Room correction

I know, just curious to see how the mics compared. I'm only using 6 filters, and two of those are shelf, a low pass to shift <75Hz onto my sub to ease the load on the Elacs and my amp, and a high shelf boost because my ears are old!

Been thinking about changing my Elac dbr62 for something bigger so I'm less reliant on the sub, but it occurred to me that being able to fully integrate the sub into the room correction might be a much more cost effective solution, I'm presuming that the Amp can do the DSP on both the main L/R output channels and the sub, so should be able to get the time alignment corrected?

Its a much cheaper solution to buying some big floorstanders, though not sure how good the Amp is sonucally (I know it's load dependant from Amirs testing) so it's not perfect, but EQ should resolve the obvious audible errors.

For me it's standmounts and sub(s) over big floorstanders any time, if proper sub management is available.

The exception might be bigger rooms where big floorstanders and sub(s) are probably the best solution.😜

For me it's standmounts and sub(s) over big floorstanders any time, if proper sub management is available.

The exception might be bigger rooms where big floorstanders and sub(s) are probably the best solution.😜
That's my question of the Amp, can it do proper sub management?

Room EQ will need the following

Testing of left, right and subwoofer independently
Delay/phase, levels, alignment of left, right and subwoofer independently
PEQ filters for left, right and subwoofer independently
Does rc also include the sub?
I read there can be made some changes made afterwards.
Frequency,peq, different curves can be chosen.
Anyone a screenshot of what can be changed?
I hope i dont have to change much because for a beginner it would be difficult to do manually in stead of choosing pre set eq settings
I think i have to read through the topics first before choosing rc...
Because when i have to change something manually i really have any clue of what I'm doing. And of you have to ..you don't want to change anything.. because..what are you changing? What can you change if you even have no knowledge of what you are changing.
No knowledge at all how to change or propper set up a eq or peq..
I assume im not the only one.
For instance what is the frequency range i can change with RC?
What does it mean?
Cross over of the sub is set to 80 in the app. I assume I won't have to change anything on the sub side?
What does max Q mean in the app?

Last edited:

So... it depends :ROFLMAO:
Seems like this is (should be) rule #1

Then i have a question.
On the website i read:

2. Configure Parameters:

Target Curve: Choose the desired frequency response curve before room correction.
Frequency Range: Adjust the frequency range to be corrected. If your speakers have bass enhancement, it's recommended to exclude that frequency range.
Gain: Adjust the volume level during calibration. Set gain according to the room's acoustic characteristics and personal preference to avoid distortion or unnatural sound.
Q Value:
Lower Q values are suitable for smooth frequency response adjustments.
Higher Q values are used for precise correction of specific frequency peaks and dips but may cause "ringing."

I have to set this before calibration. That's what I understand reading the instructions..
But isn't this not after the RC measurement?
Take for instance the target curves I have to choose from..
..can't I only choose this after RC/ the RC calibration?

Edit:
I see now I can set it before.
But what frequency I have to choose?
What gain or Q?
What target curve?

Last edited:
On the first screen, Welcome to Room Correction.
Top right, green cog icon.
Press it.
Thanks i see it now.
So i have to set it before that clear now.
But take for instance the frequency.
What do i have to look for?
The maximum frequencies of my speakers?
And the i have to look for the cross over frequency of my sub?
So if the cross over is 80 HZ set the frequency to 80 and the maximum frequencies of the speakers?
Further it's difficult to choose according to target curve ,gain or Q.
I mean I dont know the difference..
How can I hear beforehand what I'm changing?
For instance,I have to set gain during calibration? How?
How do I know what Q i have to choose?
It would be helpful if there would be a tutorial on youtube on this subject.

Last edited:
I'm (very) far from even being a novice with room correction.
Frequency range - seems that generally room issues are in the low frequencies, hence the default of 4khz.
As for sub crossovers etc, well, I have (skim)read lots of posts on it, so best to search a bit or wait for someone else to answer!

I'm (very) far from even being a novice with room correction.
Frequency range - seems that generally room issues are in the low frequencies, hence the default of 4khz.
As for sub crossovers etc, well, I have (skim)read lots of posts on it, so best to search a bit or wait for someone else to answer!
Thanks very much.
I find it difficult..i mean as I beginner in this matter i have no clue of what I'm doing and you don't want just play with a setting if you don't know what you are changing.
I have to read more before using RC ..
Every speaker is different and I have a sub..so what are the things to look out for before the calibration ?
I guess I have to inform myself more on the subject and then ask more questions if needed.

Thanks very much.
I find it difficult..i mean as I beginner in this matter i have no clue of what I'm doing and you don't want just play with a setting if you don't know what you are changing.
I have to read more before using RC ..
Whatever you do, if you don't like the result you can repeat with different settings or turn it off completely. Try it and see.

Whatever you do, if you don't like the result you can repeat with different settings or turn it off completely. Try it and see.
I will thanks very much.
I will read some more on the matter before.
Because still have no idea what frequency I have to set...what do I have to look out for.
Then how can I set the gain,Q before when i dont have any clue how to set the correct values for it.
I mean how can i now before the calibration what i have to choose here..?
Yes i see the explanation what it's for but what are the correct values? How can I know it?
With RC calibration I assume there is no music playing?
So how will I know what Q or gain i have to choose?
What frequency?
I hope there i a tutorial video for this on youtube.

I will thanks very much.
I will read some more on the matter before.
Because still have no idea what frequency I have to set...what do I have to look out for.
Then how can I set the gain,Q before when i dont have any clue how to set the correct values for it.
I mean how can i now before the calibration what i have to choose here..?
Yes i see the explanation what it's for but what are the correct values? How can I know it?
With RC calibration I assume there is no music playing?
So how will I know what Q or gain i have to choose?
Start off by leaving all the settings at default. Just choose a target curve. I choose flat but many prefer the others.

Back