Room Correction Beta firmware for WiiM Pro, Pro Plus and Amp - User Testing Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
the "rc" function does not do this at the wiim home level (phone or tablet processeur)...?
like a "housecurve" etc...?
whether it is the test signal and the "processing capture"...
then the peq filter values are in fact injected at the device ? Or also at the software ?
if the mini has a 10 band peq like these big brothers...
wouldn't that be possible?

Last edited:
Does WiiM Pro and WiiM Mini have room correction?

No it doesn’t. These items are clearly not for you.

Every post you make is critical of WiiM. There are books intended for 5 year olds on Amazon. I don’t frequent the reviews forums of these books complaining the books don’t stretch me enough. They’re not aimed at me, so I go elsewhere.

There are PC and software reviews on Amazon, same thing.

Every product is aimed at a market. If you don’t fit the market, move on.

The WiiMs fulfil the task they’re required to do.

No.
No.
No.
Wrong.
No.
No.
Wrong.

Here are a couple of in advance answers to certain comments. Pick one at a time.

For high-quality correction, you need to add a lot of points to the equalizer, a lot of work, ineffective
I don't really understand the point of trolling like this... what motivates you etc... surprising...
bye

For high-quality correction, you need to add a lot of points to the equalizer, a lot of work, ineffective

Do you sell sofas?

Only in blue? I could come to your find saying you should add it in red.

If you add it in red, I could say I wanted a blue, but more turquoise.

If you offered it in turquoise, you could say it wasn’t the correct gradation of turquoise.

If I offered it in that gradation, you could move on to the colour of the feet. Or the type of fabric.

If WiiMs don’t do it for you, move on.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Your criticisms bypass the ‘constructive’ part, and only deal with phantom criticisms plucked from thin air.

This thread seems to be so far off topic it is legitimately useless now. As it's no longer in beta is there any point in this thread?

Just for clarity, high quality correction necessary number of points for the number of points is needed, no more work than has been made, effective

Especially for those who think this is trolling: I already use Sonarworks correction for my 2.1 stereo system,

However, this is associated with certain inconveniences, due to the fact that SW must be installed on a PC/laptop

Therefore, I am interested in whether WiiM is capable of providing at least as good quality of room correction.

Especially for those who think this is trolling: I already use Sonarworks correction for my 2.1 stereo system,

However, this is associated with certain inconveniences, due to the fact that SW must be installed on a PC/laptop

Therefore, I am interested in whether WiiM is capable of providing at least as good quality of room correction.

Define ‘good’.

With this initial release, probably not in all honesty. If you are familiar with the HouseCurve app on iOS, you could think of WiiM’s current RC iteration as “HouseCurve-lite”. So either try that app or procure a WiiM device (from the Pro upwards) from a retailer who would you allow to return it if it doesn’t meet your somewhat exacting requirements.

Beyond that advice, I don’t think there’s much more that can usefully be discussed in this thread. As @joffy1780 suggested above, this latest discussion and the thread itself has probably outlived its usefulness as RC is no longer in beta. I’m therefore minded to close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back