No signal from subwoofer output

Got a new Sub and it’s working fine. Issue was the Sony Sub. Have no idea what’s wrong. It was turning on fine. No sound though

Thank you everyone
It was good.😄
How about removing the Sony's speaker unit and checking the cable?

Which cable ? The sub ?
yes. In rare cases, the cable connected to the SW driver may come loose. (For used items)

Screenshot_2024-05-17-16-39-50-107_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

You can also check if the driver is broken by connecting another speaker cable to the driver and connecting it to the WiiM amp's speaker terminal.

yes. In rare cases, the cable connected to the SW driver may come loose. (For used items)

View attachment 7172

You can also check if the driver is broken by connecting another speaker cable to the driver and connecting it to the WiiM amp's speaker terminal.
Looks like I’m going to do this. Assholes from Amazon refused to support it because it’s an international shipping.

Looks like I’m going to do this. Assholes from Amazon refused to support it because it’s an international shipping.
That doesn't sound right. I just looked on the US website and they ship it to the UK and accept returns.

And it's Amazon policy if it's defective (and the law in most countries). You need to escalate this
I bought something recently which when it arrived turned out to be the wrong item. The price and description were for 8 x 50g packs and only one 50g pack arrived. When I tried to return it the automatic system told me I couldn't return it (third party seller). You then go round in circles between Amazon and the third party seller. I finally contacted Amazon by Chat and managed to get a refund that way. They didn't even want me to return the item 😀

Shipped from Amazon?
In that case, can you return the product from the order history?

Edit ;

Oh, it's different because it's international shipping...

Last edited:
How do I escalate it ? Spoke to Amazon customer service. They asked me to return it but they can’t pick it up. Now cost to send it back to US is 1000$ , they said they will cover only 150$. They want me to pay 850$ to return a 240$ defective sub

How do I escalate it ? Spoke to Amazon customer service. They asked me to return it but they can’t pick it up. Now cost to send it back to US is 1000$ , they said they will cover only 150$. They want me to pay 850$ to return a 240$ defective sub
Since it doesn't work they should refund you and let you keep it. If they aren't prepared to accept overseas returns without expecting you to pay exorbitant costs for shipping they shouldn't be selling them.

They are apparently trying to apply the policy for an unwanted item return... It's defective, they should refund you. Ask them to escalate, they have processes for that

I have this problem from time to time and I notice that it's only when I'm playing through Chromecast. If I switch to Airplay I get the subwoofer back. And then usually if I switch back to chromecast the subwoofer starts again.

This is not a problem with there not being a strong enough signal to the subwoofer so it's not turning on. It's got power and if I touch the RCA plug to the connector I get a buzz.

Another thing I notice is that when the subwoofer isn't working neither is the EQ. Perhaps the digital processing of the CC signal gets broken somehow and switching back and forth somehow reenables it.
Wanted to reply here to mention that I have the same issue when playing music with Chromecast built-in: I also have no sub signal being sent via sub out. Alternating to Bluetooth or other Wi-Fi source will restore subwoofer signal and then music via Chromecast will have the sub signal being sent. Rebooting the WiiM amp seems to disable the sub signal on Chromecast built-in and the process starts all over again.

Wanted to reply here to mention that I have the same issue when playing music with Chromecast built-in: I also have no sub signal being sent via sub out. Alternating to Bluetooth or other Wi-Fi source will restore subwoofer signal and then music via Chromecast will have the sub signal being sent. Rebooting the WiiM amp seems to disable the sub signal on Chromecast built-in and the process starts all over again.
As always: Make sure to send feedback through the WiiM Home app immediately after the problem arises. The device logs will be included and might help in identifying the root cause.

If you want to receive a personal reply on your ticket reply to the email sent by the ticket system.

As always: Make sure to send feedback through the WiiM Home app immediately after the problem arises. The device logs will be included and might help in identifying the root cause.

If you want to receive a personal reply on your ticket reply to the email sent by the ticket system.
Thanks. I already submitted feedback like you suggested, but sharing for the good of the group.

We've specially deployed a new firmware update for your WiiM Amp. We recommend that you update your device to this special firmware version(5.0.618558) and then check to see if the problem still persists.

Will update, test sub output via Chromecast built-in, and report.

Back