Room correction

I'm presuming that useful RC for a sub will only work with an ultra or similar where the timing changes to align phase can be effected. In my case my Pro plus is connected to a Yamaha amp that has a sub out with no way of adjusting phase. The sub has a basic 0 deg and 180 deg switch. I can't see how the RC function can separate sub from speakers in that setup, at best I can effect a FR correction only?

There is so much content on RC on this site on that feature for Pro and Pro+ (however, I (cannot comment on WiiM Amp, as I don‘t have it)
In my case it works brilliantly!
I will not repeat it here again, but I said it a couple of times - it works also with subs!
The phase must be adjusted at the sub level, I have it at 0. It‘s not perfect, but it‘s much better than without RC!
Just try it!

Last edited:
I think it's clear that the WiiM room correction is just EQ and not something advanced like Genelec GLM, Dirac (which in my experience is pretty horrible) or whatever. Still I believe for a lot of people it can be quite useful and make a huge difference. I think no one should complain about it as it is a free update and it's up to everyone to use it or not.

There is so much content on RC on this site on that feature for Pro and Pro+ (however, I (cannot comment on WiiM Amp, as I don‘t have it)
I will not repeat it here again, but I said it a couple of times - it works also with subs!
The phase must be adjusted at the sub level, I have it at 0. It‘s not perfect, but it‘s much better than without RC!
Just try it!
The FR EQ should indeed work with a sub, it's just measuring the response and providing a correction profile. It cannot possibly effect any phase changes between sub and speakers as they are not connected directly to the wiim device (Sonos does this by the way, and works very well indeed within the limitations of their hardware).
I'm going to try it because it might be better than a manual sweep using Spectroid and the like and then manually creating a PEQ correction profile. In my case, I have deliberately added a Low Step filter to roll the bass off the main system, and compensating with the sub active settings to step in and take over below 100Hz. This means I can mitigate some really horrible nodes of around 15dB without breaking my amp and main speakers, and let the sub do the heavy lifting.

Just try it!
I've searched but can't find an obvious thread to share info for the pro plus? I've had a play and got some odd results to say the least....

I found that, but it's in the Wiim amp section, which of course is very different from using analogue separates. I'm presuming that the amp (like sonos) has the capability to alter phasing of sub and mains signals. In the end it seems the bet testing for Android is the place.

I see! Sorry, RC content was overlapping…

I started this thread a while ago, and got from RC sceptical to amazed how well it works…

I can't run a test right now, how does it differ from previous (in terms of functionality) how does it work?

I can't run a test right now, how does it differ from previous (in terms of functionality) how does it work?
Same as before but the frequencies below the crossover frequency can be corrected. It should act the same as the beta Android app when room correction was first available for Android.

Sorry I'm still confused.
Currently I'm doing a sweep from 40Hz to 4k, my sub is on and set to 75Hz crossover with the volume set so that it's louder than the main speakers over it's operating range. The EQ therefore is compensating for the complete system. How does the new app make the calculation if it's different?

Sorry I'm still confused.
Currently I'm doing a sweep from 40Hz to 4k, my sub is on and set to 75Hz crossover with the volume set so that it's louder than the main speakers over it's operating range. The EQ therefore is compensating for the complete system. How does the new app make the calculation if it's different?
Do you have any filters lower than 75Hz in the PEQ settings table?

Haha OK makes sense then. I can set my sub to anywhere between 40Hz and 80Hz in a series of fixed steps. The Wiim app I can adjust the sweep frequency to sub 40Hz though not tried anything lower than 35 as the subs response has disappeared by then

Haha OK makes sense then. I can set my sub to anywhere between 40Hz and 80Hz in a series of fixed steps. The Wiim app I can adjust the sweep frequency to sub 40Hz though not tried anything lower than 35 as the subs response has disappeared by then
Those settings have been independent before. You could set a sub crossover frequency of e.g. 200 Hz and configure RC to correct from 20 Hz upwards. However, the behaviour that most of us have been observing (after RC had become official on Android) was that automatic RC would not attempt to apply any correction below 200 Hz in this example.

Now we have the switch:
IMG_20240815_165511.jpg

Subwoofer calibration is enabled by default. RC should apply correction according to the frequency range configured above.

When disabled it should ignore the frequencies below the subwoofer crssover frequency defined in the app.

Those settings have been independent before. You could set a sub crossover frequency of e.g. 200 Hz and configure RC to correct from 20 Hz upwards. However, the behaviour that most of us have been observing (after RC had become official on Android) was that automatic RC would not attempt to apply any correction below 200 Hz in this example.

Now we have the switch:
View attachment 10442

Subwoofer calibration is enabled by default. RC should apply correction according to the frequency range configured above.

When disabled it should ignore the frequencies below the subwoofer crssover frequency defined in the app.
This wouldn't apply though to a pro plus which is doing all the EQ prior to the analogue output of the DAC?
My Wiim device and app have no information on the configuration of the downstream system, so has no idea whether a sub is installed or not.

This wouldn't apply though to a pro plus which is doing all the EQ prior to the analogue output of the DAC?
My Wiim device and app have no information on the configuration of the downstream system, so has no idea whether a sub is installed or not.
I believe this is Ultra and amp only feature and not relevant to pro or pro +.

Back