Room correction

I will thanks very much.
I will read some more on the matter before.
Because still have no idea what frequency I have to set...what do I have to look out for.
Then how can I set the gain,Q before when i dont have any clue how to set the correct values for it.
I mean how can i now before the calibration what i have to choose here..?
Yes i see the explanation what it's for but what are the correct values? How can I know it?
With RC calibration I assume there is no music playing?
So how will I know what Q or gain i have to choose?
I tried RC for the first time earlier today - went with the defaults just to see (hear) what it did.
I know, in that particular room, the speakers are not well placed (in the corners) and there is a lot of bass.
RC tamed this just a bit too much for my liking, and boosted the mids too much too.
After RC I used the peq screen to drag a couple of the points around to increase /reduce the gain.
Certainly sounds more balanced now.
Just give it a shot - it's not permanent!

Start with that and go from there.
I will thanks.
I can play with the correct settings later i assume.
I will try it soon.
Sub crossover is set to 80 HZ but ok i assume I dont have to bother on the sub side..
I will try rc with the default settings.

I wonder if everything van sound even better then now.
I'm very pleased how it's sound without rc..
Can it sound even better?

Last edited:
I will thanks.
I will try it soon.
Sub crossover is set to 80 HZ but ok i assume I dont have to bother on the sub side..

You will only know if you try.

For me, the results with the default settings on the WiiM Home app were unimpressive, but for a friend, they were dramatic with his equipment/room combination. I learned from and used HouseCurve to understand how I might improve mine further and manually transcribed the results to the WiiM's PEQ settings. I got very impressive results from moving my speakers, my amp tone controls and then the PEQ. I found it fun learning about it, and I'm delighted with the results of my efforts.

I will thanks.
I will try it soon.

There is also the Subwoofer phase or the Subwoofer latency settings to play with. You would need to do that even without RC.

That's my question of the Amp, can it do proper sub management?
Absolutely. Stereo sub out would be even better, but sub management is pretty good as it is.

You need to configure the crossover frequency, the level, the polarity (absolute phase, 0⁰ or 180⁰) and delay for either sub or mains (equivalent to entering distances) manually, but I actually prefer it that way.

High pass and low pass always use the same crossover frequency and filter slope (4th order Linkwitz-Riley), but that's just fine in 95% of all cases.

Thanks very much for your help, reactions.
For the sub..I've set it to 80 HZ now and the results on the sound I'm very pleased with.
No RC calibration done for now..
What about this new feature subwoofer latency settings?
Or sub speakers alignment?
Can it improve the sound even more?

You will only know if you try.

For me, the results with the default settings on the WiiM Home app were unimpressive, but for a friend, they were dramatic with his equipment/room combination. I learned from and used HouseCurve to understand how I might improve mine further and manually transcribed the results to the WiiM's PEQ settings. I got very impressive results from moving my speakers, my amp tone controls and then the PEQ. I found it fun learning about it, and I'm delighted with the results of my efforts.
I will have to lean more.
House curve isn't available on android is it?
I just hope with the default settings it can improve my sound even more.
I mean will the changed settings apply well for all music genre's?
Hope I don't have to change a lot and hopefully the sub with RC works well too.

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks very much for your help, reactions.
For the sub..I've set it to 80 HZ now and the results on the sound I'm very pleased with.
No RC calibration done for now..
What about this new feature subwoofer latency settings?
Or sub speakers alignment?
Can it improve the sound even more?
We can’t answer that. Try it if you like it then it was improved.

We can’t answer that. Try it if you like it then it was improved.
You're right.
I can always set the RC off if wanted.
Thanks for the help.
Everything sounds superb now without rc.
Can't imagine it will sound even better..well see,hear..😊👍

I don't think so, but you can still learn plenty from the documentation and use it with the WiiM home app. Maybe an Android user can pile in with an equivalent suggestion on the Google Play Store.

I think it depends on your goal. Mine was to get my system to produce a sound that was as close as possible to what the producer intended, no matter what the genre. In my particular case, I hear details in the higher frequencies that were muffled before, and the bass is much better balanced. Interestingly, a family member objected to the changes, complaining that I'd neutered the bass in some of his favourite tracks. After a bit of persistence, he suggested that those tracks were poorly mixed (and I agreed).

So the recommendation is to exclude the sub from the test sweep? What's the logic for that, as I have included it, given that for a device like the Pro+ the app has no information about who many / what speakers are connected, and therefore surely you test the complete system including the sub because that's how you listen to it. If the RC is carried out on your main speakers only, then adding a sub becomes pure guesswork. Now, if you're using Amp or Ultra that has sub management then does this instruction imply that there is no room correction being computed for the sub out? The specs for Ultra for example state it's capable of managing sub crossover frequency, phase and latency; of limited use if these are manual only controls.

I will have to lean more.
I just hope with the default settings it can improve my sound even more.
Hope I don't have to change a lot and hopefully the sub with RC works well too.

Thanks for the reply.
You don't need to use Housecurve if you use an Android device, the Wiim app does everything for you, and it works in Android - might be worth reading through this thread:

So the recommendation is to exclude the sub from the test sweep? What's the logic for that, as I have included it, given that for a device like the Pro+ the app has no information about who many / what speakers are connected, and therefore surely you test the complete system including the sub because that's how you listen to it. If the RC is carried out on your main speakers only, then adding a sub becomes pure guesswork. Now, if you're using Amp or Ultra that has sub management then does this instruction imply that there is no room correction being computed for the sub out? The specs for Ultra for example state it's capable of managing sub crossover frequency, phase and latency; of limited use if these are manual only controls.
That is probably out of date now as the ability to include the subwoofer was recently added and is the default setting now.

I don't think so, but you can still learn plenty from the documentation and use it with the WiiM home app. Maybe an Android user can pile in with an equivalent suggestion on the Google Play Store.

I think it depends on your goal. Mine was to get my system to produce a sound that was as close as possible to what the producer intended, no matter what the genre. In my particular case, I hear details in the higher frequencies that were muffled before, and the bass is much better balanced. Interestingly, a family member objected to the changes, complaining that I'd neutered the bass in some of his favourite tracks. After a bit of persistence, he suggested that those tracks were poorly mixed (and I agreed).
If have set my EQ settings to akoestic right now.
Creates on my system a very good sound.
I mean i have all the details of the music and the bass comes from the sub.
In my experience or lets say System it creates low end high frequency perfectly.
Again lots of details in all music genre's in not in that way that listening would be fatiguing.

I wonder if RC can improve it even more.
Hopefully all goes well with the sub then because apparently the sub is excluded from the calibration.

You don't need to use Housecurve if you use an Android device, the Wiim app does everything for you, and it works in Android - might be worth reading through this thread:

Thanks very much I will read it all. Very helpful 😊👍

You're right 👍
Subwoofer calibration is included..I can see it in the app.
Thanks 👍

So I can do the test with default settings I assume.
First I going to read some more topics.
Crossover is set to 80 without rc..i wonder what will happen with the calibration.

I just can't imagine how the sound could improve even more als it is( in my set up) without rc..
Can it?
I mean without rc its magic with all music genre's.
The details, instrument separation, bass management.. wonderful.
Before i always listened with a cable and good dac with my headphones...now i always listen on my hifi system. Never could imagine it would sound even more exceting than a headphone. But in my opinion it does.
It's a joy to use it again and again.. respect a lot to Wiim for offering such excellent audio devices for such a price.
Not to mention what they do for their customers on the software,updates side..
Now they even provide their customers RC or Sub, speakers allignment...unbelievable.(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Last edited:
On a Ultra topic i read RC wont correct below sub crossover..
Is this the same for the amp?
Lots of questions again but ok i will leave it for now ..read some more about it and give it a try then.

Back