Pro Plus: Chromecast & Qobuz

When I Chromecast Qobuz to my WiiM, I started seeing 16 bit, 44.1khz as max Chromecast quality even though I have my Qobuz app set for 96/24. Is there a setting I messed up?

Where re you seeing 16/44.1? As far as I recall, the WiiM app no longer shows resolution when using Chromecast as it can’t rely on the info being accurate.

What output are you using on your WiiM and have you checked its resolution setting?

Within the wiim app, then within qobuz music service, have you set the quality?
iirc, there's a 3 line hamburger menu (top left?) where you can set it.

I think he refers to the screenshot in post #3.
Ok, I hadn’t scrolled back far enough.

After some initial investigation remote from my kit, there does seem to be an issue using Chromecast/Google cast and it now being limited to CD quality. I use an iPad most of the time and there’s no indication of this even when I try to limit streaming to CD quality in the Qobuz and WiiM app, but on reverting to my android phone, I see the display the OP gets. I don’t have any Chromecast compatible devices other than my WiiM devices so don’t know if it’s an issue with just them or with Qobuz and Chromecast in general. On going back to the iPad where that limit isn’t shown, it does however look like it also is restricted to CD quality, looking at the display on my amp. I’ll need to investigate this further later on, but I might raise a ticket to WiiM at least to see if it’s anything g at their end.

Using WiiM app I can get HiRes, but with not with Google Cast from Qobuz app
When you are casting from the Qobuz app, what resolution does it show playing on the Qobuz app now playing screen? Even though the selected device legend shows it limited to CD quality, I can play a 24/96 track which maintains that resolution on the Qobuz app now playing screen and appears to feed that thru to my amp ok. I’m having mixed results with some target devices but it doesn’t appear that the Qobuz app does actually limit it to CD quality despite what that legend shows.

Using WiiM app I can get HiRes, but with not with Google Cast from Qobuz app
As said by the others here, that limitations is from Qobuz and not a technical thing from either WiiM or Chromecast.

So if you want higher resolution you have to use the Qobuz-app inside the WiiM Home app

As said by the others here, that limitations is from Qobuz and not a technical thing from either WiiM or Chromecast.

So if you want higher resolution you have to use the Qobuz-app inside the WiiM Home app
You have been able to get 24/96 casting from the Qobuz app to WiiM. I’ll do further tests today but that limit in the Android Qobuz app doesn’t appear to be accurate I.e. it’s not limited to CD quality.

You have been able to get 24/96 casting from the Qobuz app to WiiM. I’ll do further tests today but that limit in the Android Qobuz app doesn’t appear to be accurate I.e. it’s not limited to CD quality.
Ok do a check. Im also maxed out at 44,1 via Chromecast to my Pro, did a check now. Via WiiM-app 192.

Plex-app on phone via Chromecast to WiiM Pro gives 192 on local files in 24/192-resolution.

Ok do a check. Im also maxed out at 44,1 via Chromecast to my Pro, did a check now. Via WiiM-app 192.

Plex-app on phone via Chromecast to WiiM Pro gives 192 on local files in 24/192-resolution.
I’m getting 24/96 via Chromecast as expected on my Pro, with the Qobuz app showing that (as does my amp) as it plays even though it stated it would be limited to CD.

Where are you seeing it actually limited to CD quality, not just from that potentially erroneous legend?

I’ll check app and firmware versions too. I’ve got a variety of beta firmware versions for DLNA casting, USB audio out etc so I wonder if that’s a factor. I’ll fire up my PC and try and compile a table of results later this morning

Hi, here's my table of results which confirms I'm still getting 24/96 from Qobuz using Chromecast even if the Android Qobuz casting page suggests the limit is CD quality , and as an aside that I can get 24/192 casting a track from another app, Hi-Fi Cast. In the results the first line , for example HI-RES/ 96, is what the Qobuz app shows when I cast, while the second line (24/96) is what I see on my amp.

Target DeviceWiiM ProWiiM Pro PlusWiiM Amp
Firmware versionv4.8.620645 (Samba beta)v4.8.621028 (DLNA Cast beta)v5.0.622245 (USB out beta)
Firmware Date202406202024062420240705
Audio OutputCoaxLine OutUSB
Google Home device info
Cast firmware version
Casting a HI-RES 24/192 track from Qobuz app
Ipad Air 13: iPadOS v17.5.1
Qobuz v7.10.1 b240606142000
HI-RES/ 96
24/96
HI-RES/ 96
n/a
HI-RES/ 96
24/96
Motorola Edge 30 Fusion: Android 13
Qobuz v8.0.1.0
HI-RES/ 96
24/96
HI-RES/ 96
n/a
HI-RES/ 96
24/96
Casting a HI-RES 24/192 track from android Hi-Fi Cast app
Motorola Edge 30 Fusion: Android 13
Qobuz v8.0.1.0
24/19224/192

As you see, I'm on beta firmware on all my devices, but knowing what WiiM version number you're on and perhaps more importantly what the Google Home app reports as the Cast firmware version under device information under the cog/settings icon for your WiiM device will hopefully help pin this down.

I've raised a ticket to WiiM on a separate but related matter and will see what they come back with.

Last edited:
I also checked using Qobuz within BubbleUPnP and it can still send up to 24/192 over ChromeCast to my Pro, Pro Plus and Amp.

Back