
Well, I really think that changing the volume is a common usage scenario. BTW, do you think that using a full scale single sine signal is similar to common listening conditions in the real life?

Once again, just because you can measure it, doesn’t mean you can hear it.
But you did look at the sinad values of the provided examples, right? Could you please comment it in terms of the potential audibility?

If two people do the tests based solely on your list, they would probably get different results just because they would interpret the test list differently. Details matter.

That's why I do not talk about the validity of tests in medicine or airplanes industry.
You never fly or take medicines?

You use them, but don’t feel you can justify doing so by simply saying “They’ve been tested by experts, and the tests peer reviewed and found to be correct”?

That’s little short of bizarre.

You’re implying that either you don’t take medicines or fly on planes, or that you do, but have no confidence in their safety as you’ve not tested them yourself.

Your initial point clearly implies that anyone who is not expert in a field can have no confidence in those who are.

in any case...thanks to the measures for allowing us to observe what seems a real problem on the ultra, "this ultra"..and it's ironic that some here claiming "transparency" don't realize it...ca tends to prove that this is still a "cultural" ;-)

in any case...thanks to the measures for allowing us to observe what seems a real problem on the ultra, "this ultra"..and it's ironic that some here claiming "transparency" don't realize it...ca tends to prove that this is still a "cultural" ;-)

Who’s claiming the Ultra is transparent?

May be @Steve Woodhouse could jump in? He seems extremely knowledgable and I would highly appreciate to see his measurement results 😇

Sorry, once more for the hard of understanding. I’ve only said this a dozen times, but I appreciate some aren’t…significantly cognitively robust to get it the first time, so here we go again.

I’m presuming the Ultra will measure well, but I’m waiting for a respected, knowledgeable and expert reviewer to check it out first.

I do not measure myself, in the same way I don’t run clinical trials on all the medicines I take. Best left to the experts.

If you’d like me to repeat this again, I don’t mind. I’m quite used to it, after spending 25 years in secondary education, working with a range of abilities.

Best wishes. ;)

Range of frequency response, deviations from frequency response, distortion, noise, dynamic range.

As I’ve said before, the limits of these are well-documented. I ain’t doing your donkey work for you.
No, RFi can also destroy the sound in the analog stage .
You can read any DIY amplifier cookbook or :

Audible? Measurements by a professional?
Maybe something thats easy to make a small bit better ? Onlyoneme used a LPF and the results became even better .

As it is , its measures about as good as a Linn klimax katalyst , but maybe not quiet as good as an Eversolo dmp a8 ?

Maybe something thats easy to make a small bit better ? Onlyoneme used a LPF and the results became even better .
no...they just become normal for this kind of approaches-type of chip ess etc... we had this kind of thing in the case of the plus, become normal consistent with version 2..

in the case of l ultra an even more obvious and serious problem...

let's see the rest of onlyoneme's measures....if all this does not discourage her...

Last edited:
Back