Room correction

On a Ultra topic i read RC wont correct below sub crossover..
Is this the same for the amp?
Lots of questions again but ok i will leave it for now ..read some more about it and give it a try then.
It does now. There used to be a difference between iOS and Android. iOS didn't include the subwoofer but the Android beta version did. When the official Android version came out the subwoofer correction had been removed. Now it has been reinstated. Confused? You will be 🤣

It does now. There used to be a difference between iOS and Android. iOS didn't include the subwoofer but the Android beta version did. When the official Android version came out the subwoofer correction had been removed. Now it has been reinstated. Confused? You will be 🤣
:D:D Yes it is.. thank for explaining.
I will give RC a try soon. Very glad we have this function now.
Wiim is such a great brand..offer excellent hard and software not to mention the support... So glad i bought the amp..

Hmm just tried the room correction on Android including the subwoofer and it still doesn't correct below the crossover frequency. Crossover here is 85Hz
Screenshot_20240829-103648.png

Those settings have been independent before. You could set a sub crossover frequency of e.g. 200 Hz and configure RC to correct from 20 Hz upwards. However, the behaviour that most of us have been observing (after RC had become official on Android) was that automatic RC would not attempt to apply any correction below 200 Hz in this example.

Now we have the switch:
View attachment 10442

Subwoofer calibration is enabled by default. RC should apply correction according to the frequency range configured above.

When disabled it should ignore the frequencies below the subwoofer crssover frequency defined in the app.
I just tried room correction including the subwoofer option on Android and it still doesn't add filters below the crossover frequency 😠

Hmm just tried the room correction on Android including the subwoofer and it still doesn't correct below the crossover frequency. Crossover here is 85Hz
View attachment 11010
That's disappointing. I'm waiting for the update with not just sub FR but also latency. The 8ntegration of the sub into RC was the sole reason I've invested in the Ultra over the Pro+

That's disappointing. I'm waiting for the update with not just sub FR but also latency. The 8ntegration of the sub into RC was the sole reason I've invested in the Ultra over the Pro+
This is on the amp so maybe the Ultra is different. I thought you reported filters below the crossover.

This is on the amp so maybe the Ultra is different. I thought you reported filters below the crossover.
That was using a pro plus. Tbh I hadn't paid much attention to the sweep using Ultra.

I really do need to check more carefully which thread I'm in before posting though 🙄

Maybe someone who knows more about peq. If I lower the Q value I get good result without changing gain and range. If I set Q on highest 10 I get muffled sound with same gain and range setting. Is this how this suppose to work?

There’s a sub toggle in the iPad version of the WiiM home app for both my amp and ultra
Does it work though? I just assumed it would as the beta Android app included the subwoofer. Now the official app has the toggle it doesn't work for me.

Maybe someone who knows more about peq. If I lower the Q value I get good result without changing gain and range. If I set Q on highest 10 I get muffled sound with same gain and range setting. Is this how this suppose to work?
If you post screenshots of the measured response we would have more to go on.

Does it work though? I just assumed it would as the beta Android app included the subwoofer. Now the official app has the toggle it doesn't work for me.
Here’s on iPhone, if toggle on let say set 80 it would measure lower than 80. Toggle off on 80 would only measure above 80.

Quick question.. probably already answered by someone. Is it / will it be possible to apply a calibration file for my iMM-6c microphone in the app? Does this calibration file significantly affect the measurement? If so, and the file cannot be uploaded, is it better to use REW?

Back