Popping/clicking when switching tracks

I only seem to get the pops when I manually change tracks. If there is a queue allowed to play, no pops as far as I can tell.
Thanks.

Yes, there is indeed a pop noise when moving the slider or pressing the skip button.

However, according to my experience, it can also occur when played through the phone's speakers. And there is a similar popping noise when Bluetooth headphones are connected to the phone and played.

My original ticket from a month ago is: 505176

I submitted more feedback as I am also still getting pops/clicks with YouTube Music while using Chromecast built-in.
Ticket: 506847
Hi VMoose22,

If you prefer, we can whitelist a firmware fix this week. Please help to check if it fixes the pop noise from Chromecast. Thank you!

I did some preliminary testing yesterday with beta firmware 5.0.622562 and did not hear any new pops/clicks with manual track changes or with normally queued music. I will do some more testing today on my second WiiM Amp.

I did some preliminary testing yesterday with beta firmware 5.0.622562 and did not hear any new pops/clicks with manual track changes or with normally queued music. I will do some more testing today on my second WiiM Amp.
Thank you very much for your test. Please keep us post.

Updated my AMP to v5.0.623437 today and want to give feedback.
The Pop Noise issues with Chromecast seem finally fixed completely, I did not hear the issue even when switching manual tracks and that's when the issue occured every time.

@WiiM Support:
MANY THANKS TO ALL OF YOUR TEAM!!!
You are amazing, you listen to customer feedback and provide fixes even for complicated issues.
Wiim is my Audio product to go for a long time now, I will purchase an AMP Pro next and recommend your products to all of my audiophile friends.
:)

Updated my AMP to v5.0.623437 today and want to give feedback.
The Pop Noise issues with Chromecast seem finally fixed completely, I did not hear the issue even when switching manual tracks and that's when the issue occured every time.

@WiiM Support:
MANY THANKS TO ALL OF YOUR TEAM!!!
You are amazing, you listen to customer feedback and provide fixes even for complicated issues.
Wiim is my Audio product to go for a long time now, I will purchase an AMP Pro next and recommend your products to all of my audiophile friends.
:)
Hi Amiibo, Team

Thank you very much for your patience and for helping us improve our products. Your support means a lot to me and our team. I wholeheartedly appreciate it.

Back