No sound via Line out

Welsheyboy

Set up Pro Plus for the first time today. It's streaming Amazon music ok via the app. I get sound into an amplifier via 'Optical Out', but I don't get any sound into an amplifier via 'Line Out'. I have checked the app settings to make sure 'Line Out' is selected, but can't hear anything. I have checked various forums and FAQs, but cannot find an answer to this problem. I have tried swapping the wires into different input sockets in the amplifier, none of which produced any sound. The CD player connected to the amplifier works perfectly so, knowing that, I disconnected the CD player and plugged the Wiim in its place so I know it's not the interconnect wires or the amplifier.

I've also tried rebooting and resetting to factory default and that makes no difference.

Any ideas?

Time to raise a ticket to WiiM then via the settings/feedback section in the app so they can inspect your logs for clues.

Thanks Brantome - I've already done that, so here's hoping they can do something about it! Thanks again.
Hi,
Could you post the following photos here?
Maybe we can find some clues.

Back panel of the WiiM device
Back panel of the amplifier
Audio settings and audio output screen of the WiiM home app

Here are screen shots of the app settings and the back of the Wiim and the Amp (which is a Roksan K3 Integrated Amp).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240718_191136_com.linkplay.wiimhome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240718_191136_com.linkplay.wiimhome.jpg
    681.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20240718_191118_com.linkplay.wiimhome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240718_191118_com.linkplay.wiimhome.jpg
    584.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20240718_191111_com.linkplay.wiimhome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240718_191111_com.linkplay.wiimhome.jpg
    646.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20240718_191057_com.linkplay.wiimhome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240718_191057_com.linkplay.wiimhome.jpg
    429.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20240718_190821.jpg
    IMG_20240718_190821.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20240718_190239.jpg
    IMG_20240718_190239.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 30
Here are screen shots of the app settings and the back of the Wiim and the Amp (which is a Roksan K3 Integrated Amp).

Thanks.

Please try setting the "Line Out Level" in the audio settings to 200mVrms and see what happens. (Gradually turn up the volume on the amplifier once the music is played.)

Also, this may not be related to the no sound issue, but are the RCA plugs connected to the amp reversed? It looks like you need to stick the red (right) one down. (Sorry if I'm wrong.)

Hi - tried it at 200mVrms and it made no difference. In fact I've tried all those settings and no sound via any of them. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Thanks Wiimer.

Hi - tried it at 200mVrms and it made no difference. In fact I've tried all those settings and no sound via any of them. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Thanks Wiimer.
I can't figure out why there is no sound when the input selector on the amp is set to CD-in; when playing Amazon Music on the WiiM app, does the LED color on the WiiM device glow white?

Unfortunately I have no more ideas, so let's wait to hear from the Wiim team. Please let me know here if you find the cause.

My turn for a silly question...
What happens if you enable fixed volume?
i.e. is it at all possible that the volume for line out is somehow set to 0?

Last edited:
Set up Pro Plus for the first time today. It's streaming Amazon music ok via the app. I get sound into an amplifier via 'Optical Out', but I don't get any sound into an amplifier via 'Line Out'. I have checked the app settings to make sure 'Line Out' is selected, but can't hear anything. I have checked various forums and FAQs, but cannot find an answer to this problem. I have tried swapping the wires into different input sockets in the amplifier, none of which produced any sound. The CD player connected to the amplifier works perfectly so, knowing that, I disconnected the CD player and plugged the Wiim in its place so I know it's not the interconnect wires or the amplifier.

I've also tried rebooting and resetting to factory default and that makes no difference.

Any ideas?
Are you on right switch setting on amp? Let say you connect it on cd input did you select cd switch?

Any ideas?
Do you have another set of rca? Try another line input on your amp. If everything else failed, send message to wiim via app. They can tell you if you have defective unit.

Do you have another set of rca? Try another line input on your amp. If everything else failed, send message to wiim via app. They can tell you if you have defective unit.
Hi. I've tried it through all the available inputs on the amp, with two different sets of interconnects and no combo works in producing sound. The guys at WiiM have accepted that there's clearly a fault with the Line Out on the Pro Plus and are on the case for me. Thanks.

Hi. I've tried it through all the available inputs on the amp, with two different sets of interconnects and no combo works in producing sound. The guys at WiiM have accepted that there's clearly a fault with the Line Out on the Pro Plus and are on the case for me. Thanks.
If it’s a hardware issue hopefully they can organise a replacement.

On a side note: Did you enable MQA beta on purpose?

I don't think it's related (and in fact, enabling MQA beta also enables fixed output levels, which can lead to ... lets say ... unexpected results), but would still like to know. I really hope that this is a simple hardware defect and that you will receive a replacement unit. That's far better in my book then as if it would only work with some obscure settings, hidden so deep in the menus, that nobody of us is thinking about them.

Back