Room Correction Beta firmware for WiiM Pro, Pro Plus and Amp - User Testing Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not automatically as yet in this first version, but means to avoid it have been discussed in the forum and WiiM are very open to feature requests to improve their software.

Why not? The respected HouseCurve app does as well, and the characteristics of iPhone mics seem to be well understood.
I have an app called dB, which uses the iPhone mic. Shows SPL with four curve options. It assured my tweeters were not blown. I might have mentioned I’m old, and not the best judge of high end.

In addition, there is no algorithm for processing multipoint measurements (as in SW) and it is impossible to work with the subwoofer channel (2.1)
Why is it impossible to work with a sub woofer setup? I do! 2.2!

I don't understand the mixed reception for this feature. It works more than I expected and my system has never sounded this good. For once, I'm not disappointed but surprised :)
I am constantly surprised by Wiim, in a good way, and since I bought my Wiim Pro it has evolved into probably the best value purchase I've ever made. I bought it on the strength of it's support for Amazon Music and bit perfect DLNA streaming, if it had stayed as it was when I bought it, it would still be my best option now if I was looking for a streamer. The fact it has improved so much is awesome, and all for free!!

I am constantly surprised by Wiim, in a good way, and since I bought my Wiim Pro it has evolved into probably the best value purchase I've ever made. I bought it on the strength of it's support for Amazon Music and bit perfect DLNA streaming, if it had stayed as it was when I bought it, it would still be my best option now if I was looking for a streamer. The fact it has improved so much is awesome, and all for free!!

Absolutely this. I originally bought a WiiM Mini for its support of Amazon Music Unlimited. The fact that it was bit perfect was a bonus.

Then they added PEQ and Squeezlite to the Pro, so I upgraded to the Pro as my Logitech Squeezeboxes were getting old and were obsolete and would have to be scrapped if they failed. I can use WiiM Pro's instead.

Finally they have added Room Correction. As an Android user I will have to wait and to buy a USB C microphone, but it is something worth trying and has the potential to transform how my hi fi sounds.

WiiM are a company that has taken the old adage "delight you customers" and fed it steroids.

Well done WiiM, not many companies exceed my expectations and genuinely delight me, but you have and all at very affordable prices. You have redefined the definition of value for money.

What specific restrictions are we talking about? The developers didn't tell you more?
Starting with cpu and memory. It will get 10 band eq. On wiim mini roadmap, it wasn’t listed but the rest of the line was included as it had more powerful hardware.

What specific restrictions are we talking about? The developers didn't tell you more?
Wiim aren’t that expensive you can get pro for 150 on amazon. Pro will continue get advanced features as it has same cpu and memory as the rest of the line. I have pro, mini and amp.

The Mini has half the cpus and a quarter of the RAM compared to its bigger siblings, and already doesn’t support all the features that they do. I don’t think we need ask the developers…

Edit: although it should also be pointed out that the last time it was raised, WiiM did say they were investigating the possibility that the Mini might be able to support RC. So maybe it might come, but the fact that RC has already rolled out to all other models could suggest they did come to the conclusion that the mini isn’t up to it when it comes to RC.

Last edited:
I’m currently using smsl do200 mkii as dac and preamp on connected pro via optical. ASR rated do200 among the finest measurements. The sound is transparent and neutral. Will ultra onboard dac outperform my setup? I will find out soon!

The Mini has half the cpus and a quarter of the RAM compared to its bigger siblings, and already doesn’t support all the features that they do. I don’t think we need ask the developers…

Edit: although it should also be pointed out that the last time it was raised, WiiM did say they were investigating the possibility that the Mini might be able to support RC. So maybe it might come, but the fact that RC has already rolled out to all other models could suggest they did come to the conclusion that the mini isn’t up to it when it comes to RC.
Lamborghini for the price of beer won’t cut it. People should think that for longevity should invest the middle ground model to avoid regret down the line.

This is not the reason. For reference, in the early 2000s, a complex for room correction MLSSA was released, which worked with even weaker hardware
If RC is possible on mini, don’t you think wiim already incorporate them? Send message on wiim app so you can get direct answer from Wiim themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back